Darksyde is offline Member

A Natural pic for the hardgainers

I am posting this for all the ectomorphs that think being a hardgainer is a bad thing.
    this picture is me before ever trying any PH or AAS, at ~28 yrs old and 210 pounds.
    I consider myself an ectomorph/hardgainer because: before i got serious about lifting and diet i weighed about 150 soaking wet, at 6'1, standard skinny type guy. at 23 years old i still weighed that much. i was plenty active skater/snowboarder/paintball/pickup sports player, had gym memberships for a while here or there, worked out with buddies in their backyard weight sets etc. still weighed 150. It wasnt until i got Serious about eating a lot of the right stuff and working out consistently that i started gaining weight. this started when i was 23, and for the first few years i didnt gain more than 10 or 15 pounds. but i kept at it, never stopped training and eating mass quantities, and ~5 years after dedicating significant time to this endeavor week in week out i had gotten myself up to 210 pounds, still pretty lean.

i see too many kids starting steroids thinking they have hit their wall, thinking at 175 they cant grow more without gear, thinking 'im an ectomorph i cant gain weight' etc. steroids are not candy. they definately have negative effects as well as positive.

being an ectomorph is a great thing. eat and train right and you will turn into a muscle building calorie consuming inferno of progress. and then with the right base one cycle of gear will give you dramatic results.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sticky!

Nice work OP

BIGMAC250 is offline Associate Member
    props bro!!!!!im the complete opposite of you and ive been waiting to see somebody post a pic thats my hight and is at the point ive been trying to get to....i wasnt sure what a lean 210 looks like on a 6'1'' frame. ive got more to look foreward to now cause i thought it would look skinny, but i was wrong.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    props mayng! hard work and good genes. i think the hardgainer is an underestimated bodytype. you train till you puke like everyone else but you just gotta eat hard too. im also natural, and have seen alot of gains with the work ive put in but if i dont seriously watch my caloric intake i can put bad weight on pretty easy. not to say my body type does not have its advantages..but everyones got a good hand if its played right, you just gotta work with what youve been dealt, accordingly.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    great post and great genetics.

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    Looking good man, i think people use 'im a hard gainer' too much as an excuse for not working so hard!!

You obviously worked hard and look man, well done

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Excellent post, and you look great bro!

I feel like i'm in a unique position; i'm a fat hardgainer. I can't seem to put on any quality muscle like a hardgainer, yet unlike a hardgainer, I put on bodyfat by blinking. A bulk diet will never work for me because of this (my diet is very clean, i've worked it out for almost a year now).

When I cut, I really don't seem to drop much bodyfat, but always wind up looking small because I hardly have any muscle to begin with. I wish somebody with my bodytype would make a similar post!

Apanda is offline Junior Member
    If I could just look like that. Wrestling screwed me up from 18 years of cutting weight. Motivation to keep at the gym though! Looking good man.

sean_holland is offline Associate Member
    Looking good my friend, and a real smart post for other 'hard gainers' to check out. The glass ceiling is something you can usually break through and plateau a few times over before you actually 'need' the assistance of AAS. People are just quick to take the 'easy' route instead of putting in the hard dedicated time that someone like yourself clearly has.

Much respect to the OP.

Darksyde is offline Member
    thanks for the compliments guys, although this picture is something like 6 years old. i was hoping just to provide a reference for all the blokes who think being an ectomorph or 'hardgainer' means you can't put on weight without drugs. like tank said its all about figuring out how your own body works and using your strengths. and then putting the time in. i wish i knew when i was 18 what i learned by the time i was 25. i didn't have forums like this to get all this info like people do nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksyde View Post
    i didn't have forums like this to get all this info like people do nowadays.
    This is a blessing and a curse IMO. There is SO much information available, and so many conflicting opinions/suggestions, it could drive a person mad. Especially for a newb looking to get his feet wet... all of this info can be daunting and cause a person to feel overwhelmed and give up.

o-lineman60 is offline Junior Member
    Now if only we could get a picture of a 6'6''+ fat guy who got ripped, that would be great....

Mar-Vell is offline Junior Member
    You arent an ecto man, classic ectos has thin wrists, youre far far away from being an ecto...
    I am an ecto, and was a hell to build only 160lbs(had +-100) for my 5'6 just dieting with my crappy 6.5 inches wrists (= shi.tty genetics)
    I plan to reach 175lbs to start cycling but i really see that near inatingible

BennyLom is offline Associate Member
    I don't think you are (were) ecto either, but you look to be in great shape regardless.
    Having said that, it's not as simple as you and others make it out to be ('m saying this based on having trained for 10+ years and still looking like I just starded a year ago, regardless of diet).

SEAviator is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post

I feel like i'm in a unique position; i'm a fat hardgainer. I can't seem to put on any quality muscle like a hardgainer, yet unlike a hardgainer, I put on bodyfat by blinking. A bulk diet will never work for me because of this (my diet is very clean, i've worked it out for almost a year now).

When I cut, I really don't seem to drop much bodyfat, but always wind up looking small because I hardly have any muscle to begin with. I wish somebody with my bodytype would make a similar post!
    I can feel you brah Im similar.........

But dont worry, Im gonna post a pic of myself in a few years!!

SEAviator is offline Junior Member
    OP you looked jacked man.. incredible.. inspiring.. serious

lets see a pic after cycling.. hulk?

ProEvoDanny is offline Junior Member
    excellent work

deuce24 is offline New Member
    very nice

ray0414 is offline Member
    genetics. 99% of people do not have those genetics. definitely wicked!!

Quote Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
    genetics. 99% of people do not have those genetics. definitely wicked!!
    I'd agree, you seem to have excellent genetics. That's not to take away from any hard work you've done though, again, great job!

the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

sounds a bit like myself !!! i know exactly how you feel mate, its frustrating as hell !!!!

Ive tried many a diet, but i must say the best approach for me has been moderate carb/low fat, it makes metabolism high and stops muscle loss...

to the op, great proggress, very inspirational ...

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Great pic man, however you are not a true ecto... Glad to hear that you unlocked the combination to your body though.

senorsalt is offline Associate Member
    excellent physique. keep it up llokin great and great inspiration for fellow skinny

noMuscles is offline Junior Member

This sounds just like me, haha.

chanelta76 is offline New Member
    wow
    nice results
    can u share with all your diet and type of training?
    will be a great help for all the hardgainers who always says i can gain more weight what can i do....

phrenetic is offline New Member
    Yeah seconded, would love to see one of your training cycles and sample diet for the times you packing on the lean muscle

Looking good bruz!!

goldtravel is offline New Member
    Great work man, if you could post a diet that would be awesome.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Looking great!

stpete is offline Banned
    Good pic man, keep up the good work.

rsnake21 is offline Junior Member
    very encouraging

swllce is offline Associate Member
    Very inspiring post.
    My stats are 37 yr old 5'11'' 197 17%bf
    2 years ago i was 215ibs.One day i just got sick of not being able to tie my shoes without feeling like i was going to pass out.
    I went down to 187 .While lifting though i lost muscle aswell as fat! bummer.
    I am now slowly regaining some of that lost musclemass.
    But i wonder at 37 (by no means old)Can ones body produce results like yours?And if so ,how many years of hard work will it take?

Cousinbutch is offline Associate Member
    Look good bro, hard worker.

People really take the genetics excuse too far, "hard gainers" are usually just lazy about dieting.

(or they're consistently over-training)

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I love to hear when someone encourages people to not cycle until they have reached their natural peak. Great pics and advice.

cephalos is offline New Member
    he is defenetly ecto...but he is got some mesomorph in him too....look at his wrist they are ectomorph wrists, also the hands and fingers, althou i can only see the thumbs they look very ectomorphic...yet, his elbows and pelvic bones have some trace of mesomorph...ill even dare to say that the mesomorph is his mom and his dad is an ectomorph males usually inherit through genetics their father's hands and wrists which means that any mesomorphic traits must come from the mom or sometimes a combination of both.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    looking great

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    I have a harder time getting the weight off of me then putting it on lol.

When I first started lifting some years ago I gained 20 pounds just from supplements and the gym. no diet nopers.

theBONEman is offline New Member

made me laugh

im sorry guys, first letme say you look f-great man, theres many who work hard and never look like you,, awesome !!! you paid ur dues !! now about ectos, i dont think 2 many even know what it really is, take a good look at frank zane, now take away his ten or 20 or more yrs of training, now his many yrs of steroid etc yr s of steroids and you got me, theboneman!!! ectomorph.. see that guy in the gym, the one training right, eating right and hes still thin thats the real deal.. the guy who said skinny wrist hit it on the nail,, i trained my whole f-life, from 18 till 43. i weigh 175 with 5 meals in me, thats right ectos wake up 3-5 lbs lighter ev morn. u dont know what ecto is till ya wake up and see ur gains gone cos ya metabolism ate it up in ur sleep. zane wuld of been nothing wout the shit, well he might of got arnolds towel 4em,, what im sayin is ectos r so hard 2gain, that pic looks classic meso morph,, infact training 4 five yrs and weighin 210 ripped like that, ur not eco,, im on 600 mgs dr. presc a week and cant gain like that ive put a total of 35 lbs on in my life yea i could go up but it would b puffy, my body wont let me do it, i always reach a point i cant break, i seen alot of guys train 4 alot of yrs and ectos (natural ) dont get much acomplished.. sorry but thats the skinny on that. haha. yea diet, rest bla, bla bla. my names bones 4a reason. i boxed in prisonand weighed 118, thats aids victim stats,haha im 5-9 or 510 seen guys in prison blow up and guys look the same afta yrs of trainin, i worked in the kitch so i ate good and like clock work i remem eatin 36 eggs a day and so on an on u get me point.. guys ive cycled on and off many times many combos my peak was 193 on the shit, i liked the pic of the kid with no kneck ,, hes natural.. haHAHA WELL I BLEW MY LOAD I REALLY LIKED READIN ALL UR STUFF 2NIT i hope i didnt offend anyone that wasnt my intention, but if i did, then please go see a shrink, cuz u got issues bro real f-issues...... later all u ectos,, mesos,, an endomorphics

Thread Information