Jackandcoke is offline New Member

Angry Former O-line. 6'5 320lb Goal-250lb

I've been on this site for a while now and I think its time to start getting my mind and body right. I played college football @ Rutgers as well as Umass for a few years as an offensive linemen. I think its time to get the ball rolling and drop the weight. My current height is 6'5" and my current weight is about 315lbs. My goal weight as of right now is 250lb. Also, diabetes and high blood pressure run in my family as well. I know tons about nutrition and lifting that I have learned over the years, but the problem seems to be my will power to stop being a fat-ass IE eating healthly almost all day and then giving in to a craving once that day or just going into a binge of eating crappy for a week or two.

Hoping to grab some motivation from you guys to keep me on track.

I used to be a powerhouse so I have the muscle underneath to cut the fat on.

Last years weights:

Bench: 455lb
    Squat: 600lb
    Dead: (straight-bar=545lb)(hex-bar=615lb)

Since I don't really lift for strength anymore; those of coursed dropped, but those were my max weights I have done.

Cliffs of pictures:

Side view of my fat/Fat girl on a treadmill (for shits and giggles)/me with bad form deadlifting 600+ (still got it, heh)/Me at Rutgers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Time for lifestyle change-315lb to 250lb-1.jpg   Time for lifestyle change-315lb to 250lb-jzwcvq.jpg   Time for lifestyle change-315lb to 250lb-n8827476_31238203_3799.jpg   Time for lifestyle change-315lb to 250lb-n8827476_31313093_3488.jpg  
    Last edited by Jackandcoke; 07-02-2010 at 12:41 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Always good to see another Jersey guy on the site!

All I can tell you bro is that if I can do it, anybody can. I dropped from 255lbs (at 5'11) to 177lbs (my lowest) in about a year. Currently sitting at 200lbs but with more muscle and obviously much leaner.

I say you can because I was the laziest most gluttenous fat ass you could find. At least you played football, worked out and had a muscle base - I did NOTHING. I sat on my fat ass, stuffed my fat face, pinched my fat tits and complained about why my body was that way.

Luckily I had a wedding planned for July 09' and that was the motivation I needed - I was NOT going to look like that at my wedding.... and I did it!

You're already one step ahead of the game - you apparantly have a good base underneath the bodyfat. Don't be a fool and eat 1800 calories a day; you're a big guy and will have high caloric requirements. Slowly drop bodyfat, try to maintain as much LBM as possible, and you will be amazed with your results after a few months. You're not even that fat compared to many i've seen, I definitely looked worse for my height.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you probably don't know much about eating to drop bodyfat/cut - obviously you know how to eat to be big, strong, etc. If i'm wrong, then you already know what you need to do. If i'm right, get over to the diet section, start reading threads, asking questions, and based on the info you find, formulate a diet and post it up. I and many others i'm sure would be happy to critique it and help you tweak it for maximum results.

Good luck!

o-lineman60 is offline Junior Member
    Yo bud I'm in the same boat. Currently I am 6'6'' and now about 300lbs. So far I have dropped almost 20lbs. About to break the 300 mark and get back to the 200's. Just read up on this site cuz thats exactly what I did.

I know the feelign about wanting to eat badly and shit. I go all day eating healthy and doing good, but at times i get the craving for something totally awful for me and sometimes cannot stop myself. What I do is just keep nothign bad in teh house and keep myself busy all day. I work 10-12 hrs a day and then lift and run. By that time there isnt much time left in the day and I'm pretty freaken beat.

Good luck with everything and nothing is impossible. Just keep busting your ass.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    We are all different, with different approaches. Since I'm a little older, I wanted my house in order before hitting the weights. With the atkins, I was dropping 15lbs/mo. Once I got down to my target weight, I switched to the south beach and started my cardio. After a few months I slowly introduced various strength training routines, and then about a year ago it's been just a good clean diet and balls out on the heavy weights.

Thanks for the info and motivation guys. Been keeping up on my diet change pretty well. Slowly incorporating healthier food into the house and keep bad shit out of here. I watched the "Secret of the pros" vid again and actually took some notes and printed it.

Virturam is offline New Member
    as a future dietitian im thrilled that you're wanting to do something about your weight, and you also want to eat better. Its so simple now to take the easy road, which is fast food, processed carbs, etc etc. One thing that helps me stay on track are two things. Looking around everywhere i go, all over the place i see young kids, 9, 10, 13, 14 and they're already morbidly obese and it makes my heart sad man. Cause its not their fault. So i stay healthy and eat healthy not only because i like it now, but because i want to be a good example for my kids and to the average joe around me, or someone who asks me advice.. i can feel confident in giving weight loss or deiting advice because i myself am healthy. Second reason is kinda lame but simple. I dont want to become another american statistic, or heaven forbid someone from overseas sees me and im a fat piece of crap.. then im just another fat american pig. screw that.

UPDATE: About a week into it. Working out cardio and lifting as usual. Had a cheat this week with july 4th with some boozing and eating some bad stuff, but not all. Haven't weighed myself, but I feel confident that I lost a few lbs at a least. Pics at 2 weeks.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackandcoke View Post
    UPDATE: About a week into it. Working out cardio and lifting as usual. Had a cheat this week with july 4th with some boozing and eating some bad stuff, but not all. Haven't weighed myself, but I feel confident that I lost a few lbs at a least. Pics at 2 weeks.
    Don't worry about the cheat. Yes, it's a bit early (1 week!) for you to be cheating, but it was 4th of July afterall, not just a random weekend. I would say that's a no-no for at least 3 months.

Just keep doing what you're doing. I wouldn't post pics but once every month - you'll notice more progress that way and I think will stay better motivated. 2 weeks isn't much time and you probably will see very little change, if any noticeable at all.

Thread Information