luxur is offline Junior Member

28 days into my diet/resistance training

I wanted to use this forum to keep a log of my progess, but since i had started the thread in the gear Qs im starting it again here.
    Im 35, 6,1 and no gear exprerience.

Week1: 297
    Week2: 288
    Week3: 287
    Week4: 287
    Week5: 286

Im begining to realize im not 25 anymore, for serious weight loss ill have to put cardio in my training routine (which i never had to do before with diet). But im seeing good muscle gains at such an early stage of my training: ive been doing full body work outs for the first 3 week, now im doing:

Monday:Chest/biceps

Wednesday:Back/triceps

Friday:Legs/shoulders

Im starting power lifting techniques tuedays, so i can improve my football explosion (i still play senior ball)

Heres the original thread, with the diet thread i posted when i first joined here:

Sooooo out of shape...need help

Diet: I think i dont eat enough

Below are the pics week 1 and week 5, i dont like the side pic because i dont how much i was sticking my gut out the first time. Also i got tanned and trimmed, but i wasnt to keep all this hair just for comparison sake :-)

Any comments welcome, althou i dont expect any, im using this a journal, which i wouldnt do if i had to use pen and paper
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 28 days into my diet/resistance training-march-3rd-2008-front.jpg   28 days into my diet/resistance training-march-3rd-2008-side.jpg   28 days into my diet/resistance training-march-31st-2008-front.jpg   28 days into my diet/resistance training-march-31st-2008-side.jpg   28 days into my diet/resistance training-march-31st-2008-2.jpg  

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    definitely see substantial progress! your weight loss is coming along nicely! keep at it bro, keep at it!!!

cheers

Week 7 i got hit with a major pneumonia, hospitalized for a day
    Week 8 no training and cheating on the diet most every day (real weak i know)
    Week 9 282lbs back in the gym

Now i tweaked my work out because at the end of the day i always skipped muscle groups or set, i was beat and work out was too long.

Day 1 Chest/Biceps
    Day 2 Back/Lower back/Trapeze
    Day 3 Legs/Calfs
    Day 4 Shoulder/triceps

Supplementing with Glutamine 10g/day, R-ALA 400mg/day, Flax oil caps 9g/day some BCAA and Multivitamins.

I findind it hard to eat as much as i would want. I rarely get my six meals a day. Time is a factor, and im busy so i dont really get all that hungry during the day.

whiskey15 is offline Associate Member
    Keep up the good work, discipline is the key! Make sure you are hitting that cardio hard every day

ilovesus is offline Member
    Lookin good bro stick to it!

torontodude is offline Member
    You've made some great progress bud, keep it up!

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Subscribed

cam89 is offline Junior Member
    Subscribed as well, good luck on the journey my friend

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    nice job man, your hard work is definately paying off. you look like you have good structure underneath as well, i think you might just become an animal man! good luck with your diet, keep doing what you're doin its definately working.
    peace
    tank

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    good work. keep it up and who knows how far your results may go!

Im having real problems sticking to my diet on the days im not working out. And no way in hell im gonna go to the gym only to do cardio (I started doing 30 mins of low intensity cardio 3 times a week since week 12) so i split my routine diffrently (AGAIN)
    DAY 1 Chest/Cardio
    DAY 2 Back/Cardio
    DAY 3 Legs (no cardio, my legs hurt for 5 days when i did both)
    DAY 4 Shoulders/cardio

I always end up skipping biceps/triceps

Looking into clen or ECA now. I may wait until i hit 260 for either since i now do cardio.

So here it is:

WEEK 13 weight 276

After 2 weeks of cheating on my diet WAY too much (for diffrent unacceptable reasons) im serious about cheating once a week for the next 3 weeks.

I also shortened my pause between sets to 45 secs for the next 3 weeks. I use a chronometer to make sure i keep the same intensity every work out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 28 days into my diet/resistance training-gemeaux-et-terrain-lac-mondor-031.jpg   28 days into my diet/resistance training-gemeaux-et-terrain-lac-mondor-.jpg   28 days into my diet/resistance training-gemeaux-et-terrain-lac-mondor-0301.jpg  
    Last edited by luxur; 05-28-2008 at 09:33 AM.

FrankieJJ23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luxur View Post
    Im having real problems sticking to my diet on the days im not working out. And no way in hell im gonna go to the gym only to do cardio (I started doing 30 mins of low intensity cardio 3 times a week since week 12) so i split my routine diffrently (AGAIN)
    DAY 1 Chest/Cardio
    DAY 2 Back/Cardio
    DAY 3 Legs (no cardio, my legs hurt for 5 days when i did both)
    DAY 4 Shoulders/cardio

I always end up skipping biceps/triceps

Looking into clen or ECA now. I may wait until i hit 260 for either since i now do cardio.

So here it is:

WEEK 13 weight 276

After 2 weeks of cheating on my diet WAY too much (for diffrent unacceptable reasons) im serious about cheating once a week for the next 3 weeks.

I also shortened my pause between sets to 45 secs for the next 3 weeks. I use a chronometer to make sure i keep the same intensity every work out.
    don't even contemplate the cheating days and etc.. if you cheat its going to happen, don't plan out what days your going to cheat because you will give yourself way to much slack and more reasons to. Trust me when i speak from experience its a set-up. Just stick to your diet and have self-control because it will hinder your gains in the end. Also clen is pretty good stuff but your diet needs to be in check along with not being shy with cardio, i do 30mins intense cardio 5x a week, its all about the results YOU want.

FrankieJJ23 is offline Banned
    and hell you look a lot younger in the later pics...

I want to make sure i keep those calory burning muscles.

Yeah i shaved the beard for the summer. Make me look younger than 35.

Growing it was a business decision because i work with alot of older guys that dont really thrust young bums like me kinda gave me wiser look

power_of_youth is offline New Member
    Your diet is working so Keep it up!

WEEK 14: 274lbs

Nothing special.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Looking a lot better in the later pics, congrats !

Keep making progress like this and ill give you my phone number soon

Unlike all the guys with cellphone pic of themselves thru the mirror, i have a girlfriend But thanks, i was trying to get the biggest contrast possible in a short time. Some guy even asked if i had a brother until he realized he was talking about me lol!!

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I could see alot of progess already bro. Keep up the good work going.

SkippyP is offline New Member
    awesome progress mate!

any reason your only sticking to low intensity cardio 3x a week?

Low intensity to prevent catabolism. I have a good base to work with i dont want to lose any muscle for the sake of fat loss right now. When im closer to my BF goal then ill go all out on diet and cardio. As far as 3 times a week, well sadly thats how often i get my fat butt in the gym, and i dont do cardio on legs day. Bottom line i lack the disciple to get there 5 times a week like i should and do cardio 4 times or even 5.

noexcuses88 is offline Associate Member
    Low intensity to prevent catabolism. I have a good base to work with i dont want to lose any muscle for the sake of fat loss right now. When im closer to my BF goal then ill go all out on diet and cardio. As far as 3 times a week, well sadly thats how often i get my fat butt in the gym, and i dont do cardio on legs day. Bottom line i lack the disciple to get there 5 times a week like i should and do cardio 4 times or even 5.
    you should never ever cut out cardio and diet from ur daily regiment. Scale back for to at lease 4x a week but never stop it. Your diet must be a way of life for now on or else you will platue quickly.

WEEK 15: 272 lbs

Found Clen , may start it in a month or so.

pampama is offline New Member
    Hi you don't look like a 35 year old anymore.

NewJuice is offline Associate Member
    Im not sure clen is the answer. Just kill cardio. 8hrs a week of cardio strips the fat off anyone. you have plenty of time to build lean mass, you focus on cardio and drop that weight you will feel like a new man. great job thus far. also good job

WEEK 16: 274lbs
    WEEK 17: 275lbs

Diet disaster: either i dont eat all day or i eat junk over and over. I also skipped a few cardio sessions.

My girlfriend works every day for the next 2 weeks, this should really help my daily routine. Well see after WEEK 19.

RoadToRecovery is offline Senior Member
    WEEK 16: 274lbs
    WEEK 17: 275lbs

Diet disaster: either i dont eat all day or i eat junk over and over. I also skipped a few cardio sessions.

My girlfriend works every day for the next 2 weeks, this should really help my daily routine. Well see after WEEK 19.
    Pack food... get yourself a little cooler, and pack it with goodies... Fruits and veggies, granola and protein bars... what ever it is to keep you from screwin up.

Thread Information