Diego.Delgado is offline New Member

Melanotan cycle - tanning

I know this isn't an anabolic thing, but I thought some people might be interested in learning about Melanotan.

For those of you who haven't heard of it, Melanotan is a peptide that is injected subcutaneously and stimulates the melanocytes in the skin, thus increasing a persons ability to tan.

These before/after pics were taken about a month apart. The results are sort of self explanatory.

Has anyone else tried this stuff? Seems to work pretty ****in' well.

Hardest part was getting a decent supplier. Melanotan isn't illegal in the US and is sold for "research purposes", but there's a lot of counterfeit crap out there, just like anabolics. ezpeptides.com is what i've been using for a little while, pretty decent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Melanotan cycle - tanning-1.jpg   Melanotan cycle - tanning-2.jpg  
    Last edited by Diego.Delgado; 08-09-2010 at 09:29 PM.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    No personal experience. It's good to see some Melanotan results though. What were your dosages? Any nausea or any other side effects?

When I first started on Melanotan, I felt really lethargic for the first few days. Also, I used to get facial flushing. After about 10 days, these side effects passed. I really don't get any side effects anymore at all.

I took .5mg, twice per day, for the first 3 days. Then upped it to 1mg, twice per day. Then 2mg twice per day. For about a month I "loaded" while going to tanning beds like 1x per week.

I am really frickin' pleased man, to be quite honest. As you can see, I was pale as shit before and could NEVER get a tan, just burned.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Yeah it did it's thing. Impressive results man.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    It always amazes me how people look so much bigger when there tanned, i know why but it just does a lot.

Whats the cruise dose after loading going to be like?

tembe is offline Member
    nice bro

ive used it with great effects!

tballz is offline Senior Member
    I love melanotan and will always use it. Ar-r 's stuff is definitely legit.

Quote Originally Posted by tballz View Post
    I love melanotan and will always use it. Ar-r's stuff is definitely legit.
    Never tried his stuff. But he sells it for $80/10mg? That's INSANE. I pay like $30/10 mg through ezpeptides.com, never a problem.

JustDoIt12 is offline Junior Member
    very new to this, but does it tan your skin w/o you actually having to go tanning? i am portuguese/itilian, so would it be beneficial to take? i already have a darker skin tone, but then again, i do tan twice a week.

I've read that you can tan without UV exposure while using Melanotan. I guess it must depend on skin type because I require at least minimal sun exposure. (but I am very fair naturally, perhaps this is the reason?)

Walnutz is offline Member
    You definitely need sun exposure in order to tan with melanotan.

JustDoIt12 is offline Junior Member
    so why not just go tanning and not use this? is it for those who dont tan easily?

Walnutz is offline Member
    I need it or I will never have a tan...just burn.

People who tan easily get tan quicker and darker with less sun exposure.

aitaronz is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego.Delgado View Post
    I took .5mg, twice per day, for the first 3 days. Then upped it to 1mg, twice per day. Then 2mg twice per day. For about a month I "loaded" while going to tanning beds like 1x per week.
    Is that for MT-1 or MT2, mate? I'd initially assumed you meant MT-2, but those are massive doses if that's the case.

Anyway, thanks for posting progress pics. You look good.

Melanotan I, I don't use M2. Too many unknowns/lack of formal research.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How often did you go tanning and for how long per session? I'm super fair as well, and tanning beds can give me sunburn just as easily as being out in the sun.

TrashyTim is offline Junior Member
    Ive heard pleanty about this never seen any results looks impressive to me!!

heyyallsup is offline New Member
    Do you mean melanin? Melatonin is a hormone that signals for sleep.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyallsup View Post
    Do you mean melanin? Melatonin is a hormone that signals for sleep.
    It's not melatonin. It's melanotan.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    There seems to be a perception amongst many of us, including myself, that everything else being the same, more pigment seems to make one look more muscular. I've always suspected this, but the above pics by OP seem to confirm this.

Anyone else agree?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDoIt12 View Post
    so why not just go tanning and not use this? is it for those who dont tan easily?
    UV exposure can put one at a higher risk for skin cancer. Not too familar with the risks associated with m1, but some white dudes like myself are always concerned about the cumulative effects of UV and skin cancer.

So for $35 for 10mg, melanotan may be less risky.

I see OP's dose rate up there, but is there a standard dose rate for a mate, say 220lbs?

Not sure half life, so does that mean pinning multi times a day, or just once subcu?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I see OP's dose rate up there, but is there a standard dose rate for a mate, say 220lbs?

Not sure half life, so does that mean pinning multi times a day, or just once subcu?
    Half life is brief. Pinning a low dose once or twice a day is advisable. The more injections the better - generally those with experience are using research peptides, not a subq implant. 1mg is an appropriate dose, 2mg the maximum dose I generally take. Dont be surprised if it takes 100mg to get the melanotan tan you want...results depend on genetics, UV exposure (management/therapy). M-I is a premium peptide suited for a certain candidate with specific expectations. Good thing more and more folks out there have MT-II and Melanotan one experiences out there to share

Peptide-guide has a page on it also: http://peptide-guide.com/

Mowgli_ is offline New Member

Skin Type

Quote Originally Posted by Diego.Delgado View Post
    For those of you who haven't heard of it, Melanotan is a peptide that is injected subcutaneously and stimulates the melanocytes in the skin, thus increasing a persons ability to tan.

These before/after pics were taken about a month apart. The results are sort of self explanatory.
    @Diego.Delgado:
    What skin type are you? Check this chart out: wikipedia-skinColor

I cannot tell from your pictures if you are I or II.

The reason for this is that I was under the impression that melanotan stimulates the production of melanin (it would be useless for an albino as they cant produce melanin).However, very fair skinned (type I) people produce a different, red-yellow, melanin that is different than that produced by darker skinned people- orange-brown. Therefore, very fair skinned people, like myself, will not obtain a normal brown tan.

The reason I am asking you skin type is that you seem to have a orange-brown tan, and if you are type I skin color, then a brown tan is possible for a very fair skinned person (with the red-yellow melanin).

Thanks in advance.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    look like you have had some good results with it

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli_ View Post
    Therefore, very fair skinned people, like myself, will not obtain a normal brown tan.
    hard to define what normal is in the context of supplementing synthetic melanocyte stimulating hormone. you will see even gingers can overcome their pheo to eumelanin challenges.... to what degree depends on a host of variables (genetics, dose, exposure)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli_
    The reason I am asking you skin type is that you seem to have a orange-brown tan, and if you are type I skin color, then a brown tan is possible for a very fair skinned person.
    There are so many possibilities with regards to melanotan peptides. -Hence why there are virtually no instructions out there. Highly individual tricky stuff to play with.
    Great questions btw

Thread Information