Blackmambaa is offline New Member

Before and After pics, PLEASE HELP, advise/critism wanted!

Hi guys,

I'm new to the board, finally got my account activated, looking forward to some feedback.

I have posted before and after pics of myself.

My stats:

6 foot tall
    Now: 96.5kg (212.3pounds)
    26% body fat (this could be wrong, this is done from my scale which may not be accurate, I did a home test on the net also by measuring my waist and it said I was 21%. Either way its to much!)

Was: 67kg (147.7 pounds) 13% body fat (I think)

As you can probably tell I was really skinny before. My goal was to basically put on as much size as possible (muscle/fat diddn't bother me) just wanted to put on mass!

Anyway I am now a bit down on myself for not watching my diet. Until recently I relised I have put on to much body fat. I was eating to many carbs compared to protein and I feel I could have developed more muscle and less fat had I upped my protein more and cut my carb intake. It was probably like 60% carbs 45% protein.

Anyway, my plan now is to 'hard gain', pretty much cut down nearly all carb intake except for a bit of fuel with complex carbs for breaky and lunch and upping my protein whilst cutting down my total calorie intake by heaps.
    I'm hoping to lose fat and gain muscle (I want a hard body 13% body fat?).
    I'm still increasing weight and reps in my work outs so not going lighter by any means.

My diet for the past month is looking something like:

Meal 1 8:00am
    Lean Protein - 250g Chicken 100g brown rice

Meal 2 11:00am
    Protein Shake 2 scoops

Meal 3 14:00
    100g Veggies, Lean Protein 250g Chicken, 100g brown rice

Meal 4 17:00
    Lean Protein - Tuna 2 x 95gs

Meal 5 20:00 (Before Gym)
    Tuna 1 x 95gs

Meal 6 22:00 (After Gym)
    1 x scoop creatine 0 carbs and 2 scoop protein shake

Meal 7 23:30
    100g Veggies, Lean Protein - 200g Steak

Is this diet sound for cutting and gaining muscle? Or is it still to much?
    Have I got the right attitude?

What do you guys think is a good method for me to cut up and gain muscle and strength of course?

My workout also prior to 2-3 months ago was Max OT
    4-6 reps, 2-3 min rest, 6-8 sets per muscle group
    Only worked out 3 times per week. (Chest/Arms/Shoulders)

For the past 2-3 months i have switched to 7-10 reps instead of 4-6
    Once I can do 10 I increase weight (good switch I think, should have done this from the start, 4-6 is not as good)
    Working out 5 times a week. (Legs/Chest/Arms/Back/Shoulders)

My chest is lacking, every other muscle is getting stronger each week (specially my legs, squats are getting better every week!).
    However my chest has been stuck on the same weight and reps for weeks! Why?
    I think I'm just scared of the bench, my intensity isn't as good as other muscle exercises, I might be trying to lift to heavy also because I'm fooling myself into thinking I can lift heavier than I should cause Im trying to jump ahead, not starting from lighter and good form like all my other exercises and not gaining momentum like I have others. (Does this sound familiar?)
    My chest is to small for other parts of my body in comparison, I HATE IT!

Wow sorry for such a long post, just wanted to get this all of my chest, any feedback would be awesome.

Thanks everyone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Before and After pics, PLEASE HELP, advise/critism wanted!-before-after-edited.jpg   Before and After pics, PLEASE HELP, advise/critism wanted!-before-after-2-edited.jpg  

pavlenko is offline Banned
    looking good bro! keep doing more power movements for mass, thats what u need if u wanna b in the big boii club =)

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    stats sound good, I don't think you are much over 20% bodyfat, I'd actually guess you around 18. No excuses for poor form when building your foundation. Your chest doesn't look behind the rest of the body in those poses. If you wanted to add some more thickness you could try negatives and you could use some work on the uppers, reverse grip bench and incline dumbell bench should bring that up. Everything else looks like you just need to stick with it and it will come.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmambaa View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm new to the board, finally got my account activated, looking forward to some feedback.

I have posted before and after pics of myself.

My stats:

6 foot tall
    Now: 96.5kg (212.3pounds)
    26% body fat (this could be wrong, this is done from my scale which may not be accurate, I did a home test on the net also by measuring my waist and it said I was 21%. Either way its to much!)

Based on your pics, you are nowhere near 20% bodyfat. 15% tops

Was: 67kg (147.7 pounds) 13% body fat (I think)

As you can probably tell I was really skinny before. My goal was to basically put on as much size as possible (muscle/fat diddn't bother me) just wanted to put on mass!

Your pics don't look like you went from 147 to 212, but if that's true not much of it was bodyfat. A few percentage points, that's it

Anyway I am now a bit down on myself for not watching my diet. Until recently I relised I have put on to much body fat. I was eating to many carbs compared to protein and I feel I could have developed more muscle and less fat had I upped my protein more and cut my carb intake. It was probably like 60% carbs 45% protein.

Actually this isn't a bad ratio. I'm sure your problems have much more to do with your food choices, meal/macro timing, and overall calories

Anyway, my plan now is to 'hard gain', pretty much cut down nearly all carb intake except for a bit of fuel with complex carbs for breaky and lunch and upping my protein whilst cutting down my total calorie intake by heaps.
    I'm hoping to lose fat and gain muscle (I want a hard body 13% body fat?).
    I'm still increasing weight and reps in my work outs so not going lighter by any means.

Cutting back on carbs so much is certainly not the answer for somebody wanting to make gains. We'll go over your diet to see what's doing

My diet for the past month is looking something like:

Meal 1 8:00am
    Lean Protein - 250g Chicken 100g brown rice

God bless you if you can stomach chicken and rice at 8am!

Meal 2 11:00am
    Protein Shake 2 scoops

Is this PWO? If not, this meal should consist of real food. Shakes are not meal replacements. 25-40g lean protein, about 40g complex carbs

Meal 3 14:00
    100g Veggies, Lean Protein 250g Chicken, 100g brown rice

Great!

Meal 4 17:00
    Lean Protein - Tuna 2 x 95gs

Anything else? No carbs? No fats? No veggies?

Meal 5 20:00 (Before Gym)
    Tuna 1 x 95gs

Add a complex carb here to fuel your workout. A protein only meal isn't that useful to your body

Meal 6 22:00 (After Gym)
    1 x scoop creatine 0 carbs and 2 scoop protein shake

I'd add carbs here again - maybe 1 cup oats in the shake

Meal 7 23:30
    100g Veggies, Lean Protein - 200g Steak

Good idea to drop carbs later in the day, good meal here.

Is the above meal right before bed? If not, add a casein shake, cottage cheese, or more steak.

Is this diet sound for cutting and gaining muscle? Or is it still to much?
    Have I got the right attitude?

How can we know? We don't know your caloric needs, we don't know your caloric intake, etc. Food choices aren't bad, but we don't know what it all adds up to. Work out your TDEE so you know what you need to be eating to either lose, gain, or maintain. Next time you post up your diet, include all macro info for each meal in the form of P/C/F/total calories

What do you guys think is a good method for me to cut up and gain muscle and strength of course?

I don't see any mention of cardio - are you doing any?

My workout also prior to 2-3 months ago was Max OT
    4-6 reps, 2-3 min rest, 6-8 sets per muscle group
    Only worked out 3 times per week. (Chest/Arms/Shoulders)

For the past 2-3 months i have switched to 7-10 reps instead of 4-6
    Once I can do 10 I increase weight (good switch I think, should have done this from the start, 4-6 is not as good)
    Working out 5 times a week. (Legs/Chest/Arms/Back/Shoulders)

Much better, doing just your upper body is a big mistake. You don't have to limit your rep range. Mix it up - do a week of 4-6, do another week of 8-12 - why short change yourself?

My chest is lacking, every other muscle is getting stronger each week (specially my legs, squats are getting better every week!).
    However my chest has been stuck on the same weight and reps for weeks! Why?

This happens sometimes. I was stuck at the same bench weight for 9 months!

I think I'm just scared of the bench, my intensity isn't as good as other muscle exercises, I might be trying to lift to heavy also because I'm fooling myself into thinking I can lift heavier than I should cause Im trying to jump ahead, not starting from lighter and good form like all my other exercises and not gaining momentum like I have others. (Does this sound familiar?)
    My chest is to small for other parts of my body in comparison, I HATE IT!

There are ways we can bring it up. Post up your exact routine

Wow sorry for such a long post, just wanted to get this all of my chest, any feedback would be awesome.

Thanks everyone!
    See comments in bold above

BUMP for OP! C'mon guys! Nobody has anything else for this cat?

Blackmambaa is offline New Member
    hey gbrice75,,, thanks so much for ur feedback and enthusiasm! I appreciate it heaps man,,, ugh theirs so much I wanna add to the post, when i get a chance I'm going to tally up my calorie intake as u stated as well as post my routine and hopefully we can tweak it to maximize gains,,,, again thanks!
    I'll be sure to work it all out asap....!

Sounds good bro, i'll be looking out for it.

GatorNica is offline New Member
    Looking at your pics first of all you are no where over 20% body fat I would say 15%. Since you are trying to gain muscle mass I think you should keep doing what you were doing before. The diet you post seems more like a contest prep-cutting diet, if you keep this diet your are basically going to drop some weight mostly fat ofcourse, but don't expect to gain any size.. at all. So my advice is to keep doing what you were doing before or add a lot more complex carbs and fats to the diet you posted. Oh and its great that you are working your lower body now.. biggest mistake just to work you upper body. Good luck bro.

Thread Information