Hempfieldhunter is offline New Member

New Member! My Before and After, BF? Dunno How Accurate BF Scale is...

Hey Guys-
    Here they are! I've put a lot of work into this! On Week 4 of P90X now, Just looking to get into shape, and then clean bulk from there. Natural all the way (at least for a LONG A$$ time to come!). But for now the goal is tone up. My BF scale says 28% in second pic, and I think it was 31% in the first pic. What do you guys think?

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    The only thing you should be using the bodyfat measurement on the scale for is to track progress, they usually are not that accurate in general. But progress can be monitored.

I think the 28% is probably close for the second pic maybe a little less, and the 31% might have been a little low in the first. I mean we are talking about a 47lb loss here you HAD to lose more than 3% being that high.

Take measurements around your stomach and track those too. Same time every single day, preferably in the morning before you eat.

Keep up the hard work.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Awesome work Ginger!

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Great work bro keep it up.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Great job! I can't wait to follow your progress, I love these kinds of threads. I agree with Bigslick - 2nd pic sounds about accurate, 1st pic is DEFINITELY over 31% - closer to 40. So again, excellent work keep going!

oldschoolfitness is offline Associate Member
    good job bro glad to see hard works paying off. and they say everything you see on t.v. is fake ha.(p.90x)

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Great job bro, keep at it...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

SergeantCarbs is offline Associate Member
    Congrats on your progress.

I think it may be around 28% now but no way you lost near 50lbs and only went down 3% in body fat! I dont take to much stock in those scales... in the last 20-25lbs Ive lost my scale percentage hasnt budged at all despite shedding inches from my waist. I dont think tape measuring provides a fully accurate bf % either but I do think it is more consistent, there's no arguing if your waist is shrinking or not with the tape measure.

Go get one of those bodpod bf tests if ya want to see where your at. There are locations in Malvern, Allentown & West Chester

Hempfieldhunter is offline New Member
    Thanks Guys!

It wasn't all P90X, But it is a great program, if you do the work! And its not easy! I start the next section of it next week, so we'll see what happens there, I'll post up 60 and 90 day pix also. My diet is GOOD, but trying to bring in more protein, now I just eat LESS, but it end up being a lot of carbs... ugh! So i'll keep bringin it!

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    nice work - bet you already feel 100% better about yourself!! keep it up

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hempfieldhunter View Post
    Thanks Guys!

It wasn't all P90X, But it is a great program, if you do the work! And its not easy! I start the next section of it next week, so we'll see what happens there, I'll post up 60 and 90 day pix also. My diet is GOOD, but trying to bring in more protein, now I just eat LESS, but it end up being a lot of carbs... ugh! So i'll keep bringin it!
    Post up your diet in the diet section and we'll take it from GOOD and make it GREAT!

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Great job! I can't wait to follow your progress, I love these kinds of threads. I agree with Bigslick - 2nd pic sounds about accurate, 1st pic is DEFINITELY over 31% - closer to 40. So again, excellent work keep going!
    This^^^

Thread Information