What to work on?

Here are some pics taken today and one from years past. The angle and lighting are not the best. I hope you all can still get an idea. I am around 215-220 and 6'1-6'2. I have always had fine legs and it is dificult to take those pics alone. I have a large rib cage and that may be why at 220 and thin enough to have some definition (by no means enough though), I still look like my muscles are kind of small, especially my chest I think. Lemme know what you think my weaknesses are! Also, how do you think I compare to the old pic? Am i about the same muscle wise but fatter now, or is the muscle different?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What to work on?-4-6-07.jpg   What to work on?-4-6-07-1.jpg   What to work on?-dsc00549.jpg   What to work on?-dsc00553.jpg   What to work on?-ab-03-xxx-2.jpg  

one more oldie. Damn my wide pelvis!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What to work on?-ad-03-xxx-1.jpg  

Is there anything I can add to make this thread more likely to get responses? More pictures or stats?

gigem is offline Banned
    i see some growth id say chest traps and lats need some work your arms look good and your shoulders look ok from what i an tell you have a good base keep hittn it hard bro

SHAVE YOU HAIRY B*TCH........I'm in the same boat as you, except my hair is lighter (red)

scottish is offline Associate Member
    LMAO...^^^

Base looks pretty good .

Sokolhasan is offline Junior Member
    Chest, triceps, and the whole back could be a bit bigger, but base looks fine ;-)
    Last edited by Sokolhasan; 04-07-2007 at 06:02 PM.

Sokolhasan is offline Junior Member
    chest, triceps, and the whole back could be a bit bigger, but the base looks fine ;-)

Thanks for the replys guys. One thing i should mention is that those pics are taken with a camera that is at crotch level and angled up slightly. So my traps are obscured and my chest looks sort of off too because of the altered perspective. But I think the comments are great, thanks.

vicious cycle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBricks
    What to work on?
    Your diet.

No doubt my diet is not as strong as it could be. I eat relatively clean but I am horrible about eating small meals frequently. But, I have made alot of progress. Here are my fat pics, taken last fall. My weight was similar to what it is now, about 220 (now I am 215 in the AM) but you can see *alot* more than 5 lb of fat came off. Still, its hard to look back to those pics from a couple years ago and then see the fat pics. Shocking. People talk about the 15 lb you put on in college, med school is the same principle taken to absurd proportions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What to work on?-az-jul-16-225-6.jpg   What to work on?-fat2.jpg  

vicious cycle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBricks
    No doubt my diet is not as strong as it could be. I eat relatively clean but I am horrible about eating small meals frequently. But, I have made alot of progress. Here are my fat pics, taken last fall. My weight was similar to what it is now, about 220 (now I am 215 in the AM) but you can see *alot* more than 5 lb of fat came off. Still, its hard to look back to those pics from a couple years ago and then see the fat pics. Shocking. People talk about the 15 lb you put on in college, med school is the same principle taken to absurd proportions.
    Sorry for being a jerk. Just been in a funk lately.

You asked what to work on and honestly, your diet accounts for about 70% of your success or failure. Whether it's mass gaining or weight loss that you are looking for diet is the key.

Consider this; a Big Mac has about 550 calories in it. I could eat a Big Mac in about 3-4 minutes. It takes me at an incline of 3% running a speed 5 (out of 10) about 1 hour to burn 550 calories. Now which is easier to do? It really is a no brainer.

I'll be happy to help if you are serious.

Wow.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    inner chest needs to be beefed up, traps and lats as well

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    inner chest needs to be beefed up, traps and lats as well
    20 months ago

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I wouldnt worry about how you look through school. Think of it this way, your working out your brain and have probably more neural connections than the average person on this forum.....LOL

At least thats what I have told myself the last 9 years that I have been in school....

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBricks View Post
    20 months ago
    didnt notice the date until i posted, thought your bump was for recent pics. my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    didnt notice the date until i posted, thought your bump was for recent pics. my bad
    I may add some just for kicks. I have gained fat since then. I stopped going to the gym pretty soon after those were taken. It was a stressful final year of school. Then I finish and what do you know, I get free food 24/7 at my job and am under just as much pressure. After being back in the gym for a few months now I am much stronger than I ever have been but after finding this old thread I see I am in dire need of a cutting period.

I weigh 230-235 right now, loaded up on creatine. Bench is around 255-275x8x3 depending on the day. Bicep curls 50x8x3, Lat Pulldown 165x8x3, tricep rope pushdowns at 190x8x3 (with the 1/2 reduction pully). Much stronger than I have been in the past, but still...235...wow. 17-3/4 inch arms, 37 inch waist.

Thread Information