isotope9000 is offline New Member

True ectomorph, help!

Been a long time loiterer, first time poster here and hoping to get some good advice, just getting started concentrating on my body again. I've always been tall and extremely skinny. I'm 6'1 and currently about 140 pounds. Have all the blessings of a true ectomorph; skinny wrists, thin shoulders, long arms, etc.

The first picture is me about 3 years ago, age 21 or so and weighing in around 120 lbs. Hard to look at. Since then I've managed to put on a little weight, get discouraged and then lose most of it again a few times. The second picture is me around May this year, age 24 after about 10 weeks of lifting and stuffing myself. Was up to about 155 lbs.

Anyway, never taken steroids , long way away from that. Worked with a trainer for a while a couple years back a little while who put me on superdrol, which put 15 pounds on me in about 3 weeks, actually held on to most of that. Had I known how powerful that stuff was, or what it was for that matter I probably wouldn't have done that either though. Worked wonders, but I wonder if it's slowed my progress since.

I try to eat 4,000 calories a day when I'm on schedule, though I probably average around 3,500. 200-300g protein. My normal weight gain diet looks something like this. Would love any feedback.

Meal 1
    Blended shake 1 cup oats, 2 cups milk, 2 scoops protein powder, 2 eggs, 1 banana

Meal 2
    N-Large shake

Meal 3
    2 cups brown rice
    chicken breast
    1 cup broccoli or green beans

Meal 4
    N- Large Shake

Workout

Meal 5
    N-Large Shake
    1 tbs udos oil

Meal 6
    Usually steak or ground beef or chicken breast
    1 cup green beans
    baked potato

I know it's not a perfect diet, and there's a lot of shakes in there but I have an extremely difficult time getting 6 solid meals in per day. Even after 4 or 5 weeks on diet I am forcing each meal down, so the shakes really help get the protein and calories I need. Really it seems any time I'm not in the process of putting food down, I'm losing weight.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails True ectomorph, help!-120.jpg   True ectomorph, help!-imgp2045.jpg  

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    you say your forcing them down? so are you full all the time and cant eat food?

isotope9000 is offline New Member
    Not sure full would be the word, more like just not particularly hungry.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Quote Originally Posted by isotope9000 View Post

I try to eat 4,000 calories a day when I'm on schedule, though I probably average around 3,500. 200-300g protein. My normal weight gain diet looks something like this. Would love any feedback.

Meal 1
    Blended shake 1 cup oats, 2 cups milk, 2 scoops protein powder, 2 eggs, 1 banana

(NO GOOD! Drop it all.
    8egg whites
    80G's of Oats
    4oz of mixed fruit)

Meal 2
    N-Large shake
    (6 oz chicken
    7.5 oz cooked sweet potato)

Meal 3
    2 cups brown rice
    chicken breast
    1 cup broccoli or green beans

(6 oz chicken, turkey or beef
    175 grams cooked barley. 4 oz of cooked brn rice.)

Meal 4
    N- Large Shake
    (6 oz chicken, turkey or beef
    175 grams cooked lentils

Include PWO shake. Try isopure.)

Workout

Meal 5
    N-Large Shake
    1 tbs udos oil

(Nope. You need food Post-work out.

6 oz chicken
    6 oz cooked brn rice
    4 oz of mixed veggies)

Meal 6
    Usually steak or ground beef or chicken breast
    1 cup green beans
    baked potato

(You need complex carbs.
    6 oz beef or chicken
    7.5 oz of Sweet Potato
    4oz of mixed veggies.
    300 grams strawberries/blueberries
    6oz of green Salad with 1 tablespoon olive oil)

Before bed:
    3oz of Low Fat cottage cheese.

I know it's not a perfect diet, and there's a lot of shakes in there but I have an extremely difficult time getting 6 solid meals in per day. Even after 4 or 5 weeks on diet I am forcing each meal down, so the shakes really help get the protein and calories I need. Really it seems any time I'm not in the process of putting food down, I'm losing weight.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions.
    Answers in BOLD.

Try NOT gaining on that diet... Roughly adds up to 380G's of protein. 400G's of Carbs. and less than 100G's of Fats. Its also about 4200 cals.

That should absolutly be the answer to your issues...

I hope it helps!

Also check out the training section, as im sure it could use some help as well.

Workout Section
    http://forums.steroid.com/workout-training/

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Most people don't agree with this but straight forward brother. Eat junk food MINIMUM 3-4 times/week.
    Yes junk food..wanna gain weight? Then eat pizza, burgers, burritos.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays View Post
    Most people don't agree with this but straight forward brother. Eat junk food MINIMUM 3-4 times/week.
    Yes junk food..wanna gain weight? Then eat pizza, burgers, burritos.
    I completely agree. It's an "untold truth". At your weight, you just need calories, and A LOT of it.

TheJuicer is offline Member
    He just needs real food...his almost whole diet is shakes...

lozza89 is offline Junior Member
    stop slamming shakes down, start eating whole foods , feel free to eat junk food but try keep it to pizzas hamburgers etc rather than sugar filled food. oh and at your weight you could probably get away with 200g protein a day personally i think 400g would be exessive for somebody your weight whilst bulking and natty, good luck

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    id add in a middle of the nite protein/fat drink

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    400g is excessive for where are you right now but i agree with the others, eat everything.

DeputyLoneWolf is offline Associate Member
    Burger King and Double Whoppers are your friend, embrace them often.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont think your eating enough foods. get rid of one of those shakes and add a big meal...also.. try increasing your complex carbs to 800-900 grams per day and lower your protein to 1-1.5g protein per lb of bodyweight.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    i dont think your eating enough foods. get rid of one of those shakes and add a big meal...also.. try increasing your complex carbs to 800-900 grams per day and lower your protein to 1-1.5g protein per lb of bodyweight.
    Eat 5k -kcal a day ! You'll probably have to work your way up slowly though. When I started bulking I couldn't all of a sudden consume 3500 cals, even broken up in 6-8 meals. After the first few weeks, when you put on some lbs, and your metabolism increases, just start slowly increasing your Kcal count more and more. Do this for like 6 months straight. Lift heavy and don't do cardio, and I guarantee you'll put on some weight.

binder is offline Member
    Get rid of those crappy shakes. They are crap. You shouldn't need but 1 supplemental (notice how they are protein SUPPLEMENTS and not protein replacements?) a day.

Eat more meat for protein and more real food. You should have 6 SOLID meals a day. Don't go all junk like they say. You need wholesome nutrition. You also need vegetables for the micronutrients that fuel your metabolic processes.

You only had 2 actual meals of food in there. They were actually decent meals, now drop all the rest of that garbage and put 4 more meals like the ones you have and you'll be good. Also eat a lot of good carbohydrates. Potatoes, brown rice, pasta. That will all be good for you and put weight on.

jim37 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    i was a shake aholic and i decided this cycle to actually only have a postworkout shake and i have seen a huge difference in growth and strength and just feeling better. usually a cycle would add 10-15 pounds and i am half way in this one and at 9 pounds. this cycle i feel is weeker because using sust. vs. test. cyp. so Eat dont drink>

Darksid3 is offline New Member
    Definite improvement in your pictures, nice work

Thread Information