noexcuses88 is offline Associate Member

There is no way I am 13.4% body fat

After trying to loose weight for 3 months, I successfully lost about 30 pounds. I mustered up all the courage to take a body fat test. I was hoping that I would be in the mid twenties but after the "trained expert" at my local gym took my body fat with a caliber, he said I was 13.4%. With the bioelectric one he got 17.8% I have seen pictures of people with that body fat and I hardly look like them. What do u guys think? It took a lot for me to post these pictures so please don't completely bash me.
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails There is no way I am 13.4% body fat-edit2.jpg   There is no way I am 13.4% body fat-edit3.jpg   There is no way I am 13.4% body fat-edit4.jpg   There is no way I am 13.4% body fat-edit6.jpg   There is no way I am 13.4% body fat-edit1.jpg  

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    yea 17.8 sounds a bit more like it. However keep up what you're doing cause under that 17% BF appears to be a good amount of lean mass.

You look almost exactly like my roomate who just got calipered at 18%, In fact I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't him.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    ^^look more like your in the 20's

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    i got measured at 7% and im at probably 13-14. some people just measure wrong i guess

yeah, I was more disappointed that my body fat was 13.7 b/c I was looking for a accurate measurement. I would take that measurement any day but I wanted a accurate one so that I would be able to work from there. What do u guys think my bf it at?

Quote Originally Posted by EcToMoRpHiAn
    You look almost exactly like my roomate who just got calipered at 18%, In fact I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't him.

Does he actually look like he is 18% or was that a mess up?

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    bro your pretty thick, you'll look good once you cut up. good luck to you bro! Go to a gym and have them use calipers (mm I think?)

Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    bro your pretty thick, you'll look good once you cut up. good luck to you bro! Go to a gym and have them use calipers (mm I think?)

Yeah man, I got one of the trainers to use the mm skinfold calibers on me and thats what I got. i am going to have wait till I go home for the summer to get a accurate messurement

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Calipers and bioelectric impedance machines are both notorious for being inaccurate. Underwater wei***ng is the most accurate, and large amounts of muscle mass can throw that off as well. Just go by the mirror.

Yeah.... me and the mirror haven't been friends for a while.

Jakspro is offline Member
    How tall are ya and what weight are you sitting at right now? I would venture a guess to say that your a bit higher than 18, but low 20's. Good luck with cutting, you'll be there before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakspro
    How tall are ya and what weight are you sitting at right now? I would venture a guess to say that your a bit higher than 18, but low 20's. Good luck with cutting, you'll be there before you know it.

I am 6'3" at 238

briancb1 is offline Member
    yea, they can be off. I was measured at 8.5% one day and 11.5% the next, different people have different readings. Honestly just keep up the good work.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakspro
    No way on the 13.4%, I believe the 17.5 or whatever more. I know, I started at 22% and when I was 13%, I had much more definition and "obliques" then you, you look more like I did when I was about 19% BF. I am currently around 9% and just way more cut and chisled, see veins, no cushiness, see muscle threads and fibers on unflexed muscle. I appreciate you lost a bunch of weight but are you trying to say you are less then 13.4% when you arent even close yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    No way on the 13.4%, I believe the 17.5 or whatever more. I know, I started at 22% and when I was 13%, I had much more definition and "obliques" then you, you look more like I did when I was about 19% BF. I am currently around 9% and just way more cut and chisled, see veins, no cushiness, see muscle threads and fibers on unflexed muscle. I appreciate you lost a bunch of weight but are you trying to say you are less then 13.4% when you arent even close yet?

I appreciate you trying to come in here and "help" me but, if you had read any of the info above, u would have been completely clear that I said that I thought I was at the low 20's high teens. I think you came in here looking for a fight... So sorry I am not going to give u one.
    Last edited by noexcuses88; 04-01-2007 at 10:07 PM.

You know... That is EXACTLY the stuff that makes people not want to post their pictures online. I dont think you read a single word I posted. Read before you post

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noexcuses88
    You know... That is EXACTLY the stuff that makes people not want to post their pictures online. I dont think you read a single word I posted. Read before you post
    Don't worry about that man some people just don't take the time to read the posts especially the first one . Anyway, take this as helpful criticism, I got a bodyfat testing yesterday and it was the hydro one where they put you under water so it is very accurate and mine came out to 13.5% and I look a lot more cut than your pictures and im not saying that in a showing off way but just letting you know that you are correct there is no way you are 13% more like 18-19. But hey, I'm trying to get to 5% like some of these other guys I've seen so I don't even consider myself cut at 13% not even close.

Kristofer68ss is offline Associate Member
    noexcuses, dont take it personal man.

Keep up that damn hard work and those calipers can go in the trash.

GOOD JOB!

noexcuses, dont take it personal man.

GOOD JOB!

noexcuses, dont take that shite personal, man.

GOOD JOB!

Thread Information