I.Muscle is offline Junior Member

Can i get a BF% estimate please?

I made a thread here back mid july (pic on the left) you guys estimated me at 18-20%. The 2 pics on the right are from tonight, am i around 14-15% yet? The back pic isnt that great cause i dont have a self timer on my camera so i cant pose properly. Stats 19 y/o, 5'8'' 165-166lbs, what weight would i need to get to, to be pretty cut up?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can i get a BF% estimate please?-mid-july.jpg   Can i get a BF% estimate please?-front-9-28.jpg   Can i get a BF% estimate please?-back-9-28.jpg  
    Last edited by I.Muscle; 09-28-2010 at 06:44 PM.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    18-20% in the first one is exactly what I would have said.(leaning more toward 20%)

Probably still 17-18% in the last two.
    Last edited by bigslick7878; 09-28-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    18-20% in the first one is exactly what I would have said.(leaning more toward 20%)

Probably still 17-18% in the last two.
    18%? I give up

Quote Originally Posted by I.Muscle View Post
    18%? I give up
    Don't give up, getting into the 15% and under range is HARD WORK for a lot of people, myself included.

A couple months ago I thought I was around 15%, but got a rude awakening when I was pegged around 18% or a little more.

I did not "give up", I told myself I was going to bust my ass and do cardio whenever I had the chance and clean up my diet as best I could. Now I am in the 15% range, but still want to get it to 12%. It gets harder as you go along, just have to push through it.

You will get discouraged. You will get pissed off when you stall out a little bit. But you have to remember if you are doing the right things in time it WILL pay off.

Rockin Z28 is offline Associate Member
    i can honestly say i see 0 difference between the two pics besides better lighting in the up to date ones..however i would put you more at about 15-16% in both sets of pictures anyways

Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    Don't give up, getting into the 15% and under range is HARD WORK for a lot of people, myself included.

A couple months ago I thought I was around 15%, but got a rude awakening when I was pegged around 18% or a little more.

I did not "give up", I told myself I was going to bust my ass and do cardio whenever I had the chance and clean up my diet as best I could. Now I am in the 15% range, but still want to get it to 12%. It gets harder as you go along, just have to push through it.

You will get discouraged. You will get pissed off when you stall out a little bit. But you have to remember if you are doing the right things in time it WILL pay off.
    Yeah i see what your saying. Im just frustrated as **** 8+ weeks i been bustin my ass, counting every calorie i put in my mouth like a mental case, 4-5 cardios a week and lifting as heavy as i can. Somehow managed to drop 2% body fat, just fuking dumb

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    These guys are nutz... I CAN TOTALY SEE THE DIFFERENCE MATE!!! look at his chest and gut in the first one.. he has lost atleast 5-8 lbs of fat.. i put you at 18-19% in first one and 15-16% in the new ones.. good work man, keeo it up.. what syour diet like bud... what are your goals?

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Yeah i see what your saying. Im just frustrated as **** 8+ weeks i been bustin my ass, counting every calorie i put in my mouth like a mental case, 4-5 cardios a week and lifting as heavy as i can. Somehow managed to drop 2% body fat, just fuking dumb
    2% in two months is great.. i wish i could drop 12% (30lbs) of fat in a year

The first pic im flexing, the 2nd front shot is relaxed. I dropped a lot of chest and ab fat over the weeks.

Thanks Machine, i thought those estimates were a little high too. I have a slightly visible 4 pack and slight adonis belt definition, granted theres fat to be lost but 18% i think is high.

My diet is 200g protein, 130-185g carbs, 100g fats. All clean foods and low GI carbs, i dont want to drop calories yet id rather burn them off. I want to spare as much muscle as possible. I'm trying to cut down to 10% bodyfat right now, i figured it be around 155lbs or so

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Sorry, but I agree with the majority here. Not much of a difference between the pics. I can see a SLIGHT improvement, but it's not blowing me away.

Don't feel badly bro, this shit is difficult, i'm going through the SAME thing right now - i'm at around 16% or so and desperately trying to reach 10%. I have a long road ahead, but I am not going to give up. Neither should you. We could sit here and tell you what you want to hear, but then what motivation would you have to actually truly reach your goals? The truth hurts - but it should also motivate.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    PS - fats are way too high IMO, and this could be part of your problem. Try and design a diet that looks more like a 40/45/15 or a 45/40/15. At your caloric intake, fats should be at 65g MAX imo.

Thanks Machine, i thought those estimates were a little high too. I have a slightly visible 4 pack and slight adonis belt definition, granted theres fat to be lost but 18% i think is high.

My diet is 200g protein, 130-185g carbs, 100g fats. All clean foods and low GI carbs, i dont want to drop calories yet id rather burn them off. I want to spare as much muscle as possible. I'm trying to cut down to 10% bodyfat right now, i figured it be around 155lbs or so
    Whoaa...

100g of fat a day???

That needs to be around 40g, no wonder progress is slow. (especially at your weight, what 170 or so??)

That needs to be cleaned up.
    Last edited by bigslick7878; 09-28-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Im very carb sensitive, so im gonna probably drop carbs to around 120g per day. Im already eating 200g protein a day...if my fats aren't up there ill be eating pretty low calories. I dont want to be cutting on <2000 calories a day ill probably eat up all my muscle and strength.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Seriously??? Dude you are 19 years old and only weigh 160 lbs at 5' 8". Eat the way you eat right now and lift hard and heavy for four years and I promise you the muscle you build will burn the fat and you will be a freak. Protein, creatine and water for that time and chart your progress every month, you will be blown away.

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    I agree if your going to eat 100 grams of fat a day you need to lower the carbs. Or lower the fat and up the carbs.
    Last edited by slimshady01; 10-04-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    i wish you luck man, tweak some stuff around. and write us up a good story in the lounge like you use too

SergeantCarbs is offline Associate Member
    This thread is a month old now but I wanted to leave a comment.

Pic's are nice for looking at long term overall progress from beginning to end but I'm not a big favorite of using progress pics (or even mirror) as a way to judge consistent progress. I know for me that losing a single bf% point averages about a 1/2" off my waist. So sitting here and trying to judge whether your a couple % lower or not is pretty hard to judge when we might be talking about only a 1" waist difference. Keep taking & posting your pics but I would also add (and prioritize listing your waist/abs size with each). This is where you will see the progress from week to week, at least until your a lower bf where each percent lost will show a more dramatic change.

Cheetah is offline Junior Member
    Agreed, i use calipers at least you can track "somewhat" the difference- the pics/mirror is also good you gota love the way you look or work harder

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    im saying around 14-15% imo

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockin Z28 View Post
    i can honestly say i see 0 difference between the two pics besides better lighting in the up to date ones..however i would put you more at about 15-16% in both sets of pictures anyways
    i thought 15 first glance as well...lift heavy bro...youre right around the corner

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    you say you diet good and train hard with cardio session.

are you sure your not lieing by sneaking in cheat meals too often?

not trying to flame you. we all know how hard it is to lose fat. cause most get cravings for junk.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by t-gunz View Post
    you say you diet good and train hard with cardio session.

are you sure your not lieing by sneaking in cheat meals too often?

not trying to flame you. we all know how hard it is to lose fat. cause most get cravings for junk.
    mmmmm junk food

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    ^^^lol

Thread Information