Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!

Before and After, HARD GAINER

I want to start by saying that when the first picture was taken I was actually in highschool, and was almost 15 years old. Despite what i am sure someone will suggest, I had already gone through puberty, trust me. But, If you were to look at every male in my family, you would see the similar genetic traits, they are all close to or over 6ft tall, and are VERY skinny. No natural muscle mass at all. I was with my sister in the first pic, and didn't want to put her pics up, so i cut her out, but what i wanted to show was not only how thin my arm was, but also how narrow my shoulders are. The distance from my neck to the edge of my shoulders looks to be only 6 inches or so, if not closer to 5. The size of my head compared to my body also references how small my body is. I had actually been training for a year at this point.
    The second picture is a comparison of me between ages 16 and 21. At age 16 I had been training for about two years, and was very strict about my training and diet (had a friend who was a bodybuilder train me and set up my nutrition). The picture of me at age 21 was taken about two weeks ago. Not a great picture, the bad lighting makes it appear I have less definition than i do, but you can see the overall size difference.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    That's a dope transformation man! Congrats!

What's your stats now?

shortybrolick is offline Associate Member
    Good work man

Current stats (as of June 16th, 2010)
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 190lbs
    Shoulders: 56"
    Chest: 49"
    Waist: 32"
    Thighs: 27"
    Arms: 16.75"

I am most proud of my bench press though. I do not train like a powerlifter, I train like a bodybuilder, but as heavy as possible. When I started working out, my max bench press was 80 lbs., it is now 365 lbs

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Looking really good bro. That's the kind of transformation that i'm currently on the path of, hopefully.

What's your current BF%?

Thanks for all the possitive feedback.
    My current bodyfat is around 8%. I have one of those calipers you buy at GNC, so I don't know how accurate it is, but it says I should be between 7.3-8%

I don't think they're very accurate! While you look great, you're definitely not 8%, at least based on that pic.

Well, you may be right. But this is a bad pic for me. I still need to take good pics. I don't know exactly what my bodyfat is I guess, but I can see striations in every muscle group, especially when I'm working out (like a freaky amount of striation, for me anyway) and I have veins popping out everywhere, even my hips and lower abs. I do want to get my bodyfat proffessionally tested though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Well, you may be right. But this is a bad pic for me. I still need to take good pics. I don't know exactly what my bodyfat is I guess, but I can see striations in every muscle group, especially when I'm working out (like a freaky amount of striation, for me anyway) and I have veins popping out everywhere, even my hips and lower abs. I do want to get my bodyfat proffessionally tested though.

If you're seeing crazy striations and veins in the lower abs/hip area, then you probably are < 10%. Just a bad pic I assume.

Apanda is offline Junior Member
    Huge change man, congrats. Nice tats. i like the flag on the right arm. (I think it's a flag atleast)

Brice, is your avatar new as of the last couple days? if so i've noticed that you've talked about your "crap genetics" and just wanted to say that youve made a nice improvement from your last avatar photo. kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by armwrestler22 View Post
    Brice, is your avatar new as of the last couple days? if so i've noticed that you've talked about your "crap genetics" and just wanted to say that youve made a nice improvement from your last avatar photo. kudos.
    Thanks for the compliment bro! Unfortunately, that avatar is older than the one I just took down! The one I took down was after running a CKD diet which got me down to 177lbs but I hated the way I looked, clearly lost some muscle. Thinking back, i'm not even sure why I put that avy up!

I need to take some current pics - in the avy that's back up now, I was about 185lbs - at the moment i'm sitting at around 200lbs but also put on some bodyfat. =(

got fina? is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Thanks for all the possitive feedback.
    My current bodyfat is around 8%. I have one of those calipers you buy at GNC, so I don't know how accurate it is, but it says I should be between 7.3-8%
    Awsome transformation dude.looks like you worked your ass off and achieved your goals. Great work!!

I too would disagree on the BG%. The calipers could be accurate in the rite hands +/-2% maybe. At 7.3 you would start to get spider veins running around arms and such. I usually dont use the calipers for there accuracy, but to measure if im going down in bodyfat at all.

Either way, great work!!!

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Very good job...

Not to sure why you put that first picture in there?? How old were you when that was taken??
    Do not ask me for a source check.

In the first picture I was almost 15 and was in highschool. I had been working out for almost a year.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Wow..looks like you put in some work man. Keep it up.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Thread Information