GGallin is offline Senior Member

Gonna go ahead And Post My Before Pics

Here is my pre-cutting chubby self. Weighing in at a overweight 275 Lbs. No need for any negative comments and such, I realize I am not even close to skinny. With that said here is my current Stats.
    26 Years Old, training 3+ years straight
    Above 20% Bodyfat (Estimating)
    275 Lbs, 5ft 11in
    19" Biceps, 52" chest/with a lil extra fluff
    Current max bench 405, all time max bench 465
    Goals: Get below 10% bodyfat Somehwere around 215-220

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Look strong as a bull bro. Put a little of that hard work you've been putting into the weight room into a good diet and you'll see some results. What exactly are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Jfew44 View Post
    Look strong as a bull bro. Put a little of that hard work you've been putting into the weight room into a good diet and you'll see some results. What exactly are you looking for?
    Have some abs and veins popping out.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    I mean by posting the pics. You looking for some motivation or some actual advice on what to do?

Advice is always welcome. I was posting them as well as a before pic so If I actually succeed this time at getting cut. Which I plan on sticking it out to the end this time.

Motivation is also one of the other contributing factors.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I think I remember some "before" pics of you from a year or more ago. Did you ever cut down then or is this another attempt?

Looking big, man. You'll be looking even bigger at 220! Good luck.

I got down to about 235 but didnt get any good pics at the time. I think I overdieted though and lost more muscle than I should have. I still had a gut at 235, felt more watery than anything though.

Proof that I am buff

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    ^^^ That pic is fvcked up haha.

But yeah, you should definitely aim to cut FOR GOOD. You have a lot of muscle, but you can't see it. Be proud you have bulked up, so when you cut down properly, you will be ripped and still maintain good size. All the best

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    lets try this another way..

what did you have for breakfast..

the word cut to me, and frankly you stating that you want to be below 10%bf is frankly unobtainable for you given your current condition, and since the word should be used for those that are about to get on stage..

I'd suggest starting with.. what did you have for breakfast??
    How fast do you want to drop the fat..
    Why??

Getting to a leaner you should be your goal..

Maybe this will help..

for this 1st, set your goal to get to 260 lbs through diet change alone, that should be fairly easy, the only cardio you should do is low intensity for min 20 min 4x week..

How much fish oil do you take in?? see where this is going??

I think if you keep your goal of 10% you will be disappointed.. once you get to the 260, and stay there for 2 months, it will be time to change your eating habits again.. and so on until you get to the body you want..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GGallin View Post
    Proof that I am buff
    She belongs in the cleavage thread!

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    lets try this another way..

what did you have for breakfast..

the word cut to me, and frankly you stating that you want to be below 10%bf is frankly unobtainable for you given your current condition, and since the word should be used for those that are about to get on stage..

I'd suggest starting with.. what did you have for breakfast??
    How fast do you want to drop the fat..
    Why??

Getting to a leaner you should be your goal..

Maybe this will help..

for this 1st, set your goal to get to 260 lbs through diet change alone, that should be fairly easy, the only cardio you should do is low intensity for min 20 min 4x week..

How much fish oil do you take in?? see where this is going??

I think if you keep your goal of 10% you will be disappointed.. once you get to the 260, and stay there for 2 months, it will be time to change your eating habits again.. and so on until you get to the body you want..
    Right on brotha. Settin the goals too far ahead of schedule will just lead to disappointment considering getting to 10% in this case will take half a year I would say.

Good luck Ggallin...you just gotta get low ONCE and not let yourself get such a high BF ever again. You will feel and look much better.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Agreed! you need to make short term goals for your self. take pics every couple months to monitor your progress. weigh yourself once a week, at the same time and day of the week every week. here is your calorie needs to drop weight currently. they will need to be adjusted as you lose weight.

Your approximate daily caloric maintenance level is: 3773 calories (kcal)
    Your daily caloric goal in order to lose weight should be between: 2773 to 3273 calories (kcal)
    Your daily caloric goal in order to gain weight should be between: 4023 to 4273 calories (kcal)

make up a diet plan for everyone to check out!

Are you just going by my weight and height etc for those calculations?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    Agreed! you need to make short term goals for your self. take pics every couple months to monitor your progress. weigh yourself once a week, at the same time and day of the week every week. here is your calorie needs to drop weight currently. they will need to be adjusted as you lose weight.

Your approximate daily caloric maintenance level is: 3773 calories (kcal)
    Your daily caloric goal in order to lose weight should be between: 2773 to 3273 calories (kcal)
    Your daily caloric goal in order to gain weight should be between: 4023 to 4273 calories (kcal)

make up a diet plan for everyone to check out!

260 is easy, I can get there in a week, which is my plan. i was 260 recently but gained a little over the holidays
    250 would be a more solid goal considering my weight fluxuates between 10 lbs depending on the day. Some mornings I will be 270, some days 275-278. Just depends on how much I ate that day It sucks I gain weight and lose it so easily, obviously more on the gaining side although I can eat good for a week and lose 10-15lbs no exaggeration. 10% is obtainable I just have to get there over time. Basic goal is 6 pack by summer. Considering its almost January I should have more than enough time to get there as long as I stay dedicated. I also agree that I should stay at a lower body fat from then on.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GGallin View Post
    Are you just going by my weight and height etc for those calculations?
    yes i am. check out this article from a book i have. i think you can get the spreadsheet for free from the link below.

Daily Caloric Needs:

Multiply your calculated RMR (below) by 1.3 (sedentary), 1.4 (moderately active), or 1.5 (very active). If you work out intensely 4-5 days/week or are active in sports or outdoor activities, use 1.5 as the multiplying factor.

RMR expressed in calories (kcal)/day
    Height expressed in inches
    Weight expressed in pounds
    Age expressed in years

For men: RMR = 66 + (12.7 x height) + (6.27 x weight) – (6.8 x age)
    For women: RMR = 655 + (4.57 x height) + (4.36 x weight) – (4.7 x age)

Example:
    A 190-lb male, 6’0” tall, 28 yrs old, very active
    Daily caloric requirements for weight maintenance =
    1.5 x (66 + (12.7 x 72) + (6.27 x 190) – (6.8 x 28)) = 2972 calories/day

This calculation can be done automatically for you with the metabolic rate calculator you should have already received when you subscribed to my Ezine. If you missed it, you can find it as the 2nd download here: http:// truthaboutabs. com/freebonus

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    looking thick man. you dont look too out of shape to me. for someone who doesnt know what they are doing ide say you have a long road ahead..but putting the science involved into dropping weight and doing shit right, you will be under 16-17% in no time. drastic changes show drastic results. stay dedicated and you'll be where you want to be, as fast as you want to get there.
    keep us updated
    peace
    tank

Thread Information