beatango2008 is offline Senior Member

Before and After huge bulk

Well in the first picture I only weighed about 155lbs
    The after picture I am 218lbs.

I had stopped doing cardio hence the high bodyfat,
    I have dropped some LB's though since that picture, because my diet has been off, haven't been getting my calories in like I should, plus I've been working some crazy hours at work, sometimes 20 hours at a time, so I've been to tired to go to the gym for the past 3 weeks.

But Tonight will be my first night back.
    I don't know if I should start my cut now, or bulk up a little more, I don't want to get the bodyfat to high, because then it will just be harder to get off, I guess I will see how I feel at the gym tonight.

Give me some of your guys input on how I can improve,

For a side note:
    I know my legs are lagging, I can't train them as hard as the rest of my body, because I have a herniated disc in my lower back, which hurts whenever I do squats or leg presses.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Before and After huge bulk-134661.jpg   Before and After huge bulk-dscn2282.jpg  

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    first off, congrats on the progress. you made a huge jump in size. you did put on quite a bit of fat though, but you can lose it no doubt. it is entirely up to you on whether you want to diet now or not. it is easier to put back on muscle when you are leaned out though IMO. you also feel better without the extra weight on you.

sorry to hear about the back problems. just dont mess with it and try to get it fixed ASAP! dont get too paranoid about legs being small, my claves are freakin tiny no matter how hard i train them lol just try to keep it up in the gym and clean up your diet to get things started

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    IMO time to cut bro! You should carve up that newly acquired muscle. I think you would look great at about 195-200lbs if you diet correctly. I can see you at about 10% BF at this weight.

Quote Originally Posted by vishus View Post
    first off, congrats on the progress. you made a huge jump in size. you did put on quite a bit of fat though, but you can lose it no doubt. it is entirely up to you on whether you want to diet now or not. it is easier to put back on muscle when you are leaned out though IMO. you also feel better without the extra weight on you.

sorry to hear about the back problems. just dont mess with it and try to get it fixed ASAP! dont get too paranoid about legs being small, my claves are freakin tiny no matter how hard i train them lol just try to keep it up in the gym and clean up your diet to get things started
    Thanks man,

Yes I hurt my back awhile ago, when I was doing shrugs, had about 450 on the bar, stupid me, forget my belt that day.
    I was in the middle of my set and I just crippled over all of a sudden.

I never had surgery for it, I just left it alone, because I don't have insurance.
    Thankfully the pain has gone WAY down from what it was, but every now and then it acts up. That is why I try and stay away from heavy squats and leg presses.

But I just got back from the gym and I had an awesome workout, I think I really need that 3 weeks off, I feel like my body is energized now, and I am really ready to go at this hard now, Thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    IMO time to cut bro! You should carve up that newly acquired muscle. I think you would look great at about 195-200lbs if you diet correctly. I can see you at about 10% BF at this weight.
    Thanks bro,

I am thinking about tuning in the diet and dropping the bodyfat down, I just hate losing all that strength lol.
    But this is bodybuilding not powerlifting.

That would be a nice goal 195lbs at 10% bf.

I will have to get your guys advice on my diet and you can help me tune it in.
    When I have time I will post it up in the diet section.

Quote Originally Posted by beatango2008 View Post
    I never had surgery for it, I just left it alone, because I don't have insurance.
    Man the United States of America is hardcore.

In Europe we have a choice:

1) Get health insurance so that you can get your surgery done right away and stay in a nice plush hospital room with soft pillows, free yoghurt and cable TV. This kind of health insurance, for a man in his 20's, costs about $700 per year.

2) Don't get health insurance, wait a few months for free surgery. The surgeons and equipment are just as good, but you don't get the soft pillows and free yogurt.

I can't imagine what it must be like to simply "not have the money" to sort yourself out medically. It must be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by ErectileTissue View Post
    Man the United States of America is hardcore.

In Europe we have a choice:

1) Get health insurance so that you can get your surgery done right away and stay in a nice plush hospital room with soft pillows, free yoghurt and cable TV. This kind of health insurance, for a man in his 20's, costs about $700 per year.

2) Don't get health insurance, wait a few months for free surgery. The surgeons and equipment are just as good, but you don't get the soft pillows and free yogurt.

I can't imagine what it must be like to simply "not have the money" to sort yourself out medically. It must be awful.
    Sounds like I need to move to Europe

livinacrazylyf is offline New Member
    155lb to 218lbs? What did you take or do to get that weight?

6'1 187lbs. 15% body fat

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Nice job, you definitely put some beef on! BF is too high IMO to continue bulking; with the summer right around the corner, you still have a good 2-3 months to cut - you'll be sick looking if you can drop that BF a few percentage points!

Whatever you decide, i'm looking forward to watching your progress!

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beatango2008 View Post
    Thanks man,

Yes I hurt my back awhile ago, when I was doing shrugs, had about 450 on the bar, stupid me, forget my belt that day.
    I was in the middle of my set and I just crippled over all of a sudden.

Thankfully the pain has gone WAY down from what it was, but every now and then it acts up. That is why I try and stay away from heavy squats and leg presses.

But I just got back from the gym and I had an awesome workout, I think I really need that 3 weeks off, I feel like my body is energized now, and I am really ready to go at this hard now, Thanks for your input

wow, that sounds like a pretty harsh incident. definitely keep a belt on hand from now on!!! haha good luck with ur future training!

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    Great bulk bro. You said that squats and leg presses hurt your back.
    So I would suggest that you double up on leg extensions and leg curls. Also, hit some weighted lunges, and tons of calf raises. Bro you can swell up your quads with 6-8 sets of leg extensions(since you can't do squats).

Thread Information