steve123411 is offline New Member

Guess my BF% and which direction should I go

Hey guys, I know my pictures are pretty pathetic. But we all have to start somewhere right? I'm sitting at around 152 right now but as you can see from my pictures, I'm holding some fat in my gut area. I've never been active and spend most of my days drinking beer. This is going to change though, looking to get into a good routine/diet (natty).

Am I good to start bulking right away or should I try to cut weight so the guts gone. I'll be making a thread soon for you guys to rate my diet. Just trying to sort the macros out.

Height: 5'9
    Weight: 152

Last edited by steve123411; 01-09-2010 at 08:43 PM.

ty357 is offline Member
    listen bro. everyone gonna say stay away from aas and get your diet in check. head to the diet section and talk to those guys. they have some good advice. how i do guys lol

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ty357 View Post
    listen bro. everyone gonna say stay away from aas and get your diet in check. head to the diet section and talk to those guys. they have some good advice. how i do guys lol
    ^lol. perfect.

Steve, at your age, with the right diet and training program you can make some real good changes to your physique.

Good luck, man.

steve123411 is offline New Member
    Alright, I'm just curious if anyone has a rough idea what my BF% is. I'm not going to touch the juice.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    @ty - he said he's looking to go natty. He's just here for some pic critiques and advice on whether to jump right into bulking, or cut first. I would say cut for 2+ months - you don't have that much BF, you're just outta shape. You should be able to cut down in 2 months, then get on a bulk routine.

Like Ty said though, you'd be better off going over to the diet section and posting up a proposed plan, let the guys over there hook you up. GL!

KZRSOIZE is offline Associate Member
    Im Guessing 10-12% in the mid section which is rather low. Im not sure exactly your current diet but i would consume high protein moderate carb and fats. Start a weight training regimen, this board is full of members with knowledge on all aspects. Dont worry about dieting and when i say dieting i mean losing weight, your not fat. Start training with weights and up your protein intake.

Good choice on the no gear, good luck to you bro.

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    id say 16-17% from the pics

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    High, IMO bf % doesn't really matter once you are that high because there is only one option no matter what it is... CUT.

You are also not in shape (no offense), so I would do clean maintenance calories with a good training and rest regimen and you will see improvements fast.

Lift-Eat-Repeat is offline Associate Member
    Yea im guessing 14-18 % most likely somewhere in between.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    12 to 14 - here is the thing you dont have a base of muscle to work with at this point you need to get in to gym with good diet and good training splits...

that is not a bad thing at this point aas or steroids will help very very very little... here is why - if you use test e and go on for the next 12 weeks you will gain lets say 15 lbs... loose 5 lbs of water and gain a total of 10 lbs of muscle ... (steroids are not a merical pill or shot - you will not be jay cutler in the next year by taking steroids... fyi) then after you done with the cycle you are still eating wrong, and working out wrong - you wont keep those gains very long - ****poof*** your back to were you started.

if you ate right and worked out right and let time pass doing the "right things" you woulld gain just as much and know and learn how to grow - now that you have started to tap in to you natural potential - you keep growing that way till you max it out then consider and study aas.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Do a clean bulk. Head to diet section and read the sticky about bulking clean. BF guess is 13-15%. You don't look fat. You just don't have muscle under there.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    rex he has now lifting experence - look at his body compisition... he needs to eat correctly, as you pointed out and train with good work out splits and intensity then come back with what to do next

and steroids shouldnt be the answer for a long time

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    rex he has now lifting experence - look at his body compisition... he needs to eat correctly, as you pointed out and train with good work out splits and intensity then come back with what to do next

and steroids shouldnt be the answer for a long time
    Never suggested for him to do steroids . And where do you see he has lifting experience? He said in his first post he was never active and is now looking to get into a diet/routine.

LionsGate is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    High, IMO bf % doesn't really matter once you are that high because there is only one option no matter what it is... CUT.

You are also not in shape (no offense), so I would do clean maintenance calories with a good training and rest regimen and you will see improvements fast.

you got to be kidding right? hes 150 lbs not even that high of BF%. out of shape sure. but not nearly that high of bf%

just ease into weight lifting very slow.

i can see someone with this type of body bulk up fairly nice while losing fat with a clean diet.

Quote Originally Posted by ReX357 View Post
    Do a clean bulk. Head to diet section and read the sticky about bulking clean. BF guess is 13-15%. You don't look fat. You just don't have muscle under there.
    this

^^^agreed... I don't think he's lifted much and cutting probably isn't needed due to the fact that if he eats right and lifts for even just a few months i would guess he'd get bigger and the gut will change slowly to abs with the right regimen and diet.

cjw2021 is offline Banned
    there is nothing to cut

Thread Information