mali is offline New Member

Started lifting 8 months ago

I started lifting for the first time 8 months ago and ever since then I loved it. It took a few months to learn and understand some things so I didn't actually get serious until about late February. I was extremely skinny and weak. A girl once described me as a coat hanger. She wasn't even good looking which really got to me. I knew I was skinny but hearing it put that way by someone really sucked. My skeletor shoulders were further in front of me then my chest was. But it just gave me more motivation to get into the gym.

Stats

Height: 5'9
    Weight: 160lbs
    BF: I'm guessing around 15%?

I would like to be 180lbs lean but I must say that getting bigger is a bit of an addiction haha So i'm not sure if I'll stop there but that’s the goal I have in my mind right now and I think its easily achievable naturally based on my progress so far.

I have been taking protein since about 2 months after I started. About a month ago I switched to a weight gainer protein (ON Pro Complex Gainer). I take my multi vitamins, glutamine and BCAA’s regularly. I also just started taking creatine 19 days ago. I also take Jack3ed on my favourite work out days (Chest and Shoulders).

My diet is a work in progress. Chicken, eggs, pasta, oatmeal, PB, beef. I eat a lot of boneless, skinless chicken breast. Everyday almost. My main problem is that I find it extremely hard to eat a lot of times throughout the day. I’m getting better though. I also get about 4 Litres of water a day.

My sleeping is good. 8-10 hours every night.

Sorry for the poor pictures but it’s the best I could do by myself and I’m not any good at posing as you can tell.

All comments and advice are welcome, good or bad.
    Last edited by mali; 07-15-2010 at 10:41 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Hey bro from what I can tell you are making GREAT progress! You didn't tell us your beginning stats though, i'd like to know how much progress you made in terms of numbers.

Looking like you're building a nice base, staying pretty lean (need to see better pics of course).

Focus less on all those supps and focus more on the real stuff - FOOD makes you grow, never forget that.

PS - I hate you for getting 8-10 hours of sleep!!!! I get 5 at best which is SERIOUSLY hindering my progress. =(

mali is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75;****999
    Hey bro from what I can tell you are making GREAT progress! You didn't tell us your beginning stats though, i'd like to know how much progress you made in terms of numbers.

Looking like you're building a nice base, staying pretty lean (need to see better pics of course).

Focus less on all those supps and focus more on the real stuff - FOOD makes you grow, never forget that.

PS - I hate you for getting 8-10 hours of sleep!!!! I get 5 at best which is SERIOUSLY hindering my progress. =(

I was 145lbs when I started but I had a bit of the skinny fat thing going on. I ate a lot of junk and shitty fast food. I was doing cardio regularly until about 2 months ago at which point I completely stopped doing cardio because I seriously want to get bigger. I don't want the "average" dude size. haha

I don't think I could function without the sleep I get now. I'm too used to it. There is a night here and there when I'll get 5-6 hours and I feel like garbage all day.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by mali View Post
    I was 145lbs when I started but I had a bit of the skinny fat thing going on. I ate a lot of junk and shitty fast food. I was doing cardio regularly until about 2 months ago at which point I completely stopped doing cardio because I seriously want to get bigger. I don't want the "average" dude size. haha

I don't think I could function without the sleep I get now. I'm too used to it. There is a night here and there when I'll get 5-6 hours and I feel like garbage all day.
    None of us want to be the average dude size, lol.

5-6 hours of straight sleep is a wet dream for me....

ray0414 is offline Member
    turn the light on. retake pix. repost pix.

BennyLom is offline Associate Member
    Can't see anything but a guy in a t-shirt.

Virturam is offline New Member
    Funny thing, at one point when i was 21 i hit a plateau at about 193lbs, 5'10/5'11. I thought i had a decent grasp on diet, but i decided eating two double quarter pounders a day from mcdonalds for three weeks was the way to mass up.. on top of my regular diet. jeez, i look back on that and wanna hit myself. anyway, that made me think of the old days. If you ever read Education of a Bodybuilder by our friend Arnold, theres a few pages in back where he talks about the things he used to eat, i actually tried that for a time and gained considerable weight in a short amount of time. One staple that i took away and still eat is, .25lbs of lean hamburger meat on 1 slice of wheat bread.. OMGOSH DELISH. Anyway, check out that sometime its a good read too, even if you're not wanting to bodybuild its got alot of good insight when it comes to mental/working out.

Thread Information