j2h
    j2h is offline New Member

First Cycle

All input is appreciated.

Stats:
    26 | 5'-11" | 178lb
    Bf%: unknown
    Cycle history: Nil.
    Years training: not serious, on and off since high school. Serious for the past two years. I work out 6x a week for an hour to an hour and a half. Sundays (my 6th day) i play rec soccer.

Where I'm at: Bench 90lb dumbells x 5 reps (sets of 5). Squat 275 x 5 reps (sets of 5 also). Deadlift 225.

I eat a clean diet. No carbonated beverages. Lots of green veggies, fruit, chicken, fish, rice, and steak. I've been taking protein shakes in the past. Currently, I'm take a mass gainer called "up your mass" and recently have been taking N.O. Xplode. A year and a half ago I was 155lbs.

I've been on this site a few times in the past, reading info, but held off to sign up and start posting. I feel like I'm getting closer to wanting to start a cycle (within the year) and I want to be smart about it.

Here are some pics:

I want to look get bigger, but remain cut.

In your opinion, am I at a place with my conditioning that I could do my first cycle?
    Other advise?

Thanks.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Looking pretty good and lean, but I think you can add alot more mass naturally. You should post up your diet so we can take a look at what you're eating. Probably not enough - you don't need a mass gainer supp, just good old food.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by j2h View Post

Stats:
    26 | 5'-11" | 178lb
    Years training: not serious, on and off since high school. Serious for the past two years. I work out 6x a week for an hour to an hour and a half. Sundays (my 6th day) i play rec soccer.

Where I'm at: Bench 90lb dumbells x 5 reps (sets of 5). Squat 275 x 5 reps (sets of 5 also). Deadlift 225.

I eat a clean diet. No carbonated beverages. Lots of green veggies, fruit, chicken, fish, rice, and steak. I've been taking protein shakes in the past. Currently, I'm take a mass gainer called "up your mass" and recently have been taking N.O. Xplode. A year and a half ago I was 155lbs.

I've been on this site a few times in the past, reading info, but held off to sign up and start posting. I feel like I'm getting closer to wanting to start a cycle (within the year) and I want to be smart about it.

In your opinion, am I at a place with my conditioning that I could do my first cycle?
    Other advise?

Thanks.
    The bold concerns me. You claim to eating a solid diet yet your only at 178lbs? Your experience in the gym is good, but doesn't seem to paying off with your given stats. How long have you been on this diet routine? You forgot to mention the amounts of foods listed in each category. Throwing out what you eat with no idea of how much your eating means nothing.

I think what needs to re-evaluate your diet foremost. At your weight, steroids should be the last thing on your mind. Diet #1 priority.

j2h
    Really? Even considering the amount of weight I'm pushing? The guys at my gym are substantially larger and are doing around the same weight I am. I've kind of come to the conclusion that my muscles are more dense than most ppl.

I eat 6 times a day... It kind of feels like that's all I do. Drink a couple glasses of milk a day, around 6-8 glasses of water and the following:

Yogurt & granola for breakfast or cottage cheese w/ fruit about a cup and a half.

Snack at lunch, normally a protein drink and half cup of almonds or cashews, or peanut butter on rye crackers.

Lunch: a couple chicken breasts with a half of a stalk of broccoli or cauliflower (or other veggie), or a couple cans of tuna with a cup and half of rice.

Mid-day snack: protien drink or bar, avocado shake, or veggies... 3 or 4 eggs depends.

Dinner: 8 oz steak or salmon or chicken with about a cup of veggies and potatoes or whole wheat pasta.

Normally I eat again before bed because I feel like i can eat again. Normally consists of leftovers from dinner.

j2h
    And my form is good. I've worked out with a few trainers, and using the internet to keep my workout varied and correct.

Really? Even considering the amount of weight I'm pushing? The guys at my gym are substantially larger and are doing around the same weight I am. I've kind of come to the conclusion that my muscles are more dense than most ppl. I was pushing that same weight @ 172lbs all natty where you are now. Who cares what other people are doing, worry about YOURSELF.

I eat 6 times a day... It kind of feels like that's all I do. Drink a couple glasses of milk a day, around 6-8 glasses of water and the following:

Yogurt & granola for breakfast or cottage cheese w/ fruit about a cup and a half. Carbs here

Snack at lunch, normally a protein drink and half cup of almonds or cashews, or peanut butter on rye crackers. Good. Consider blending oats with your shake for a consistent level of carbs throughout the day.

Lunch: a couple chicken breasts with a half of a stalk of broccoli or cauliflower (or other veggie), or a couple cans of tuna with a cup and half of rice. Good

Mid-day snack: protien drink or bar, avocado shake, or veggies... 3 or 4 eggs depends. Lay off the protein bars and stick with shakes. Everything else looks alright.

Dinner: 8 oz steak or salmon or chicken with about a cup of veggies and potatoes or whole wheat pasta. Best meal yet.

Normally I eat again before bed because I feel like i can eat again. Normally consists of leftovers from dinner. Casein shake, cc, or natural pb will do fine.
    Bold.

j2h
    Ok HP, when is right to start cycling then? You say you were pushing that much weight at 172 lbs when you were natural...What did you weigh when you started your first cycle? That's what i'm here for, right?

Your input on my diet was to increase carb intake and substitute shakes for bars... is that going to give me the extra 25 lbs i want?

What was the point when everyone here decided to start cycling and what was your reasoning?

Ok HP, when is right to start cycling then? You say you were pushing that much weight at 172 lbs when you were natural...What did you weigh when you started your first cycle? That's what i'm here for, right? My first real successful cycle? 200lbs give or take. Because that's when I had done extensive research up the ass to finally begin enhancing myself. I could have achieved a lot more naturally, but I rushed it and regret it. The best time to cycle is when you've hit your natural genetic potential, understand how each compound works, how to avoid side effects of each, and what compounds should be stacked together for a proper cycle, ect ect.

Your input on my diet was to increase carb intake and substitute shakes for bars... is that going to give me the extra 25 lbs i want? No, I quote on quote "Lay off the protein bars and stick with shakes." This would be a far more effective alternative.

What was the point when everyone here decided to start cycling and what was your reasoning? My reasoning to start cycling? It was the same as everyone else when I was 21. I lived in the "I want it now era", without having any clue that steroids/diet/training takes years to get the body you want. That's the truth.
    All I'm saying is, you can add a little more weight with the right diet. One of the reasons people condone the use of reaching your natural genetic potential is because if you cycle now, without having already built yourself up naturally to 200+lbs. You'll lose all you weight, simply because you don't know how to diet. You'll go back to the way you were before you started cycling. I've seen this happen time and time again. Just looking for you man.

Cycling if you want, or don't. Just take into consideration what I'm saying. Good luck.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    He looks like a serious hardgainer to me, at 26 years old you might be able to get up to 185 or so but I doubt much more naturally.

And working out 6x a week for an hour to hour and a half is completely ridiculous and is probably holding you back.....a lot.

There is no way your body can handle that even on something, it is WAY too much.

When exactly are you giving your body time to recover???? Muscles won't grow if you are constantly tearing them down like that. 4 days a week at an hour a clip is PLENTY especially for your body type.

j2h
    I generally do opposing muscle groups. So if I do legs monday, I do chest and abs tuesday, back wednesday, rest, then do shoulders, finish with arms. Soccer's on Sunday. And if a muscle group is sore, I'll put it off until it's not. Typically legs hurt for 3-4 days, everything else 2-3 days max.

If I don't feel DOMS the days following every workout, or I consider it a poor workout.

When I was in university i was down to 3-4 days a week, but found I had to double-up workouts in order to get the full rotation of muscle groups in a week which is why I increased frequency.

Stats:
    26 | 5'-11" | 178lb

Other advise?

Thanks.
    you look fine for a first cycle.

Thread Information