Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JRTURNER is offline New Member

Slingshot Training System-creator Ronnie Rowland

Watch this video of Ronnie Rowland- He is the creator of The Slingshot Training System-the next generation in fitness training and someone that I am proud to call friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RElhqGgnaMU

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Thanks for link.

kickinit is offline Member
    What does this have to do with member pictures?

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kickinit View Post

Please explain your comment...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JRTURNER View Post
    Watch this video of Ronnie Rowland- He is the creator of The Slingshot Training System-the next generation in fitness training and someone that I am proud to call friend.

Thanks my friend...When you get that new video recorder for Christmas Hollywood may be calling your name...

sinny is offline Junior Member
    looking great there ronnie,you helped me with slingshot via email around 17 months ago and im here to say it works big time,this is a great guy who offers advise for free,not many people in the world will do that..any way im training as a powerlifter now but am here to say as of tomorrow il be running the slingshot again to shake things back up..keep up the awesome work bro

welshmaster is offline Junior Member
    Well basically, Ronnie here is a member. A picture is a still life image, where as a video captures thousands of images and links them all together. A video is far better than a picture as pictures can be taken at the perfect angle etc to make you look your best, a video really shows you what the person looks like. Perhaps you need to go back to sitting in a classroom with the Jr's and appreciate that.
    So in short -it is in the right section..

welshmaster is offline Junior Member
    Nice video, looking great!
    Thanks for posting it.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sinny View Post
    looking great there ronnie,you helped me with slingshot via email around 17 months ago and im here to say it works big time,this is a great guy who offers advise for free,not many people in the world will do that..any way im training as a powerlifter now but am here to say as of tomorrow il be running the slingshot again to shake things back up..keep up the awesome work bro
    Thanks sinny, it means a lot too me when I hear these kinds of comments.

I've been around weight lifting for a lot longer than most people realize. I have both related and personal experiences to choose from. I believe knowledge not shared, is knowledge lost! I've watched people make very bad choices regarding training/diet. This resulted in injury and/or poor results over time. I provide opinions and truths to the best of my ability. I really do care!

natureboy is offline Member
    Nice video!

Damn Ronnie some of the best form I have seen on a video.....

I thought you did not do flat bench press????

How much weight was that on pullups? That back of yours reminded me of Dorian Yates....

manwitplans is offline Senior Member
    Hey, just wanted to chime in. Thank you for helping me with the setup on STS.
    It works like a charm, really nice dieting and training, trained it about 5 weeks now.
    Up on all my stats (the waist have stayed the same

Legs: Up 1 inch
    Arms: Up 1/2 inch

For example, thank you once more.

And for the video, you really look amazing dude. I hope I look that one day. I'm sure that I will if I stick to STS

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by welshmaster View Post
    Well basically, Ronnie here is a member. A picture is a still life image, where as a video captures thousands of images and links them all together. A video is far better than a picture as pictures can be taken at the perfect angle etc to make you look your best, a video really shows you what the person looks like. Perhaps you need to go back to sitting in a classroom with the Jr's and appreciate that.
    My thoughts exactly..."A video captures thousands of images and links them all together"...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
    Nice video!
    Thanks natureboy!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    Damn Ronnie some of the best form I have seen on a video.....

I thought you did not do flat bench press????

How much weight was that on pullups? That back of yours reminded me of Dorian Yates....
    Form over weight any day at my age...LOL

That's not a flat bench press! It's a 10 degree incline press! My primary exercise is 10-15 degree decline presses without a smith machine and I use quite a bit mroe weight on them as opposed to inclines (my weak point).

I was doing 50 pounds around my ankles on the pull-ups in addition to my body weight. Each plate weighed 25 lbs. I find putting it around my waist makes it hard to keep the lower back arched-hence the lats do not work as hard.

I only wish I had a back like Dorians..

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    It has everything to do with members pictures

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Watch this video of Ronnie Rowland- -the next generation in fitness training and someone that I am proud to call friend.

He created P90X???

Just kidding Ronnie....

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    damn...grammar aside, that is some serious jacked-ness. lookin ****in sick man.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VanTheMan View Post
    Hey, just wanted to chime in. Thank you for helping me with the setup on STS.
    It works like a charm, really nice dieting and training, trained it about 5 weeks now.
    Up on all my stats (the waist have stayed the same

Legs: Up 1 inch
    Arms: Up 1/2 inch

For example, thank you once more.

And for the video, you really look amazing dude. I hope I look that one day. I'm sure that I will if I stick to STS
    Glad to hear you are doing well with Slingshot Training.

You'll probably pass me at the rate you are going..

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    He created P90X???

Just kidding Ronnie....
    I've always appreciated your great sense of humor MuscleScience.

Blog Entries

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by thetank View Post
    damn...grammar aside, that is some serious jacked-ness. lookin ****in sick man.
    I truly appreciate that BigMan. It gets much harder after 40 but I love a challenge. I wish I had known back in my 20's and 30's what I know now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    Form over weight any day at my age...LOL

That's not a flat bench press! It's a 10 degree incline press! My primary exercise is 10-15 degree decline presses without a smith machine and I use quite a bit mroe weight on them as opposed to inclines (my weak point).

I was doing 50 pounds around my ankles on the pull-ups in addition to my body weight. Each plate weighed 25 lbs. I find putting it around my waist makes it hard to keep the lower back arched-hence the lats do not work as hard.

I only wish I had a back like Dorians..
    gotcha......i too wanted to personally thank ronnie for all his help...i've already put on more muscle using STS than with conventional methods...sts may be new but its already starting to set the new standard for bodybuilding...... you da man ronnie!!!!

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

;)

looking good as always ronnie!

I'm jealous of your biceps

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by audis4 View Post
    looking good as always ronnie!

I'm jealous of your biceps
    I can thank my dad for the biceps audis..If only he had given me a bigger chest..

C-heavyweight is offline New Member

Sts truely amazing

Sts training has done wonders for my training. Even when i am going through a rough time, i am still gaining mass, and strength. Anyone who says this won't work is afriad that it will and they need to try it!!!!! yay me, Go Ronnie!

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by welshmaster View Post
    And smart-ass comments like this are not needed here. He asked a question as there was nothing but a "thank you ronnie" comment in his post along with a youtube video link. Confusing to someone who does not know Ronnie.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by C-heavyweight View Post
    Sts training has done wonders for my training. Even when i am going through a rough time, i am still gaining mass, and strength. Anyone who says this won't work is afriad that it will and they need to try it!!!!! yay me, Go Ronnie!
    I have a new high calorie recipe for you. It's yummy and simple to make!

RotorHead is offline Associate Member
    i saw your post on bodybuilding.net ronnie... good work bro... ima have to give this a try here soon.

moush is offline Senior Member
    I have to say one thing about STS...it works! I have so much more dense muscle and Im the strongest ever! I love it! It works whether your bulking or cutting! Although I am currently training straight sets with increasing weight and decreasing reps I will be back into STS real soon. I used STS for a year and a half and saw amazing results! I have my pics posted in the members section under My Transformation. Ronnie is an amazing person who has changed my lifting routine and given me new life in the gym. I cant thank Ronnie enough for eveyrthing he has done for me, truly an amazing man who cares about others more than himself. Thank you Ronnie for everything I would not be where I am not if it wasnt for you.

STS LAB RAT - Thats me right Ronnie?!?!?!

nath78 is offline Associate Member
    I dont get it whats the slingshot system??just looked like random exercises to me..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
    i saw your post on bodybuilding.net ronnie... good work bro... ima have to give this a try here soon.
    Great to hear!

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by moush View Post
    I have to say one thing about STS...it works! I have so much more dense muscle and Im the strongest ever! I love it! It works whether your bulking or cutting! Although I am currently training straight sets with increasing weight and decreasing reps I will be back into STS real soon. I used STS for a year and a half and saw amazing results! I have my pics posted in the members section under My Transformation. Ronnie is an amazing person who has changed my lifting routine and given me new life in the gym. I cant thank Ronnie enough for eveyrthing he has done for me, truly an amazing man who cares about others more than himself. Thank you Ronnie for everything I would not be where I am not if it wasnt for you.

STS LAB RAT - Thats me right Ronnie?!?!?!
    Thank you my friend! It means a lot coming from you. Give me a call one weekend and we will talk shop..

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by nath78 View Post
    I dont get it whats the slingshot system??just looked like random exercises to me..
    nath, Slingshot Training involves such things as proper periodization to create maximum muscle hypertrophy and strength, straight sets to help prevent injury, proper nutrition, etc.

Go read the link provided and you will see there's more than meets the eyes..

The Slingshot Training System

moush is offline Senior Member
    wil do Ronnie...once the holidays are over id like to catch up with ya! Hope all is well with you and you are enjoying the Holidays.

mg3
    mg3 is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    sts really works i started at 323 and droped to 240 in 3 months follwing ronnies program and stickin to the nutrition plan he laid out for me he is an amzing guy and very smart.follow him and his advice and u will see results i swear on it.he has been an ispiration to me and many others. thanks ronnie this is mike fom the gym nates friend...

Diamonds08 is offline Banned
    meehhhhhh.....I'm not impressed. For all the knowledge you preach about STS, I thought you'd have been bigger. STS FTL

genetisch is offline Junior Member
    hes late 30s thats huge for him and have you seen George Grieves he all natural and looks like he def juices!

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamonds08 View Post
    meehhhhhh.....I'm not impressed. For all the knowledge you preach about STS, I thought you'd have been bigger. STS FTL
    dude did you watch any of the videos posted? did you read sts? his before and after pics?

Blog Entries

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Diamonds08 View Post
    I don't want to gain a bunch of weight at age 43. I am more interested in helping others. Take a look at the pictures of Pro-Bodybuilder Tricky Jackson.

Funny how new members pop up and and make negative comments about others. This was way too obvious...LOL...For the record go to the top of this section and read the rules posted by moderators.If you have nothing good to say about someones physique put a lid on it!
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 02-01-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Diamonds08 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    I don't want to gain a bunch of weight at age 43. I am more interested in helping others. Take a look at the pictures of Pro-Bodybuilder Tricky Jackson.

Funny how new members pop up and and make negative comments about others. This was way too obvious...LOL...For the record go to the top of this section and read the rules posted by moderators.If you have nothing good to say about someones physique put a lid on it!
    I'm not saying that you don't have a good physique. I'm simply saying that I thought you would be bigger than you are in the video. On a more serious note, if I was going to pay someone to train me, I would just expect a little more; It's all just relative to your personal goals though. I have read many of your articles. Your philosophies are very interesting but I don't see any real world proof that they work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information