Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ward065 is offline Member

Some new pics of me...please critique

i have some new pics recently taken.

I wanted to also give myself a mini critique, and see if you agree with this- a general "grade" for each of my muscle groups, in comparison to my body as a whole. I think my legs and chest are still my weaker bodyparts, with my arms and traps being my best...although i will say honestly that they were much worse awhile ago. Recently i have actually lightened up the weight on my bench press and have really been focusing on the stretch and contraction, getting as large a pump as possible. I think i have seen some results from this in the past couple months.

Arms...B+
    Chest...C
    Legs...C
    Back...B
    Traps...A-
    Abs...C (I could probably use a little bit of dieting, but not too much as i never allow myself to become a "pig")

I've gained a lot of mass in a relatively short period of time, and if anyone has some advice on fixing my stretch marks i would greatly appreciate it- they keep getting worse, lol.

i have been debating accutane for awhile now and i think i will finally ask my dr- we'll see how that goes, hopefully it will help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Some new pics of me...please critique-arm-05-06.jpg   Some new pics of me...please critique-back-dblbi-05-06.jpg   Some new pics of me...please critique-fr-legs-05-06.jpg   Some new pics of me...please critique-front-05-06-.jpg   Some new pics of me...please critique-front-dblbi-05-06-.jpg  

last pics, including my nasty stretch marks (the skin hurts in some of these areas ; it's nasty!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Some new pics of me...please critique-frontside-05-06-.jpg   Some new pics of me...please critique-stretch-mark-05-06-b.jpg   Some new pics of me...please critique-stretch-mark-05-06.jpg  

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    pretty nice build but you gotta do something about the acne.

What gear are you on?

Not sure about the stretch marks. I always drink a ton a water and have no stretch marks as of yet. You are bigger than me though so who knows.

you have a great body nice shape and you are lean!!!!!! just take care of the acne!!! have you got acne on your face aswell???? i took accutane a while ago!!!!!! what cycles do you do???????

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    pretty nice build but you gotta do something about the acne.

What gear are you on?

Not sure about the stretch marks. I always drink a ton a water and have no stretch marks as of yet. You are bigger than me though so who knows.
    yeah i drink a lot too, water does not have to do with it though. The reason they develop is literally when the muscles grow too quickly for the skin to fully support them. When you gain about 30lbs of muscle in a year, trust me you will get stretch marks.

I am on no gear now, but i have done a few cycles- finished one recently. It should say in some of my past posts. I am on GH now at 5 ius every other day- and i am actually liking it as i am sleeping better, have less soreness after extremely brutal workouts, and retain my gains better post cycle.

Do you guys agree that my chest is a little bit behind? Although it sounds counter-intuitive, i am benching no more than 320lbs now, although i have benched up to 365 recently- and on my bench press now i am going nice and slow on the way down and really stretching the muscle- something i could not do when the weight was that heavy. And as i said i think it has been actually helping my chest get fuller and bigger. And i am pretty sure i have seen progress in this respect since i lightened the load on my bench.
    Last edited by ward065; 05-09-2006 at 03:18 PM.

how much mgs of testostone did you take weekly while on cycle??????????

Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    That acne is terrifying!

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    Try some topical vitamin E oil or coco butter lotion on the stretch marks, also a bit of a tan will help mask them, nice build by the way

fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    nice build bro ,just get some acne meds and suntan and you will be fine ..what are your stats and previous cycles if you dont mind sharing ..

JR.SHRED is offline Associate Member
    got to take care of some other things before you think about getting your build better, you have to take care of the accutane your build is fine for now I have gained that much weight and didnt or dont have any stretch marks, seems to me you are not doing something right just my opinion no offense

Looking awesome, I would bring the abs up just because it looks like your are hard and vascular everywhere besides the stomach.

The acne is quite a problem though, have you tried using dishsoap in the shower? I used to get mild acne on my shoulders and back, but the dishsoap clears it up pretty quick. Also, I have to shower immediately after a workout before my pores close up, and the acne usually gets better or goes away completely by the next day or two.

Yet another thing for acne that I have noticed helps... Sun! A tan would make you look a hell of a lot more cut and bigger, but it also seems to dry my skin up (assuming you don't use oil or sunscreen).

king diamond is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    That acne is terrifying!
    lmao i was thinking the exact same words!! god bless u man cause if i had an outbreak like that i would freak out and would never take my shirt off ! no disrespect to u man i'm just super phobic about myself.....in other words i don't have the balls u do! u look great acne aside.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.SHRED
    got to take care of some other things before you think about getting your build better, you have to take care of the accutane your build is fine for now I have gained that much weight and didnt or dont have any stretch marks, seems to me you are not doing something right just my opinion no offense
    i'm not doing something right because of stretch marks? i am confused by this statement. If anything i think it means i have been making good progress, but it would be nice if i could get rid of them, along with acne...hell if i did that, and maybe got just a bit more cut, brought up my chest and legs some more i could probably be a fitness model!

I ran b-complex vitamins for several months (With pantheotic acid) and it did very little....supposedely it is supposed to help acne. I thought it would help but it hasn't. Acne pads helped a little, but not much.

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    looking good.try tanning bed, it should hide some of the acne.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    you will never get rid of the stretch marks, and unfortunately, they are some of the worst stretch marks ive ever seen. but, apply moisturiser, baby oil, or cocoa-butter like said above, it wont get rid of them, although it will prevent them from getting worse. as for the acne, which is pretty damn bad, accutane or a trip to a dermatologist would be my advice. as far as your physique goes, you look amazing, ripped to shreds and big. a tan would make you look soo much better, and will mask the acne and stretch marks alittle

Quote Originally Posted by arnold_of_malta
    how much mgs of testostone did you take weekly while on cycle??????????
    < or equal to 750mg. i was going to take more than that last time around but i decided not too- it was not necessary.

most results from trainiing do not come from cycle(s). The cycles really seem to serve me one purpose: To train more intensely than i could train. As a result, it means you have to train harder while on- as hard as you can! Also, make sure to have a good diet with at least 4-6 meals. You cannot drive the car without the gasoline.

I like to think of food as the regular unleaded gas for your car. Without it, you cannot go anywhere, period. And think of juice as the super-premium grade gasoline for your gar as you can drive and accelerate faster with it in your souped-up sports car than you could with regular gasoline....just a little analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    you will never get rid of the stretch marks, and unfortunately, they are some of the worst stretch marks ive ever seen. but, apply moisturiser, baby oil, or cocoa-butter like said above, it wont get rid of them, although it will prevent them from getting worse. as for the acne, which is pretty damn bad, accutane or a trip to a dermatologist would be my advice. as far as your physique goes, you look amazing, ripped to shreds and big. a tan would make you look soo much better, and will mask the acne and stretch marks alittle
    thanks for the compiments, but i do not feel like i'm ripped to shreds (yet!!) Hopefully the GH will help me get there, along with rice (or pasta with tomato sauce) for my carbs and chicken, tuna or steak for my protein- i'm going to be following a stricter diet, and will only be eating one dessert a day (as opposed to 2-3 as i have been having ).

i hope i can get rid of 'em. On one hand however i actually like them, as they are scars of war- reminders to me of intense, brutal, workouts that take you to the firery pits of hell

there is one more thing i wanted to say- to get big, you really have to be hungry to get big. So hungry, you nearly cry each time you see yourself, because you feel that your body is so small, so insufficent. You train as hard as you can each time you hit the gym, and eat your two cans of tuna not because it tastes good, because it is allowing you to get closer to your ultimate goals- even though they are light years away.

I know i'm not small though conciously, but in the back of my head, i do feel small and DEFINETELY inadequate, like there's so much work left to do. I probably sound obsessed and i admit it- but it is that drive, that constant hunger and indescrible desire i have that lets me blast my muscles to hell each time i am in the gym. Without that desire and feeling, which many probably call an obsession, a sympton of body image disorder,etc--i know none of this would be attainable. So in effect i am glad i have these unusual feelings as without them, i would not have enough motivation to go down this difficult path.

Are these feelings unhealthy? It depends on the individual i think.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    That acne is terrifying!
    bro u can take that shit somewere else...he asked for a critique on his physique not his acne...dont post stupid shit like this...but anyway u look great...muscle developement is awsome...like u said chest is a lil behind but keep doin what ur doin...i actaully am doin the same shit for chest...instead of just goin real heavy..i go a lil lighter and really consentrate on contraction and stretch...

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    bro u can take that shit somewere else...he asked for a critique on his physique not his acne...dont post stupid shit like this...but anyway u look great...muscle developement is awsome...like u said chest is a lil behind but keep doin what ur doin...i actaully am doin the same shit for chest...instead of just goin real heavy..i go a lil lighter and really consentrate on contraction and stretch...
    yeah...there was also a good article i read in MD a bit back by Branch Warren. He responded to a question about bench pressing and emphasized this. I also realized i used to be arching my back doing bench presses, which only took away the work my chest was supposed to do. He pointed that out too and when he did, i realized i was making this mistake a lot- i know it sounds strange, but i was not paying attention to this mistake i was making all the time, until recently.

The last point Branch made was that your entire body should be stable, with the exception of your arms pressing the weight- no back arching, no leg moving etc.

Branch made the point too that a big bench does not always equal a big chest, although i am sure this is something that not everyone realizes- feeling the muscle work is so important.
    Last edited by ward065; 05-09-2006 at 06:47 PM.

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    dang man that is some good work, strech marks are crazy

loooking chiseled bro, sick vascularity, great work

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    bro u can take that shit somewere else...he asked for a critique on his physique not his acne...dont post stupid shit like this...
    DITTO!

I commend your dedication and commitment to always look at yourself and push for more.
    Lookin good Brother!

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    i swear ur body looks exactly like my boy from back home...same size/structure/skin color is same exactly the same...weird...

2bshredded is offline Member
    Looking good Bro, keep up the good work....and yeah get rid of all those deserts, thier killing your stomach. I have the same problem!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bshredded
    Looking good Bro, keep up the good work....and yeah get rid of all those deserts, thier killing your stomach. I have the same problem!
    i do have a pretty fast metabolism, yeah i know getting rid of a few per day will help, keeping everything else pretty much the same- there goes 400 sugar/ crap calories right there.

I still don't pig out on food, you know what i mean by that so as a result it's very hard for me to get fat. I could probably lose 4-6 pounds of fat, and i think i'd look pretty shredded if i got down to 188-190.

i am not very fond of fried food though- whereas some people love it, it makes me feel sick. Especially KFC chicken, i'll be nauseated if i eat even one piece...that or mayonnaise, i just feel sick after eating it so i stay away- not really a diet thing, i just don't like it. I assume things like this help though in the long run with bodyfat since they are high in fat and calories.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I like the look.. a tan would improve the detail (maskiing the acne and stretch marks)

The chest is behind.. but only marginally.. as are the legs

Overall your build looks awesome

Narkissos

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    man that's some serious acne you got!!

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Man like Nark says, a tan would help the acne a lot. I think Accutane is an absolute must for you now. Awsome physique and mad props for the work you have put in !!!
    Last edited by Kale; 05-10-2006 at 02:37 AM.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays
    man that's some serious acne you got!!
    Are you guys idiots? Why even bother responding to the thread or better yet post up your pics and let us shit on them when all you simply asked for was a critique of your muscular development.. You think Ward doesn't see his acne everytime he looks in the mirror.. Opps he might've forgot, better remind him... ok the, STFU.. Great work Ward, props to you!

A critique or suggestion is one thing, but some of you guys are ridiculous. I've love to critique your pics sometime, it'd be fun.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

MrWrighty is offline New Member
    looking good bro

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    well done, credit to you

Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    i have some new pics recently taken.

I wanted to also give myself a mini critique, and see if you agree with this- a general "grade" for each of my muscle groups, in comparison to my body as a whole. I think my legs and chest are still my weaker bodyparts, with my arms and traps being my best...although i will say honestly that they were much worse awhile ago. Recently i have actually lightened up the weight on my bench press and have really been focusing on the stretch and contraction, getting as large a pump as possible. I think i have seen some results from this in the past couple months.

Arms...B+
    Chest...C
    Legs...C
    Back...B
    Traps...A-
    Abs...C (I could probably use a little bit of dieting, but not too much as i never allow myself to become a "pig")

I've gained a lot of mass in a relatively short period of time, and if anyone has some advice on fixing my stretch marks i would greatly appreciate it- they keep getting worse, lol.

i have been debating accutane for awhile now and i think i will finally ask my dr- we'll see how that goes, hopefully it will help!
    great work mate very nice just take care of the acne and you will be great!!!! from what country are you mate??????????????

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    don't go tanning when your stretch marks are still dark or they will never lighten up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    don't go tanning when your stretch marks are still dark or they will never lighten up.
    nark said that tanning would help stretch marks & acne; Why do you think tanning would be bad for stretch marks?

Also, although I must admit that I don't tan, the truth is my genetics and ancestry dictate that my skin is very fair (My parents have skin just as fair as I do). The problem here is that if I go in the sun, the only thing i really seem to get is a sunburn instead of a tan. Unfortunately, i don't need to be in the sun long either to get a red, itchy burn.

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    nark said that tanning would help stretch marks & acne; Why do you think tanning would be bad for stretch marks?

Also, although I must admit that I don't tan, the truth is my genetics and ancestry dictate that my skin is very fair (My parents have skin just as fair as I do). The problem here is that if I go in the sun, the only thing i really seem to get is a sunburn instead of a tan. Unfortunately, i don't need to be in the sun long either to get a red, itchy burn.
    well, tanning bed are set by time. So, start at 5 min and go up 2 min each time. in 1 month you will be dark as hell. and it should hide the acne. tan 2 every 10 days. good luck . your built is sick tho.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET

Ward, look into my MelanotanII thread.. it does wonders bro especially for ppl with our skin type.. PM me if you need more info.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

thx....i read your log, quite informative

i sent you a pm though, though i found the answer to the last question i asked about hitting the tanning bed as well

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    last pics, including my nasty stretch marks (the skin hurts in some of these areas ; it's nasty!)
    Use cocoa-butter. Not the lotion but the 100% stick or jar. Rub that on areas prone to stretch marks. Tanning will help hide them to.
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 05-10-2006 at 12:46 PM.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Traps look great, Arms/shoulders are great.. Abs need some work IMO just tighten them up a bit.. Hit those legs bro.. kill them.. work them until you can't walk.. You bring your legs up to the size of your upper body you will be a monster.

to those that shit on this bro about his Ance need to rethink your opinions. Acne sucks and some people are just prone to it cycle or no cycle.

Keep up the good work.. looking good and thick man!!

~Old

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information