bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member

Yet another BF% check

First off, should I post flat or pumped up pics?

They look VERY different.

Flat looks like 15-16% and pumped looks like about 12%.

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    both would probably be best

Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    both would probably be best
    I figured I would hear that, I need to take some current pumped ones in the same light as the flat ones then.

Can't do that until Friday today is a leg day.

Here we go, these are pumped up I don't feel like putting up the other ones in another post with the 5 pic limit.....

Lighting sucks where I took them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yet another BF% check-pumpedprespawn-81810.jpg   Yet another BF% check-pumpedprespawn2-81810.jpg   Yet another BF% check-pumped-prespawn3-81810.jpg   Yet another BF% check-pumpedprespawn4-81810.jpg   Yet another BF% check-pumpedprespawn5-81810.jpg  

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    16% - 17%.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    16% - 17%.
    Well that sucks considering the amount of work I have been putting in.

Here is a pic from 2 weeks ago with the lighting right......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yet another BF% check-darkmirrorpic-72510.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    Well that sucks considering the amount of work I have been putting in.

Here is a pic from 2 weeks ago with the lighting right......
    I'd put you at 15% - 16% based on that pic. Don't get discouraged bro; some people are able to cut that last 5% relatively easily, for others it's a struggle. I haven't been able to do it either, and the last time I focused on cutting, I lost LBM and kept most of the bodyfat.

Just keep doing your thing, slow and consistent. Eat at maintenance and rely on cardio to create a deficit, or eat 200 calories or so below maintenance and then widen the deficit with cardio. Just don't go too low like I did, you have a base and don't want to lose all you've worked hard for.

I'd put you at 15% - 16% based on that pic. Don't get discouraged bro; some people are able to cut that last 5% relatively easily, for others it's a struggle. I haven't been able to do it either, and the last time I focused on cutting, I lost LBM and kept most of the bodyfat.

Just keep doing your thing, slow and consistent. Eat at maintenance and rely on cardio to create a deficit, or eat 200 calories or so below maintenance and then widen the deficit with cardio. Just don't go too low like I did, you have a base and don't want to lose all you've worked hard for.
    I hear you. It just sucks because I am not a big guy really, guess as you get older it gets harder.

I have been doing cardio every damn morning for the last 3 weeks and while I have dropped about 5lbs I am not really seeing that much of a difference. But it is hard looking at yourself every single day so who knows. My stomach has dropped a 1/2 inch though it is just going sooo slow.

I just can't believe I am going to have to cut down to 190ish to get where I want, I am 200 right now.

I hear you. It just sucks because I am not a big guy really, guess as you get older it gets harder.
    You're bigger than me, so imagine how I feel - being this small and STILL having to worry about cutting bodyfat (and having a helluva tough time doing it too)!

Lifeguard102 is offline Associate Member
    I say that I am 12-15% .
    If correct you are 17-20%.
    Your sucking way in so it may be more.

What is you daily meal plan?
    Find one that is flawless and eat the same thing every day.
    When you get very lean you can change it

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeguard102 View Post
    I say that I am 12-15% .

There aint a chance in hell I am 20%. Gbrice probably has it right at about 16%, I was hoping for more like 14-15 but I trust his opinion.

I eat perfect every day. Rarely have a cheat meal. No alcohol except on rare occasions.

Eggs, lean cuts of steak, chicken breast and veggies with some brown rice make up my daily intake. Whole wheat bread with carved turkey breast for another meal. About 24oz of skim milk a day with my protein powder. And I eat the same...exact...thing....every day.

But the cardio is a new thing, so I will give it a couple months and see where I am at. Clen on the way too that should help. Trying to not lose more than 1.5 lbs a week and seem to be doing that, don't want to lose muscle.

I am pretty impatient by nature want everything NOW LOL but I know it does not work that way. All the fat did not accumulate in 2 months so to expect it to come off in that amount of time is not realistic.

JinNtonic is offline Member
    Sounds like your doing it the right way. Just keep at it.

I am having a hard time with this last 10-15lbs or so I wanna lose.

boyka is offline Associate Member
    17% - 19%
    At least 17%, no way less than 17%.

There aint a chance in hell I am 20%. Gbrice probably has it right at about 16%, I was hoping for more like 14-15 but I trust his opinion.

I eat perfect every day. Rarely have a cheat meal. No alcohol except on rare occasions.

Eggs, lean cuts of steak, chicken breast and veggies with some brown rice make up my daily intake. Whole wheat bread with carved turkey breast for another meal. About 24oz of skim milk a day with my protein powder. And I eat the same...exact...thing....every day.

But the cardio is a new thing, so I will give it a couple months and see where I am at. Clen on the way too that should help. Trying to not lose more than 1.5 lbs a week and seem to be doing that, don't want to lose muscle.

I am pretty impatient by nature want everything NOW LOL but I know it does not work that way. All the fat did not accumulate in 2 months so to expect it to come off in that amount of time is not realistic.
    Thanks for the kind words bro!

I know you're not here for diet advice, and what you listed actually sounds pretty clean and spot on - but now that you are really focusing on dropping the bodyfat, you should consider cutting the skim milk (all sugar) and swapping the wheat bread for a cleaner complex carb. Just my .02

If you do want to work on your diet, feel free to pm me or start a thread and i'll be happy to work on it with you!

I say that I am 12-15% .

Abs start to peak through at around 15% on most people, and the OP is showing a bit. At 20% you wouldn't see anything. I'm sticking with 16% - 17%.

Rockin Z28 is offline Associate Member
    im gonna have to go with 20% on this one..not trying to discourage you just being totally honest, keep working hard brother

Thanks for the kind words bro!

I know you're not here for diet advice, and what you listed actually sounds pretty clean and spot on - but now that you are really focusing on dropping the bodyfat, you should consider cutting the skim milk (all sugar) and swapping the wheat bread for a cleaner complex carb. Just my .02

If you do want to work on your diet, feel free to pm me or start a thread and i'll be happy to work on it with you!
    Milk is my weakness. I LOVE me some milk. I have been making progress though, I used to mix my protein with 100% milk, now I have cut it down to 50% milk 50% water. Next stop is 33% milk 67% water, but I just don't like the taste of protein powder with that much water it just is so thin tasting.

I am working on it and trying to settle for more water less milk but it is hard after all these years of drinking it by the gallon and a lot of it. I know it is a lot of sugar but think I am at a point where it is not making that much of a difference either way. I am trying to limit it though....

Abs start to peak through at around 15% on most people, and the OP is showing a bit. At 20% you wouldn't see anything. I'm sticking with 16% - 17%.
    That is what my rationale is, there is no way you are seeing 2 rows of abs at 20%. Impossible. And again that picture is in terrible light, if you look at the other one I posted later on you can see the difference.

I am not discouraged anyone keep em coming, I know the range I am in just looking for other opinions.

Milk is my weakness. I LOVE me some milk
    I hear you bro, you don't have to tell me twice! You're talking to a guy who used to go through a gallon every 2 days!

I had the same problem as you with the shakes - way too thin with water. I was doing the 50/50 thing for a while, but I eventually stumbled on a powder that tastes great and mixes thick as hell in water - Myofusion! Honestly I can't even picture mixing it with milk; it'd be like a Wendy's frosty or something!

Agreed though, a bit of milk won't make or break your diet, but if you want to REALLY start buckling down, milk is one of those things that has no place in a cutting diet IMO.

I hear you bro, you don't have to tell me twice! You're talking to a guy who used to go through a gallon every 2 days!

I had the same problem as you with the shakes - way too thin with water. I was doing the 50/50 thing for a while, but I eventually stumbled on a powder that tastes great and mixes thick as hell in water - Myofusion! Honestly I can't even picture mixing it with milk; it'd be like a Wendy's frosty or something!

Agreed though, a bit of milk won't make or break your diet, but if you want to REALLY start buckling down, milk is one of those things that has no place in a cutting diet IMO.
    Yeah I guess that is like the MRP packs, they mix thick as well.

Protein powder mixes so thin with just water.

I will have to look into the Myofusion or something down the road.

Im not special. I will compare myself to you though.
    I can say that I am around 12%-15%
    I can't say you are 1% more bf at 16% No way.
    In your side pose you are sucking in so much you are slouching.
    I can't lie dude. you're 20%.
    Google what 20% looks like, and thats not bad either.
    I started at 22% and was built just like you are.
    I cut down fast on a flawless diet.
    I would share it with you in a heartbeat. Just ask.
    No offense. I won't tell you again what I think but you're 20% bf.

Here is what 20% looks like.

http://www.eatsmartagesmart.com/imag...ormation_4.jpg

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...McH98Ab8ld3fCg

I can't post pics directly yet and dear lord is that thread a load.
    Please someone paste this to your browser and imbed the image .
    To the OP who cares kick butt your doin well. Keep it up main!!!

Here is what 20% looks like.

http://www.eatsmartagesmart.com/imag...ormation_4.jpg

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...McH98Ab8ld3fCg

I can't post pics directly yet and dear lord is that thread a load.
    Please someone paste this to your browser and imbed the image .
    To the OP who cares kick butt your doin well. Keep it up main!!!
    Dude look at his stomach, it is literally hanging over his shorts like an inch. No abs visible at all.

None of that on me, not even close. Mine is pretty flat and damn sure aint nothing hanging over.

Here is a little more variety.....

http://www.naturalphysiques.com/cms/...php?itemid=144

BTW I am 5'10 200 and have a 34 inch waist.

This calculator puts me around 13%. For 20% I would be about a 37.5 inch waist.

http://home.fuse.net/clymer/bmi/
    Last edited by bigslick7878; 08-21-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Awesome you're leaner than I am by 2%
    for reference here is my pic.

Here are 2 one at 15% the other at 22%
    I guess you're leaner than I am.
    Awesome work keep it up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yet another BF% check-june-23-2010-2.jpg   Yet another BF% check-february-2010.jpg  

Not sure what all the carrying on is about - now it's turning into a 'my d*ck is bigger than yours' - but really guys, who gives a shit? We're all here for the same goals, so let's help and support each other to achieve them instead over bickering of some dumb ass numbers that are close guesses at best.
    Last edited by gbrice75; 08-22-2010 at 12:56 PM.

One more and I am done....

22.5%,22.0%,20% and 20%/

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/s...ad.php?t=31392
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yet another BF% check-22.5%25-bodyfat.jpg   Yet another BF% check-22%25-bodyfat.jpg   Yet another BF% check-20%25-bodyfat2.jpg   Yet another BF% check-20%25-bodyfat.jpg  
    Last edited by bigslick7878; 08-22-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Smile

Not sure what all the carrying on is about - now it's turning into a 'my d*ck is bigger than yours' - but really guys, who gives a shit? We're all here for the same goals, so let's help and support each other to achieve them instead over bickering of some dumb ass numbers that are close guesses at best.
    Ya wth is going on?
    This is about your progress.
    Why so sensitive?

I think u are on the road to success man! Good work?

This gbrice dude is prob close to 10%. Lookin good too man.

No problems here just honesty.

This gbrice dude is prob close to 10%. Lookin good too man.
    Haha thanks bro, I wish you were right! I just look leaner in that pic due to the pose - honestly i'm about 15% right now. Working on getting down to 10% but also want to build more... still haven't been able to commit 100% either way, so i've been traveling the slow and steady road, trying to balance both goals.

Rhinos is offline Banned
    All this talk about % this and % that.. honestly who cares your losing fat and getting leaner thats all that matters keep it up until you look how you wanna look. Good progress. Also use less water to make the shakes thicker with only water...

Quote Originally Posted by rhinos View Post
    all this talk about % this and % that.. Honestly who cares your losing fat and getting leaner thats all that matters keep it up until you look how you wanna look.
    x2 !!!

strongstiffy is offline New Member
    hey man just found some ****ed up pics onanother forumWTF
    nothing to do with me just posting the pictures someone obviously hate this guy
    Last edited by strongstiffy; 08-29-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I Think your headed in the right direction .
    The more mass you a acquire the more calories you will burn .

Good luck and keep going !
    Dont wanna be old

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    To Strongstiffy :
    I think your behavior is unnecessary and not welcome here .

Please find your IP address on the ban list .

Thread Information