Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Abenaki Blood is offline Associate Member

Been a tough battle against being skinny...

Well basically I was 75 lbs as a freshman in HS and 116 as a 24 yr old adult. I've always been the one to not take my shirt off at the beach or even go to the beach for that matter.

At age 28 now, I am around 135-140 lbs at 5'7". The one thing that would make me the happiest is to hit 165 lbs. I eat like a tank and take weight gainer but all it does is make me sh*t lol.

Here is a picture of me. As you can see I have like 5% body fat but with no muscle mass. I am considering taking a cycle or more, but I have to admit I am scared of the side effects as any normal human being would be.

chest6 is offline Banned
    1. you are not 5% bf
    2. do NOT even THINK about steroids .
    3. what r u doing in the pic??

Describe to me what you eat. I bet it could use some help.

1. I've never checked myself for body fat, but there is nothing to me .... so I guestimated lol.

2. Why not think about them? (Please be honest, is there something about my build that would make you think they wouldn't help?)

3. I don't really know what I was doing in that picture. Something .. weird? Not sure.. lol.

My diet: Ill be honest. I eat cereal in the morning. Have like 2 Swiss Cakes rolls and 2 puddings for a snack. (OCD, I basically eat the same things daily with no variety.) I eat either Subway (BLT 12"), or Chicken tender value meals at Burger King, or McD's. At night I sit down and have healthy suppers with vegetables, bread, standard household suppers. Before bed I usually have a bowl of ice cream. I also take weight gainer once in the morning.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    check out the diet forum for sure. At that size it's not going to be hard to put on a little mass. You might be eating a lot, but you probably arent eating the right stuff at the right times. Post your diet up if you want some help.

damn well yeah, you're diet is def the problem.

My diet used to consist of soups for lunch at work. Usually Campbell's chicken noodle or what not. I went to a nutrionist and she told me that was a major problem and told me to eat a lot of calories... so I started buying anything that had the most calories to it.

chest6 is offline Banned
    read this..then head over to the diet forum

UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

I say no steroids because you have a lot of potential to grow naturally with a good routine and a good diet. Steroids are more for people that have reached their genetic maximum potential using these 2 things for years first.

lol beat me to it chest

Wow, that's a great post guys. I will def. check that out and give it a shot and keep you updated... I never said to myself, "Hey, I want to be huge..." I simply want to be average, so hopefully a good diet can do that for me.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Diet should consist of the following

Protein sources:
    lean meat
    chicken breasts
    tuna
    egg(whites)
    beans

carbs:
    sweet potatoes
    oats
    brown rice

fats
    oils
    natural peanut butter
    almonds
    cottage cheese

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Abenaki Blood
    Wow, that's a great post guys. I will def. check that out and give it a shot and keep you updated... I never said to myself, "Hey, I want to be huge..." I simply want to be average, so hopefully a good diet can do that for me.
    you will be surprised what a good diet and a good routine can do for you naturally.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Diet is everything.

You ain't givin' yourself a chance eating what you are now.

~SC~

Can I ask, why does it say egg whites? What is wrong with the yolk?

Nothing at all wrong w/the yolk IMHO.

I use them when cutting, and you are bulking so it really doesn't matter.

As long as you avoid huge slin spikes and eat healthy fats as well, you're all good.

~SC~

Thanks guys, really appreciate your time educating me, it's much appreciated.

omnipotent is offline Banned

My diet: Ill be honest. I eat cereal in the morning. Have like 2 Swiss Cakes rolls and 2 puddings for a snack. (OCD, I basically eat the same things daily with no variety.) I eat either Subway (BLT 12"), or Chicken tender value meals at Burger King, or McD's. At night I sit down and have healthy suppers with vegetables, bread, standard household suppers. Before bed I usually have a bowl of ice cream. I also take weight gainer once in the morning.
    Your nutritionist didnt do a good job , apparently she said eat alot of calories.. swiss cakes and chicken tenders are empty calories they only give you problems not to mention heart problems and kidney problems .. the doller menu is out of the question ..

eggs
    chicken
    beef
    pork
    turkey
    fish ( a must )
    oatmeal
    whole wheat bread
    pasta
    brown rice
    peanut butter
    milk
    nuts (almonds cashews peanuts pecans avacados)
    veggies
    fruit

and lots of water is a must as well ..

excersise 4 days a week , stay away from cardio , get a multi vitamin , sleep properly .. and change up your routine every 4-5 weeks to keep shockin your body you wouldent belive how fast the body can ajust .

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    OK this is whats broken... I also read somewhere about eating Campbells soups for lunch? Man you are on a weight loosing diet. BLT, rather light on the calaries, go for Chicken Teriaki 12 inch... highest protein and calarie count at Subway.... everything else there is not for someone wanting to gain weight. How about going to Wendy's... start eating doubles and work your way up to triples! Hard to eat? Their Big Bacon Classic is awesome when you ask to add a patty and make it a double! On the weight gainer shakes... try to use up a 25 lb tub once a month or faster... like do weight gainer shakes between meals... you will gain weight. Make sure you have big breakfast... drop that cereal crap, get eggs and bacon, high protein breakfast's.

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    This guy seems pretty cool.
    These guys are correcto-mundo! about dieting. Give your body what it needs to put on the mass. As im not a pro for dieting techniques, i do put flax in my shakes. And i like egg yolks. I also like walks on the beach, some flowers, food.. etc

Anyhoo you're in the right place for advice! These guys will not do you wrong
    Just be cautious if you get a PM or email from anyone trying to sell you roids. This goes for anyone on this board or elsewhere because they could possibly scam you.
    And welcome to the boards!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SnaX
    This guy seems pretty cool.
    These guys are correcto-mundo! about dieting. Give your body what it needs to put on the mass. As im not a pro for dieting techniques, i do put flax in my shakes. And i like egg yolks. I also like walks on the beach, some flowers, food.. etc

Anyhoo you're in the right place for advice! These guys will not do you wrong
    Just be cautious if you get a PM or email from anyone trying to sell you roids. This goes for anyone on this board or elsewhere because they could possibly scam you.
    And welcome to the boards!
    Ditto

Welcome man... and stick around

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    OK this is whats broken... I also read somewhere about eating Campbells soups for lunch? Man you are on a weight loosing diet. BLT, rather light on the calaries, go for Chicken Teriaki 12 inch... highest protein and calarie count at Subway.... everything else there is not for someone wanting to gain weight. How about going to Wendy's... start eating doubles and work your way up to triples! Hard to eat? Their Big Bacon Classic is awesome when you ask to add a patty and make it a double! On the weight gainer shakes... try to use up a 25 lb tub once a month or faster... like do weight gainer shakes between meals... you will gain weight. Make sure you have big breakfast... drop that cereal crap, get eggs and bacon, high protein breakfast's.
    i wouldent eat at wendys or have bacon or anything like that unless it was a cheat day .. stick to clean food .

I just went out and spent about $300 on food just for the diet so I will post my progress of my all-natural diet. Let's see if a new diet will do the trick!

Thanks for the info and motivation fellows!

U are what u eat homeboy!

~SC~

cmax is offline Associate Member
    If you want to put on weight, try eating lots of steak and baked potatoes.

Proteins:

Red Meat (BEEF) - this is key to gaining mass.
    Tuna
    Fish
    Chicken
    Eggs

Carbs:

Baked Potatoes - this is key to gaining mass.
    Rice (preferably brown due to lower hypoglycemic index)
    Oatmeal
    Barley

Fats:

Olive Oil (or Olives)
    Almonds
    peanut butter

Try a weight gainer protein like N2Large, but only have this shake once a day.

IMPORTANT: Try to eat at least 8 meals. Two hours apart. Chances are that you are not eating enough times a day to gain mass. You need to eat adequate calories spread out across the day.

Also, do not attempt to go from eating 2 or 3 meals a day to 8 meals a day over night. Gradually eat more meals, more frequently and move towards 8 meals a day over the course of several weeks.

Grudge Keeper is offline Associate Member
    all sounds like great advice only thing i can say is stay consistent with the eating and the training it dosent happen over night good luck with your goals

Well so far, not so good. I totally made the chicken breast taste like shit. I made it so dry that it was gross and I had to throw most of it away. Any tips on cooking breast?

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Well so far, not so good. I totally made the chicken breast taste like shit. I made it so dry that it was gross and I had to throw most of it away. Any tips on cooking breast?
    when you cook it in the skillet be sure to use a top to keep the moisture in...

I'll give that a shot, I also used heat level 6.. is that too hot?

Grudge Keeper is offline Associate Member
    i like to cook mine on the grill or bake them in the oven,also if i were you I would try to eat red meat at least 4 times a week

Those George Foreman grills work well too.

Cook chicken on medium heat, if the heat is too high then it will burn the outside before it has a chance to cook the inside.

If you cook the chicken for too long it will dry out and be nasty keep a knife around so you can cut it to check to see when its done.

Cooking takes experience - over time you will get better at it.

Here is a little sample of what I bought tonight... any other suggestions of products to buy?

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    did you get oats

bojan jebac is offline Junior Member
    i cook my chicken breast on george forman grill, for about 8-10min
    and its not bad to eat

good luck man,

Great selection of food...

I would also buy a couple bags of potatos, lean steaks, cans of almonds, and plain oatmeal tubes (low sugar).

Those boil in the bag brown rices are good, however Uncle Ben's makes a microwave brown rice that is much easier to fix in 90 seconds without the hassle of adding water.

Thing is, I can't stand oatmeal so I bought the instant breakfast in hopes that it would replaced the oatmeal? Not a good replacement? I didn't get potatoes, I will tomorrow. I hadn't thought of it. I did get some beef jerky, because it was high in protein.

What's the word on pasta? Ice cream?

Scrap the Carnation Instant breakfast crap. You don't want to use that in the morning for your most important meal of the day!!!

You need to eat high carbs in the morning (as well as high protein).

For breakfast...

Buy eggs in bulk (by 18 count cartons).
    Oatmeal (plain for low sugar - important!)
    Instant Grits
    Butter Spray (I can't believe it's not butter)
    Multigrain Waffles or Pancakes (check the fat and sugar content!)

By the way, here are a few more pictures. I want to post them so I can come back in a few months and hopefully notice the difference!

Back

Chest/Arms

Best way to eat the eggs? I did buy a dozen and a half tonight, didn't include them in the picture.

All looks good bro

try this for chicken

slice up chicken in little cubes .. get some parsley .. and garlic .. chop the garlic really fine .. and same for the parsley .. put a lil olive oil in pan .. take some flour .. dip the chicken cubes in the flour .. throw em on the pan .. stir em lightly till they get a bit of color .. then ... throw a lil bit of butter on em .. yes butter ..then throw the garlic and parsley in there .. stir it real well .. and just let it sit for a few min till it gets a nice color .. and walaa the chicken is done .. they you can make some mashed potatoes or veggiies to go wit that .. i prefer peas or mashed potatoes .

dude non of that beef jerky stuff .. thats all junk food stay away from that ...

as far as instant foods .. the only one i use is instant grits and instant oats with strawberry flavor for instants .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information