Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: I'll Say This Again!!!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

I'll Say This Again!!!

Unless you post your own pics, please do not flame anybody else or tell them they don't look too good!! Constructive criticism is cool and is welcome. I have MUCH respect for anybody that has guts enough to post pics and ask for encouragement and advice. If somebody has worked their ass off in the gym and done everything right diet wise and they are still 6'6" and 145lbs, then they are getting my props. Not everybody is gonna look perfect...as a matter of fact most here (including myself) have a long way to go. But the point is, if you can't say anything positive, encouraging or helpful....then keep your friggin cakehole shut!!!

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    BUMP

I dont know how many time this has to be said either

marx is offline Member
    Well said Pete. I have much respect for anyone putting forth the effort to change their body and lifestyle for the better. Wether it's a 250lb competative body builder or a 300lbs overweight person, if they're putting forth the effort they're impressing me. Everyone has different genetics and it's all about what you can do with your genetics, not everyone is gonna look like BigKev. No need to discourage anyone here....

exactly

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    I don't know why someone would want to be an asshole and flame somebody's pics. Still can't figure that one out...

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Pete you are exactly right, but sometimes when someone asks for constructive critism, i.e bodyfat level guesses, I feel kinda bad when everyone else is saying 12% and I have to go with my gut instinct of 19%. Which I'm sure the guy or gal is wanting to hear. Anyway I just think that I will, "keep my cakehole" shut and not post a response to these types of questions. However I ask everyone that if a person asked for honest opinions, that we as members should give them just that, they deserve it.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Honest is the best policy, unfortunatly sometimes it hurts...at the same time, you are right Pete, anybody with enough guts to post their picture here deserves credit for doing so.................XXL

Shredz is offline Respected Member

Re: I'll Say This Again!!!

Originally posted by Pete235
    But the point is, if you can't say anything positive, encouraging or helpful....then keep your friggin cakehole shut!!!

Could have said it better myself..

Bumpity Bump my good friend

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Dr. Derek
    Pete you are exactly right, but sometimes when someone asks for constructive critism, i.e bodyfat level guesses, I feel kinda bad when everyone else is saying 12% and I have to go with my gut instinct of 19%.
    I agree 100% Dr.D....I believe when a member asks for honest opinions we should give them that. I'm one of those guys who is hovering at about 18% at present, I know it and have been working towrds lowering it. I wouldn't expect anything but an honest assement from the members here. I guess all I'm saying is, that as long as we offer our opinions in a respectful manner please say whatever is on your mind. The negatives I was refering to where comments like "You need more size, you're too small, doesn't look that good to me, do you even train?" These are all comments I've seen at one time or another.

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Honest: You need to work on your quads.

Not Honest: Buddy you look like shit

Just incase there is any confusion, Derogatory comments do not help anyone improve their physique.

peace

RATM is offline Senior Member
    very put pete, and you do doc. maybe one percent of the people in here have a body that could be construde as perfect. my hat goes off to anyone who puts in a diligent effort to improve themselves and promote a healthy lifestyle.

RATM is offline Senior Member
    oops that was supposed to say very well put

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by Dr. Derek
    Pete you are exactly right, but sometimes when someone asks for constructive critism, i.e bodyfat level guesses, I feel kinda bad when everyone else is saying 12% and I have to go with my gut instinct of 19%. Which I'm sure the guy or gal is wanting to hear. Anyway I just think that I will, "keep my cakehole" shut and not post a response to these types of questions. However I ask everyone that if a person asked for honest opinions, that we as members should give them just that, they deserve it.
    JMO... couldn't you just send them over a pm stating what you think?? That's what I would want...

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by Big Al
    Honest: You need to work on your quads.

Not Honest: Buddy you look like shit

Just incase there is any confusion, Derogatory comments do not help anyone improve their physique.

peace
    Best said IMO about the derogatory comments. Positive feedback is what I believe drives people to perform at their highest levels.

naturalmass......you stuttering again?!

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    My mom always said, "If you don't have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all!" Although constructive criticism is allowed, flamming isn't. Start flamming and we'll start banning

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    :BUMP:

This is why i love this forum!

Originally posted by Pete235
    The negatives I was refering to where comments like "You need more size, you're too small, doesn't look that good to me, do you even train?" These are all comments I've seen at one time or another.
    Well those type of comments are just plain idiotic and juvenile, and I usually find that the people who say things like that, seldom if ever post thier pics because they usually look like shit and are insecure about themselves, so to them....Yes keep the pie ohh I mean cake hole shut.

Originally posted by Babyweight

JMO... couldn't you just send them over a pm stating what you think?? That's what I would want...
    Not a bad idea, never claimed to be a brain surgeon, thanks BW

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i think pople have to realize too

everyone has their own "physique ideal". by that i mean, not every guy wants to be some mass monster. i've seen posts where a guy would have excellent muscle seperation, density, decent volume, all that and people are like, "bro, you need to throw in more test or this or that".i think it's a common misconception that all guys who use gear wanna be some massive freak.so when a guy with a good build ask a simple question like, "how do i look?", maybe he's not all keen on hearing, "BRO, YOU NEED MORE TEST IN YOUR CYCLE!!!!" answer the guy's question by what he ased."how do i look?", not "what's your nonexpert opinion on how many grams of test a week i should be using"

and your damn sure, if you don't have the balls to post your picture, shut your fucking mouth if you have nothing positive to say.it's always the bloated fat guy juicer who tells a lean symetrical guy how he needs size. these fat bloated fukers can't even see their dicks when they piss from all the eth their taking to ease their fragile small guy syndrome egos. ok i'm done here, but yeah what pete and the guys said.............

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Well said Pete and Partyboy.
    Negativity has no place on this board. Saying something negative about someone does nothing but hurt the person. Someone who is happy with themselves would not say something negative to hurt someone else. They might give constuctive criticism, which is completely different. Like Twain always said, pay no mind or assosciate with people who belittle your ambitions, SMALL people always do that. Assosciate with Great people, for they, having already become great, will make you feel that you can be great also.
    Last edited by FRANK WHITE; 06-05-2002 at 02:27 PM.

mike2112 is offline Associate Member
    bump

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    JJ i was just fixing to comment on what Pete said. Would it be ok to flame if i did post my pic.. haha lol jj

My mommy always said if you don't have something nice to type; don't type it at all
    Last edited by BigMike J; 07-01-2002 at 10:32 PM.

BOB HAD BITCH TITS is offline Associate Member
    we are not on this site to show off our perfect bodies that is very much not the case, we are here to improve our selves and self confidence we post pic to ask nonbiased opinion on what we need to improve.

every one who posted said it best, just wanted to throw in mine.

metzger66 is offline Associate Member
    Great post pete you just gave me the courage to post my pics soon!

metz

otte is offline New Member
    DIN OTTE::::YO LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL

Powerball is offline New Member
    Takes a lot of guts to put your pic on here.

heavensdoor is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Emotional fitness

Originally posted by Babyweight

Best said IMO about the derogatory comments. Positive feedback is what I believe drives people to perform at their highest levels.

naturalmass......you stuttering again?!
    I want to say this,Emotions effect your Health,If someone TRUST you enough to show you their picture Be Flattered ,They are saying I think you are smart !and I care what you Think!Now would you return that complament by saying something that would Hurt that person,Would You!Still if you had time to Think about it,All Things that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own,That is True,What if you hurt someones feelings and they go get drunk and drive and have a wreck,Kill them self,
    or them self and others,what if they live in your town and ran over your loved one because they are trying to change the way they feel because something you said made them feel Bad,Or what if a person took a gun and killed them self because they really had no one just this site,yes things like this happen thats why it is a prevalege to post at AR You can Help,You can Help people turn their life into something special,I have lied to people I know and said man your loseing weight you look tough ,and they would believe me !!Smile and actually start working a program,
    Its The Power of Suggestion it works,Dont just build a better body build a better world with this stuff, yea like she said ,coach not mutalate,

stillsmall is offline Junior Member
    ok guys.. sometimes there's a time for sensitivity, sometimes you just need to give it like a man and hope they take it like a man... if you ask for bodyfat analysis, be prepared to get some negative answers... Use that as positive energy to make you workout harder, dont' let the negativity affect your self-esteem.. sometimes we all need a match lit under our ass to get the ball rolling again... I for one do not mind the flaming... part of being a man is to deal with rejection and come back stronger to prove the person wrong.. what's so bad about that.. most of us working out are here to prove that we can take it further than the avg person can... Of course when the goal is this lofty, there are meant to be bumps along the road.. SHould that derail you completely? no.. of course not.. not unless you wanna settle for average..

stillsmall is offline Junior Member
    Of course, you can take anything overboard.. i would like to smack anybody that say shit like "lose the fat, you ugly bastard" or "wtf are you posting a picture for.. wasting space?"

Breetai is offline Associate Member
    bump! good posts everyone

tdzzii72 is offline Associate Member
    Some people are posting a picture because they might now be in the best shape and are looking for advise to get fit. I give all people on this board who work out mad props. What percentage of the world just sits on their ass and eats fast food every night? At least their is an effort here.

I guese i am really posting this because I am going to post my picture up soon and don't want to get beat up too bad.

So please be nice to us noobs!

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    The pictures are a good way to get to know eachother better and to get an idea of where you may want to be or to keep a record of where you once were.

Just had to put my $.2 in.

mapkos is offline Junior Member
    Being constructive not destructive is what motivates!

When Im ready to post my before and after pics I could use the criticism but sure as hell dont want to made to feel like s*** after busting my A$$ to get somewhere. Good post bro.

cjvan is offline New Member
    Very well put ,one of the reasons i joined was because i saw so many positives posts.
    I for one look like hell (car accident back problem still haven't figured out a way to train consistantly) but thought the all the positive stuff would help. i used to look like Rory.. wink wink.

Hercules52 is offline New Member
    Hi guys great pics, and keep up the good work. Keeping everything positive is always best. We are all after the same thing great body........to get chics with great bodies. Everything boils down to the pursuit of females or money, so really we are all on the same team.

www.allsportsupplements.com

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Nuff said. We can all say things WITH a sugar coating. I've been told that i look like sh1t before, and the person who told me that had nothing to base his calculations upon. In fact, when I contacted this member, he was nothing to write home about, and certainly not a person who should be offering advice.
    So we are all in agreement here. We want to help eachother. This is good.

UNTOUCHABLE is offline Junior Member
    Great post Pete, I wish everybody had the same attitude that you have!!!!

Keep throwin' up steel!!!

Untouchable

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats true!! this is for help all of us!!!!

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    it's not hard to tell the difference of being honest, and being an asshole.... i give props to anyone who posts thier pics... it takes balls to do so...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information