hunkunderconstruct is offline Junior Member

Post 20 Pounds Natural Gain in 3 and Half Months ...

Hello
    I had posted here last time thinking that I should get on juice ... but listening to the feedback that I got from board members I decided to stay clean till I hit 200lbs mark...

I was about 160 lbs in Jan 07 and by the end of April I was 185lbs ... by end of May I was 189.5lbs ... but then I lost weight and by the end of June I was 180 lbs ... I didnt go to gym during the month of June ... and started again as of now I am 181 lbs.
    added about 1 inch on each arm during that time ...
    Here are some before and after pics ...

the first two pictures of me at 163lbs at end of January 2007 ... and the rest three were as of 15th April 2007.
    I am 23 years old and stand at 6 feet 3and half inches.

I started losing weight when I started working out 1 muscle group once a week and I started going to the gym only once a week thinking that I would have enough recovery time ... but now I am thinking I should keep going 3 times a week which I was doing before ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20 Pounds Natural Gain in 3 and Half Months ...-dscf0604.jpg   20 Pounds Natural Gain in 3 and Half Months ...-dscf0587.jpg   20 Pounds Natural Gain in 3 and Half Months ...-dscf0804.jpg   20 Pounds Natural Gain in 3 and Half Months ...-edit.jpg   20 Pounds Natural Gain in 3 and Half Months ...-dscf0805.jpg  

cool man, good to see ur staying natural for now. keep at it! you should EASILY be able to hit 200lbs natural at 6'3". u should post up your diet and workout so we can help ya out with it.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    very wise choice staying natural bro, stick with it..you have definately put on some good weight...shoulders look like a strong point in your back double bi shot..you'll hit 200 no problem bro, i would shoot even higher. and yeah, post up your routine brotha!
    peace
    tank

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    good to see you progress naturally... keep at it...like the previous two bros said, you should be able to hit 200 easy... and u r right, stick to your 3-4 times a week regimen, you'll see better gains ... let us know your diet and exercise if you need any advice, either post it here or start a thread in the sppropriate forums

cheers

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Keep up the good hard work, it will pay off in the long run.

I am try to be constant with what I eat everyday ... as I also like to have variety in my life ...
    On day of working out ... I take in 3800 calories ... I consume about 180 grams of protein ... thru sources like shakes and chicken breasts or tuna or eggs or red kidney beans ...
    I used to eat lean ground beef before but I have stopped for a while since I just cant eat anymore after having it almost everyday ...
    My diet consumes white steamed rice almost everyday, some veggies like okra caul***ower green pepper green peas,
    I take multivitamin and multimineral pills everyday ...
    I used to take in creatine but now I have stopped since I was making no gains when I was on it during the end of May ...
    On an off day I try to consume 3600 calories ... again consuming the same sources of protein and making it 160 grams of protein intake during an off.
    I sleep for 9 hours on the night when i workout and even for next two days ...

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Great progress man, really.
    I would bump the protein intake up a bit, and try to get more from chicken, tuna, etc. and less from shakes, whole food is the way to go.
    Keep up the good work!

Workout Routine

BACK
    Pull – Ups: 60 pounds + bar (9 reps, 2 sets), 70 pounds + bar (6 reps, 2 sets)
    Bent over Db Rows: 55 pounds (10 reps, 4 sets)
    Seated rows : 120 pounds (7 reps, 3 sets)
    Widest grip Lats : 135 pounds (9 reps, 3 sets)

CHEST
    Bench Press – 45 Pound plate + bar (6 reps, 3 sets), 35 pound plate + bar (10 reps, 2 sets)
    Lever Pec Deck Fly – 105 pounds (4 sets, 3 sets)
    Incline Dumbbell Press – 40 pounds (6 sets, 3 sets)

TRICEPS
    Barbell Triceps Extension – 60 pounds + EZ bar (9 reps, 4 sets)
    Dumbbell Triceps Extension – 40 pounds both arms used (3 sets)
    Triceps Cable Pushdown(one arm) – 20 pounds (2 sets)

BICEPS
    Concentration Curls – 35 pounds (7 reps, 3 sets)
    Alternate Dumbbell Curls – 35 pounds (9 reps, 2 sets ), 40 pounds (5 reps, 2 sets)

SHOULDERS
    Cable One Arm Lateral Raise – 20 pounds (3 sets)
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press – 30 pounds (3 sets)
    Lateral Raise – 25 pounds dumbbells each arm (2 sets)
    Lying Dumbbell Delt Row – 30 pounds( 2 sets)

LEGS
    Leg Curl – 150 pounds (10 reps), 160 pounds(7 reps)
    Leg Extension – 210 pounds (11 reps), 240 pounds (11 reps), 265 pounds (11 reps)
    Lever Leg 45D Press – 300 pounds (9 reps)

Forearms
    Preacher Hammer Curl – 30 pounds + EZ bar

Quote Originally Posted by ImaGetBigger
    Great progress man, really.
    I would bump the protein intake up a bit, and try to get more from chicken, tuna, etc. and less from shakes, whole food is the way to go.
    Keep up the good work!

ya I get about 150 grams of protein from shakes alone and 30 grams from rest ... thanks for the suggestion I shall try it do it the other way around ...

calories look at about the right number. definitely up the protein, try to aim for 250g/day. looking at your workout routine, i would personally lower the weight a little bit and go for a pyramid of weight. work up in the amount of weight and down in the number of reps per set 12,10,8,8 or something like that. also looks like u could do a few more sets for your big muscle groups. i wouldn't about overtraining as long as you are in the gym for no longer than 45min-1 hour. definitely go back to 3-4 times/week and figure out a good split that you like.

Quote Originally Posted by pgilligan10
    calories look at about the right number. definitely up the protein, try to aim for 250g/day. looking at your workout routine, i would personally lower the weight a little bit and go for a pyramid of weight. work up in the amount of weight and down in the number of reps per set 12,10,8,8 or something like that. also looks like u could do a few more sets for your big muscle groups. i wouldn't about overtraining as long as you are in the gym for no longer than 45min-1 hour. definitely go back to 3-4 times/week and figure out a good split that you like.

thanks pgillian ...
    i do about 12 - 15 sets for the big muscles ... back , chest and legs ...
    and about 6 - 8 sets for smaller ones ...
    and i also do follow the pyramid thing which you pointed out ...
    so i guess the major point to be noted is the amount of protein intake ... and go to gym 3-4 times a week.
    I workout for 1 hour ... but i dont do any cardio ... except for running for the bus in the morning ...

muscle_20 is offline Member
    A few too many sets IMO just go heavy and get out most important is the food mate.
    Keep the good work up.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by hunkunderconstruct
    I decided to stay clean till I hit 200lbs mark..
    hey bro, looking good.....Congeats on making a decision you will not regret.

thanks to all fellow mates who replied back to me ... inspires me more to keep on going with my goal ... bcuz there was a time when i started thinking negative ... when I started losing weight i had gained ...
    I jus came back from the gym and feel great after eating all real food instead of just shakes ...

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    your shoulders seem much more developed than the rest of you. nice improvements tho dude

Quote Originally Posted by number twelve
    your shoulders seem much more developed than the rest of you. nice improvements tho dude

thanks for the comment...
    yup i really wanted to emphasize on my shoulders ... i remember on my last thread i said that my weak points were shoulders, chest, triceps, legs and forearms...
    out of these muscle groups ... i really seen improvements in my shoulders, legs and chest ... tho i didnt post a picture of my legs ... since i dont have a recent picture of the same ...

triceps seem to be hardest to develop for some reason ...
    i have also noticed that my body is better in PULLING movements than in PUSHING movements...

I jus got an old picture of my wheels when i started to compare with the ones after my gains ... the first one is when i was 167 lbs ... and the next 4 are when i was 182 lbs ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20 Pounds Natural Gain in 3 and Half Months ...-dscf0654.jpg   20 Pounds Natural Gain in 3 and Half Months ...-dscf0913.jpg   20 Pounds Natural Gain in 3 and Half Months ...-dscf0914.jpg   20 Pounds Natural Gain in 3 and Half Months ...-dscf0915.jpg   20 Pounds Natural Gain in 3 and Half Months ...-dscf0917.jpg  

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    squats on leg day and deadlifts on back day

eacman65 is offline Member
    hey good work man keep it up, just remember eat eat eat

Quote Originally Posted by eacman65
    hey good work man keep it up, just remember eat eat eat
    indeed jus gonna eat ... thanks for the comment ...

customworksking is offline Associate Member
    try the Iron Man "HIT"

Quote Originally Posted by customworksking
    try the Iron Man "HIT"
    r u referrin to the movie ?

bigmike8585 is offline Junior Member
    keep it up...your on the right track for sure!

Just wanted to post some progress pictures here after one month ...
    I m now 190 pounds ... at 14 % body fat...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20 Pounds Natural Gain in 3 and Half Months ...-chest.jpg   20 Pounds Natural Gain in 3 and Half Months ...-back.jpg  
    Last edited by hunkunderconstruct; 10-02-2007 at 08:21 PM.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Need more protein... try posting your diet in the diet forum for critique.

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Need more protein... try posting your diet in the diet forum for critique.
    indeed i realized my protein was low ... i used to take in 180 gms ... now i have upped it to 210 gms ed ... and my diet is posted above in the thread

jsieber is offline New Member
    boy i wish i could gain weight like that. but my diet is bad. i have tried all kinds of supplements, different kinds of protien. i cant seem to keep it in. i take the protien and it leaves just as fast.

jsieber is offline New Member
    hey dude great job.

the best change occured for me was the development of my upper chest in between this period ... and the widening of my lats ... and growin of my forearms ...

Quote Originally Posted by jsieber
    hey dude great job.
    thanks for the comments ...
    lookin forward to break the 200 pounds mark soon ... hopefully by the end of this year

tdesignednet is offline New Member
    Keep it up bro

brianfantana is offline Junior Member
    Good progress, give it time you'll be hulking

Quote Originally Posted by brianfantana View Post
    Good progress, give it time you'll be hulking
    thanks fellas for the support ... today i hit 198 pounds ... feels good ... i wud post pics when i hit 200 lbs finally .......................... and that wud be before the year ends ...

torontodude is offline Member
    Thats amazing bro, natural is the best way to go, nice clean weight and easy to keep, keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    hey bro. i was in the same exact spot. im 23. started lifting at 21. Im the same height (6foot3) and started at the same weight. about 160lbs. i am now up to 205lbs all natural. its tough but worth it when i meet old friends and family who cant get over how much bigger and healthier i look. if you need any help... i can give you a run down of my diet and workout regimen that helped me get to 205, so just shoot me a PM. Good Luck Man and keep at it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by torontodude View Post
    Thats amazing bro, natural is the best way to go, nice clean weight and easy to keep, keep up the good work and keep us posted.
    thanks torontoian for the kind words ...

Thread Information