Thread: Please help

marty6674 is offline Junior Member

Please help

ok so it took alot for me to put this up so lets hear the critisism im 33 yr old lost about 50lbs and as you can tell alot more to go. I have read the dieting blog the lifting blogs its alot to take in all at once just really need to be put in the right direction. How much to eat? when to eat? how much cardio? how much lifting? whats the best program to follow? is clen and t3 a good idea for me right now? any help be great thanks guy oh ya and if it matters im 6'2 240lbs dont know bf% just know its alot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please help-fat-pics-003.jpg  

FirstTimeRage is offline Associate Member
    t3 maybe,

im worried about clen and blood pressure.

definatly no roids right now.

no def no gear im wayyyy to fat. how much cardio and lifitng would someone recommened like i said im at 240-245lbs right now what do i need to get down to i lost 50-60lbs and still look like CRAP anyone here lost a HUGE amount of weight what diet or workout plan did they follow

Thought the help would be pouring in after posting this horrible pic lol

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    UNoffical "How to Cut" thread and sample diet...
    this is the "how to cut" diet formula used in the diet section.

below is how to find the your maintenance calorie intake you need per day. To lose weight start by cutting 300-500 calories from your maintenance total per day.
    i'm not a diet expert so any more specific questions will have to be answered by the pro's but this is what you need to know as a beginner....the how to cut section and how to calculate your bmr and calorie intake needs

Harris Benedict Formula for Calorie Calculations
    “The Harris Benedict equation is a calorie formula using the variables of height, weight, age, and gender to calculate basal metabolic rate (BMR). This is more accurate than calculating calorie needs based on total body weight alone. The only factor it omits is lean body mass and thus the ratio of muscle-to-fat a body has. Remember, leaner bodies need more calories than less leaner ones. Therefore, this equation will be very accurate in all but the very muscular (Harris-Benedict will under-estimate calorie needs) and the very fat (Harris-Benedict will over-estimate calorie needs).”

That being said, there are is no concrete number of daily calorie intake your body needs, however using this formula will give you can idea of what you do need.

Harris Benedict Formula for Men
    BMR = 66 + (13.7 X weight in kilos) + (5 X height in cm) - (6.8 X age in years)

Notes:
    1 inch = 2.54 cm.
    1 kilogram = 2.2 lbs.

Example of BMR
    You are 25 years old
    You are 6 feet tall
    Your weight is 220 pounds
    Your BMR is 66 + (1370) + (914) - (170) = 2180 calories

Harris Benedict Formula for Men - STEP 2
    To determine your total daily calorie needs, now multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are Sedentary - little or no exercise
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.2
    - If you are Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.375
    - If you are Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.55
    - If you are Very Active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/week)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.725
    - If you are Extra Active (very hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training)
    Calorie-Calculation = BMR X 1.9

Total Calorie Needs Example
    If you are lightly active, multiply your BMR (2180) by 1.375 = 2997
    Your total daily calorie requirement is therefore 2997 calories.
    This is the total number of calories you need in order to MAINTAIN your current weight.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    and remember...you've taken the first step and asked for help and started trying to better yourself. No one here will give you sh*t about the way you look because you are here wanting to learn and better yourself and thats what its all about.....good luck to you

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Stay away from the T3 and Clen , at your BF level you have a very long way to go but it is nothing smart eating,cardio and TIME cant fix. I would hit everybody part once a week and aim for 30-45 minutes of low intensity cardio everyday.

i do about a half hour 45 min a day on the efx machine so just keep doing that hit each body part once a week and eat high protien?

and how often should i post my pic to see prgress once a month? people have asked what my bf% is would you say 30% lol

does anyone mind writing my up a good diet that be a HUGE help and please dont just give me the diet thread i read it and still get confused very slow learner hear but if i have it in front of me i will stick to it

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Stay away from those chemicals as well as bad food.. Your diet and exercise program can get you down to where you want to be.

NewJuice is offline Associate Member
    Good job... reaching out was the first step. Im sure it was not easy posting that picture. Just read read read,,, All the info you need is here. Hit that cardio as soon as you roll out of bed, 45 minutes of intence cardio will melt the fat away so fast you wont belive it. Then eat right LEAN meats, GREEN carbs MARINEfish... you eat like that you will be where you want to be

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    you need to do some research and post up a diet for us to critique. it will take some time, but it will be good for you to learn whats out there. I will give you some book ideas though to maybe help you in the meantime. You might be able to find them on bit torrents, but you should buy them if you like them.

One is by Bill Phillips called "Body for Life." The other one has a silly name, but has a lot of useful information and I highly recommend it for a beginner. It is called "The Truth About Six Pack Abs." Please check them out. It will get you started in the right direction and answer 90% of your questions.

i have the BFL book by bill phillips thats how i lost the 50lbs i was just wondering if i should add more protien to my diet ive her 1 gram per body weight is that what i should do?

yeah def took alot to put that pic up but it had to be done seems like most peoples pics on here of them all in shape figure id mix it up a little lol plus my downfall may make some feel better bout themselves its all bout making changes

bodybldr is offline New Member
    cheering you on...you'll get there...there's really no magic formula besides diet and exercise, consistency and time

Thumbs up

thansk everyone for the help ive only been on this site for about a month or so and i have to say everyone is very respectful and full of class if i had posted that pic on another site who knows the words that would come out thanks again will def keep you guys updated

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marty6674 View Post
    does anyone mind writing my up a good diet that be a HUGE help and please dont just give me the diet thread i read it and still get confused very slow learner hear but if i have it in front of me i will stick to it

Bro, part of the journey is hard work, and that comes not only in the form of exercise, and watching what you put in your mouth, but also in educating yourself. Do yourself a favor and read as much as you can in the diet section. Then if you have specific questions, you can ask them.

Once you equip yourself with the nutritional knowledge, you are set to go, and should your goals change at some point, say, from simple weight loss to building muscle, or even getting fit and strong sport specific, you will have the knowledge to do so.

Learning about the nutrition also allows you to be in control, and empowers you. Don't tell yourself you're a slow learner. You figured out how to post on this board, and I figure if you can do that, you can learn about nutrition.

Start with the basics, learn about protein, carbohydrates, and fats. Once you understand that, just build on it.

You can do it, don't be mentally lazy. It's a form of self-sabotage, in my opinion.

Props for posting the pic, and keep at it, you'll do great. Now get to the Diet section and read.

merciless83 is offline Junior Member
    Good luck loosing it brother i can personally tell you from experience its not hard as long as you have dedication and determination to do it. As previously stated diet and cardio are extremely important. I used to sit down and my man boobs would touch my stomach now I'm a couple of months away from a six pack work hard and don't let anything get in your way GOOD LUCK.

Thread Information