green182 is offline Junior Member

New member pics. Suggestions?

Hey guys,

I'm a new member,
    I am 6'0 and weigh 192, and I am in a bulking phase of my training routine right now. I will be posting pictures weekly. My goal is to put on 20lbs I am eating as much as I can right now, ALL natural oatmeal, eggs, grilled chicken, tuna, whole grain rice, whole wheat bread, light peanut butter, protein shake, skim milk, Black coffee, green tea honey, water. Any suggestions as to how much more I should eat, and what else would be great.
    Maybe a bulk work-out plan that worked for you or you suggest?
    ANY comments on what you think would be great!

Thanks, green182

Here are several before pix I took 2 days ago.

mousetraps is offline Member
    Keep a food log. Do a BMR calculation, and research opinions on how much to add to that figure.

mousetraps is offline Member
    www.thedailyplate.com is a great food log for free that I use

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    you have a good base...

how many times a week do you work out?

how may months years have you been working out?

and what are you goals (i know 20 lbs) but what for? sports? to look good? to gain strength? ex...

some help:

get dif boxers (just kidding)

if you trim your chest and stomach hair you will look more cut (just a personal preferance)

dont be afraid to hit the legs - i alway heard that and when i was young just laughed at the people who told me - BUT - dead lifts, squats and such will def give you a thicker look and your other body parts will get stronger too(dont ask why - i never figured that one out - just do it)

other wise keep lifting!!!

genetisch is offline Junior Member
    train your legs at least 2x a week!

and what are you goals (i know 20 lbs) but what for? sports? to look good? to gain strength? ex...
    My goal is to gain strength and look good and big
    I just started back up in December, and have a routine, back/bi, chest/tri/, legs, back/bi, chest/tri
    5 days a week, mon-fri
    I have been working out and active for the past 7 years, with on - off period's of course

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by green182 View Post

My goal is to gain strength and look good and big
    I just started back up in December, and have a routine, back/bi, chest/tri/, legs, back/bi, chest/tri
    5 days a week, mon-fri
    I have been working out and active for the past 7 years, with on - off period's of course
    ok number one remember you have to have a good diet... not like mom and dad taught us but a good solid body building diet... then get your splits or the exercises you do each day... my splits go like this

chest, 6 sets tries
    back, 6 sets bies
    quads, calves, forarm
    shoulders, rear delts
    bies tries (hard), might throw in some pull up in here & pull downs
    hams, shrugs, abs
    rest...

if i add cardio i will do it mon, wens, friday, sat - all in the am and i work out most often at night

and take this the right way - sounds like you are getting back in to it... and are getting ready to take it seriously - so get the foundation right -
    diet and splits

lift with intensity

good luck

Awesome man, thanks so much for the advice.
    I will be posting another couple of pictures here in the next week to show my progress. I will also keep you updated with my diet routine.
    Thanks for the advice/comments guys, keep em coming!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    My suggestion is to get the "i love beer" tat removed. Maybe change it to "i love deer."

Here are pictures after one week of training. amcon I stole your workout plan and it is coming along nice. I am also dieting high carb high protein with all the whole wheats and lean meats. I will post more in a week.
    ANY comments/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

dude your chest and abs look totally dif shaved - what a dif hu?

dude, go to sling shot training that is where i am in my lifting right now and i am freaking growing like mad with it... hitting big gains every couple weeks!!! keep the diet right and keep growing!!!! and keep giving us up dates

Thread Information