NubianBeauty is offline Female Member

Boyfriend's contest pics

This was only his second show, he did the same show last year. He got 5th Place last year and first place this year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boyfriend's contest pics-post-bbi-2.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boyfriend's contest pics-post-front-2.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boyfriend's contest pics-post-flat-2.jpg  

another
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boyfriend's contest pics-post-fbi-2.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boyfriend's contest pics-post-latspread-2.jpg  

last one. all constructive critism wanted, especially from Dr. Derek, primodonna, eye_candy, big kev... we basically know what his weaknesses are but can you shed somelight on some mass movements to build calves and hams. He is currently blasting the hell out of them, he has another comp in July.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boyfriend's contest pics-post-sidechest-2.jpg  

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    very impressive...way to come back and show them whos boss. If you don't mind..tell him I said congrats..

Is he a member here on AR...if not he should be...I am sure he has a lot to share

canadian_mofo is offline Associate Member

Smile

Well for Hams i get the best growth by hitting up my Deadlifts on back day and then hitting my SLDL's on leg day. Of course my squats balls to the floor develop my hams as well. As for calves I do them twice a week and find to get the best growth that way i do standing calf raises and seated 15 - 20 rep sets pyramiding up in weight beyond failure. Calves and hams can be a bitch though. But he's lookin good and thick once he figures out what works those hams and calves for him he's be unstopable

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Well he looks really good, calves look high, so gentic thing going to be hard to do a whole lot, i would suggest doing both high and low reps work for them see what outcome is. For hams he should pick a day other than leg day so he can really blast them, stiff leg deads, good morning(have help mine a lot). Also really really like leg curls, but lay on bench with dumbell between your feet and curl it with hams, sounds like would do same as using machine, but always makes my sore next day. His conditing, overall size looks really good, what are his stats?

Thanks guys Yeah his calves are up high ... his weigh in was 208 and he's 5'11''... a week before the show he was 226, right now he's @ 235. He's about 4 weeks out from his next comp.

BennettBoy is offline Junior Member
    On a positive, I like the way his chest and especially his abs look. I realize abs in large are determined by genetics as to how they appear, but he got some good luck of the draw in the abs dept. IMO.

Good luck in his next competition.

RATM is offline Senior Member
    he looks very good, especially only his second show. someone needs to work on his posing tho, that needs work, and can make him look even better.

Yeah posing needs work too, he is still a novice... can you suggest any posing videos? I saw a few in a magazine but I want some quality stuff.

superbeast is offline Member
    My buddy has a really good posing video but I can't remember the name right now. Just a suggestion though, on back poses tell him to spread his feet apart. They should be about shoulder width apart. It makes the hams look bigger and also the sweep on the quads.

He looks really good for only his second show!

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    His upper body is awesome, abs some of the best anywhere, you know the legs need a little size, so do what you need to do and bring home a first place trophy!

Rocket

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Very nice physique, front lat spread is fantastic. Killer back too. Tell him good job, and if this is only his 2nd show...can you imagine him when gets 3 or 4 deep? Sheesh...

primodonna is offline Female Member
    agree with e_c on the hams...different day than quads...i just became a convert of this 4 weeks ago and already can tell a difference after 4 workouts...

SLDL's are a must and the exercise e_c mentioned kicks your ass even though it sounds like what most people already do on the machine

as soon as i figure out the mystery of the calves, i will let you know

he has some lats (shows them ok on the front lat spread) but he can show them a lot better on his back dbl bi

tell him congrats on the first place
    Last edited by primodonna; 06-12-2002 at 11:55 PM.
    What happens here, stays here

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    What are you doing posting old pics of Ronnie Colman on here and clainming it's your boyfriend...just kidding, he looks absolutely great...great way to come back and kick some ass....Tell him Congrats from Me.....XXL

letmein is offline Associate Member
    Whats the deal with the black out on the posing trunks? Was he naked on stage?

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I dont know how long he has been training, but he has some very serious potential, I'm not shitting. Probably the most potentail that I've seen on this board, He's got good shape and his muscle bellies are round and full. I would like to know his back ground. Similiar body to a very young, but bigger flex wheeler. Flex didn't weigh 208 when he won the USA's, flex was lighter than that

He just needs to bring up his wheels and hes there, his upperbody will mature as he gets more years under his belt.

I suggest that if he does not deadlift (not stiff leg) Just Plain old deadlift, he should start. If he conducted this exercise just once a month within a year he is going to see some thickness in his upperbody and hams/glutes.

Split Quads and Hamstrings up. Train them on different days, also besides SLDL, have him try weighted glute/ham raises, they will kick his ass they are the best ham isolation exercise i have ever done.

calves are gentics but he can add mas by training them heavy and hard. He will never be able to replace where they attach.

Tell him to stick with, he will go along way.
    Last edited by Dr. Derek; 06-13-2002 at 07:57 PM.

wow congrates on the contest

Terinox is offline The One & Only

Very nice and very impressive!!! He's looking huge, and can get even HUGER!!!

JMD
    JMD is offline Associate Member

gregster is offline Junior Member
    looking good, but his calves need lots of work

Thread Information