JboneRSA is offline New Member

Critique Physique

Howsit.
    Ive been browsing these forums daily for ~2 months. I find the members very informative and knowledgable, and they have a 'no-nonsense' attitude, which is different from other bodybuilding forums out there; I'm sick of the forums trolls! With this in mind, I would like to post pictures of my phsique, and get critiqued.
    I am not currently using any AAS, nor have I ever run a course before. Maybe further down the line when I feel ready and have a sufficient base I will definitely contemplate the idea - one that has been in the back of my mind alot lately.

182cm (just shy of 6")
    85.4 Kgs
    Training on and off 4 years

Diet:
    [Note: I eat at home with my brothers and sisters, so my meals vary]
    Average outline:

8am: Wheatbix cereal + 4 Eggs (only eat 2 whole eggs) / 30 almonds

10.30am: brown wild rice(small portion) + tuna

12: apple + tune + brown rice (small portion)

2pm PRE WORKOUT: whey + more brown rice (medium portion)

5pm POST WORKOUT: whey + small portion carbs (usually brown rice)

7pm: Dinner - usually brown rice/pasta/lentils + meat + lots of veggies (I try eat alot of brocolli, around 10 small tennis ball sized heads)

9pm: Cottage Cheese

My training consists of this split:
    day A: Chest Tris
    day B: Back Bis Traps
    day C: REST
    day D: Shoulders abs
    day E: Quads
    day F: Hams + Calves
    REPEAT

Lately I have been doing alot of cross-fit training. Recently I have upped my cardio and opted for higher reps higher volume training simply because I want to lean out and drop a lot of body fat and get more proportional.

Please comment as to what bf% you think I am, and suggest I good HIIT or cardio method to best drop fat without losing muscle.

http://img521.imageshack.us/i/backyo.jpg/

http://img508.imageshack.us/i/frontdoubleb.jpg/

http://img716.imageshack.us/i/frontraised.jpg/

http://img163.imageshack.us/i/trisb.jpg/

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Welcome to the boards man!

Ok, we're here to be honest, right? So don't take this as me trying to knock you - but after 4 years of training, I think you should have a much better physique then you do. I'm not saying you have a bad one, don't get me wrong. It's obvious you workout, and you look better then a huge percentage of the population - but in a gym you wouldn't really stand out.

You are way too young to consider AAS, and i'm glad you haven't gone that route yet. Work on getting your diet and workout routine in check. I'd have to put your bodyfat at around 15%.

@gbrice75: Thanks man! No worries, I guess from what my introduction says I should have a better body; but I am young, and throughout those 4 years Ive partied hard, drank alot, stopped training for intervals as long as 3 months. So I shouldn't really be saying things like that... but my experience has accumulated over 4 years I appreciate the critisism.

I really reckon i need to work my traps. My legs are small but strong, and they are the muscle group I am focusing the most on.

Im very dedicated and have a strong will power. I will be posting updates every now and then..

Keep well guys, thanks for the friendliness!
    you guys rock

Quote Originally Posted by JboneRSA View Post
    @gbrice75: Thanks man! No worries, I guess from what my introduction says I should have a better body; but I am young, and throughout those 4 years Ive partied hard, drank alot, stopped training for intervals as long as 3 months. So I shouldn't really be saying things like that... but my experience has accumulated over 4 years I appreciate the critisism.

I really reckon i need to work my traps. My legs are small but strong, and they are the muscle group I am focusing the most on.

Im very dedicated and have a strong will power. I will be posting updates every now and then..

Keep well guys, thanks for the friendliness!
    you guys rock
    Hey, that's all understandable bro. You wanted to be a kid and live your life, i'm all for that. When you're really ready to buckle down and make a big commitment to this, you will!

My advice would be to stick with big compound movements for now, to bring up your overall mass. Bench Presses, Squats, Deads, Dips, etc. Don't bother with cable crossovers and tricep kickbacks right now!

Ok so I was hoping to update you guys at the end of November with some awesome pics, but things have gone a little differently to how I had originally planned: I have been sick with a chest infection for the past three days, but I will be back in the gym on Monday. I have been making solid progress, I went up to 85.6Kgs (morning empty stomach) and dropped 2% BF, I was starting to see some slick abs, but it all went haywire when I got sick... so upset!

@gbrice75: I'm fully ready to make a commitment to this lifestyle and the past month is a representation of it. The rewards I have been seeing are incredible; my shoulders have popped, legs have gotten far more bulky and I can clearly see my quads... :P

Anyways, instead of rambling on with passion, I need some advice: I recently read online about German Volume Training and it seems like a good method to jump into on monday, do you guys agree - if youve never heard of it, read here ( http://www.simplyshredded.com/german...-strength.html ) In the past month I have really been focusing on compound movements and this method can help me better my lifts.

Also, Ive found a diet which a friend recommended, and I again need your advice; it is a carb cycling diet:

Example: Week 1
    Day 1 MONDAY high carb (train)
    Day 2 TUESDAY moderate carb (train)
    Day 3 WED low carb (morning cardio)
    Day 4 THUR high carb (train)
    Day 5 FRI mod carb (train)
    Day 6 SAT low carb (morn. cardio)
    etc.

Some weeks will have high, moderate, low, moderate, moderate in that respective order. This is just to give you a general idea of the concept which you guys are probably aware of already...

The High carb days' marcros: 293g Carbs - 288g Protein - 32g Fat TOTAL CALS 2598
    Moderate days' macros: 113g Carbs - 283 Protein - 57g Fat TOTAL CALS 2085
    Low days' macros: 69g Carbs - 291g Protein - 84g Fat TOTAL CALS 2157
    ***These are all averages***

Im a regular dude... I gain weight easily and can lose it just as fast... regular metabolism. Im not sure what body type I am.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    At your age and stats you need to not focus on any one bodypart, you need to train your entire body hard and heavy three times a week. You have the chemical production to put on mass quickly at your age, and that is what you should do, without adding bodyfat. I gained 33 lbs in 8 weeks on the program I am recommending for you when I was 21 years old and I am not anywhere near as tall as you. After two months on this "High Intensity" program you will then be able to consider focusing on bodyparts which may be lagging behind. Could you imagine putting on 20 plus lbs of muscle in 2 months, absolutely naturally?

I of course agree with GB's assesment of your physique and also commend you on staying natural. I will always tell you to gain all you can that way, max out your potential, before even considering AAS, and you should be able to make gains for ten years or more naturally.

My $.02, welcome to the best forum anywhere and get ready to get huge.

Thanks for the comment. I back you on that because I remember I followed a three day split for awhile and I had solid gains. What about the diet? is it effective - I want to get to about 8-11%BF

EDIT:
    I know I wont be able to stay out of the weightroom with a 3 day split... so Im going to continue my normal split which conincides with my friends which is helpful when needing a spot.
    Last edited by JboneRSA; 10-31-2010 at 02:44 AM.

sambud is offline New Member
    nice

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    photo #4 tells me you are on the path to success! hang around here and keep learning and stay natural and you will build a FANTASTIC FOUNDATION with your millions of natural hormones which are raging in your body right now....take your edge! and you will fly!
    also: here is a tip and I am serious: try to go to bed between 10-12 pm to raise your own natural growth hormone pulse. Your circadian rhythm responds the best to this TIME of sleeping...and it happens in the first couple to few hours of sleep especially between 10-12....gives you a lot of growth hormone production during this time.
    KEEP up your good attitude! You came to the best place!

weknowbobbito is offline Junior Member
    looking good. keep it up

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Good start bro keep it up.

cwc5569 is offline Junior Member
    Good job bro. Keep it natural and work hard

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    You look pretty good for 19 years old, just a little fat in the stomach. Even though you posted your current diet I have a hard time believing at 19 you have stayed on it for the past 4 years so you don't look that bad.

Higher reps will do nothing for fat loss, it is all cardio. Drop the reps and up the weight and do more cardio preferably separate from your workout.

But if you start eating some real food you look like you will pack it on pretty easily. And screw all that up/down all around different amount of carbs every day. Just pick a decent diet and stick to it and not make it so complicated.

No abs at all you have to be 17% minimum right now probably more.

Update!

Hello forum!

Sorry for being out of the loop for so long! December holiday was a blast! I did live it up a bit but all-in-all I maintained a healthy lifestyle (with not too much alcohol consumption :P)

Here is where I am at now. My legs were my biggest weak point, and I have done alot of work to get them to where they are now, and still they are a weakpoint; in school my friends used to call me "chicken legs"; a combination of bad genes and lack of work!

Please tell me what you think. Im working hard!

http://img59.imageshack.us/i/flexym.jpg/

Regards
    Jbone!

P.S to any haters who might ask why I have blurred out my face in this photo: I have re-uploaded all my bodybuilding.com bodyspace photos with blurred faces since I want to keep my identity private =)
    Last edited by JboneRSA; 02-20-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: struggling to insert image

Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Looking big! Major difference. Keep it up!

Thanks Bigd89!

I haven't been following any special/set diet. I have been doing alot more cardio, either in the morning as I wake or in the afternoon (HIIT). When I reach a desired bf% Im going to bulk again. My training experience has exponentially increased over the past couple of months. I was doing an adapted Serge Nubret program: high volume, and it was yielding results. My training partner at the time said I have incredible genetics to grow; He sticks to a perfect diet, doesn't go out, cheat (Mac Donalds), yet I do all those things on the odd occasion and I seem to grow fast. Maybe I do have good genes

I will update you guys with a photo when I feel it is appropriate to.
    Thanks for you comments, they fuel the fire!

Regards
    Jbone

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    good size for 19. need to start doing cardio. 30min 3-4 times a week and keep your diet clean, much easier to make lean gains and not worry about dieting hard to lose fat. cant really pick out what 'weak' parts you have, you just need to thicken up overall and be sure to train every bodypart the same. good luck

bruary17 is offline Member
    really good progress bud, keep it up!

Thanks everyone!

Looks like a definite improvement over the last pics from what I can tell, good job! Bring them wheels up now!

Thumbs up

Update!:

Im eating clean. Complex carbs throughout the day; on the days i dont do too many activities i lower my calorie intake (by mostly lowering my carbs and good fats, sometimes having to forgo some protein). Upped the cardio! Almost everyday except on days when i high carb to get some energy back! Sometimes i have a cardio session consisting of HIIT or i do a 20min mid-high intensity post-workout sesh.

Feeling good!

bf lowering forsho!
    heres ab (with favourable lighting q:-D )
    http://img858.imageshack.us/i/absfav...elighting.jpg/

Can someone please explain as to how i can display photos directly on my posts, ty

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    Bf% is coming down man, good job.

mperk is offline Member
    Nice work man. You got some great advice already, all I can say is stick to the big compound moves and eat big and clean. Your caloric intake seems low to me. Also go for fast digesting carbs after your workout and save the brown rice for earlier in the day. Make sure that cottage cheese is non fat and eat plenty to keep your body fed at night. This is a great time for you to make some serious gains. Go for it!

And try to limit your drinking if you can to 1 or 2 mites maximum, also lose the fast food (mcDonalds) it's garbage. Garbage in = garbage out!

FLdave is offline New Member
    Nice work with the cardio man! the abs look way better for sure...

oldschoolfitness is offline Associate Member
    like someone already said stick with the big movements. i am 30 and have found myself going back to those and i have been very pleased with the progress (guess somethings don't change) lift for strength weight, reps, or both and eat lots of food. partying some here and there is not that big of a deal so stay young and get big. good luck

DeFelice is offline New Member
    Great Improvements! Looks like you've been workin hard. I think it you grow those lats you'll have a much bigger look as well as your legs. Sounds like you're on the right track.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Look well

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Definately fantastic improvements great job.

On the photos thing I made a Word file for this it gets asked so often,

How to post a picture 101 by FFM
    1 Publish the picture to the web, Use a service like photobucket to publish your picture to the web.
    2 Go to the picture in photobucket that you want to post and open it to the size you would like to see it on Steroid .com usually around 70% is good.
    3 Now right click the photo and on the menu select properties, this is the web address of your photo.
    4 Copy the web address to the clipboard on your computer.
    5 Now go to the thread where you want to post your picture and select the post picture icon ( the 4th one from the right on the bottom column.
    6 Now paste the web address from your clipboard into the space provided.
    7 That’s it as complicated as it sounds it’s really not it’s just a lot of typing, once you know how to do it the whole procedure of taking a photo from your computer publishing to photobucket and inserting the web address (URL) into the insert photo dialogue box takes less than a minute.
    FFM

A quick note on cardio for fat burning, the first 15-20 minutes of cardio you body is utilizing the sugar in the bloodstream for fuel so its burning very little fat. Because of this its a lot better to set the level on your cardio machine of choice to a level where you can do at least a half hour preferably 40-60 minutes that way you will burn a lot more fat than doing say 20minutes at an aggressive pace. It is still a good idea though to do a level of cardio that gets you into the upper 1/3 of your heart rate for your age at least twice a week though so don't neglect the heart either.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 03-27-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Thread Information