Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member

Lower Head Issue (Picture)

For those of you that have known me for a while, I am 100% genetically fvcked when it comes to triceps. My middle head grows somewhat, where as my outer and lower heads make ZERO progress. I’ve accepted the fact that the outer is never going to grow (after trying numerous methods and close gripping 315 for reps---I’ve lost all hope.) However, I am hoping if someone could make a recommendation for a tricep routine that mainly targets the lower head…
    Over the past few weeks, I have had an A and B tricep routine, and I rotate them each week.

A.) Close Grip Bench, Weighted Dips, Rope Push Downs
    B.) Reverse Grip Bench, Skull Crushers, Heavy DB Over The Head

*Rep ranges and sets change constantly. I’m NEVER going to have big arms, but any advice on how to target/blow up the lower head? (I will eventually use Synthol properly, just do not have the bank role atm).

Thanks!
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 11-09-2010 at 05:28 PM.

Sorry..picture is being a pain in the ass and not working

Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    Sorry..picture is being a pain in the ass and not working
    Should work...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lower Head Issue (Picture)-handcuffs.jpg  
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 01-08-2013 at 12:03 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Hey bro, I feel your pain on lagging bodyparts. I don't have delts OR lats to speak of - try living with that!

That said - I don't think your tri's are as bad as you seem to. Not to question your form - but are you vertical when you do dips, or are you leaning slightly forward? Have you tried bench dips instead of parallel bar dips? How about the dumbell over the head exercise except with an ez curl bar instead (basically seated skull crushers except going behind the head)?

I'm sure you've tried all these, just throwing out suggestions that I didn't see posted. Although sets and reps change constantly, what do you go to most often?

On another note - i'm sure i've asked before, but where in South Jersey are you?

I always try to stay pretty vertical when doing my tips, trying to eliminate as much lower chest as I can. I remember trying the EZ bar over the head, but never felt much from it. But what the hell, I'll try it again...cannot hurt anything

I grew up one town away from AC and lived there most of my life. Moved up to North Jersey about two years (Couple miles North of Newark..) How about yourself?

I always try to stay pretty vertical when doing my tips, trying to eliminate as much lower chest as I can. I remember trying the EZ bar over the head, but never felt much from it. But what the hell, I'll try it again...cannot hurt anything

I grew up one town away from AC and lived there most of my life. Moved up to North Jersey about two years (Couple miles North of Newark..) How about yourself?
    How about the bench dips?

Wow, no sh!t? I grew up in Elizabeth bro, also a couple miles outside of Newark. Bought a house in Middletown 5 years ago, near the PNC Bank Arts Center. Much different, so quiet lol! What town if you don't mind me asking? PM if you don't wanna say it here.

Used to do bench dips but I felt that the range of motion was really restricted. I may give them a go again. good pump.

Elizabeth, ahhh, I've heard stories about that place, lol. I live in Little Falls, small town, near Clifton/Totowa.

Used to do bench dips but I felt that the range of motion was really restricted. I may give them a go again. good pump.

Elizabeth, ahhh, I've heard stories about that place, lol. I live in Little Falls, small town, near Clifton/Totowa.
    When I do bench dips, I go down to where my butt almost touches the floor - or as low as I can without shoulder pain. I get a good burn from them.

LoL yea, Elizabeth is a sh!thole. I know exactly where Little Falls is - I used to install phone systems and did plenty of jobs in the area - Wayne, Fairfield, etc.

Yeahhhh Elizabeth is rough. I used to fill in and bounce at a club there my Freshman year. Club Malibu or something? Gave that up and now I work the clubs in Paterson/Newark...not much nicer of an area, lol.

You bounced a club in Elizabeth and lived to tell your story! Congrats!

Yea lol you went from one dump to another!

weknowbobbito is offline Junior Member
    still no picture

MrGreen is offline Member
    I know this is off topic but I just took a cab from woodbridge monday and the driver was telling me about how he had just gotten robbed. LOL Damn Jersey is tough everywhere. I have been working in the Tri state area for 9 and a half years now and seen a lot! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
    I know this is off topic but I just took a cab from woodbridge monday and the driver was telling me about how he had just gotten robbed. LOL Damn Jersey is tough everywhere. I have been working in the Tri state area for 9 and a half years now and seen a lot! LOL
    LoL! Yea, it's a sucky area in general. Jersey has some really nice areas, but they're always surrounded by shit holes. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    LoL! Yea, it's a sucky area in general. Jersey has some really nice areas, but they're always surrounded by shit holes. It's weird.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. OR the towns are 1/2 and 1/2. Take Bloomfield for example, when coming off the Parkway, if you turn right- Little Italy...If you turn Left- Harlem, lol.

Couldn't have said it better myself. OR the towns are 1/2 and 1/2. Take Bloomfield for example, when coming off the Parkway, if you turn right- Little Italy...If you turn Left- Harlem, lol.
    lol exactly! Then of course you have places like Paterson - just 100% dump.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    For me at least triceps grow from full ROM and higher reps 8-15 for example

I think mine grew from doing regular benchpress aswell

Pushdowns
    Scull crushers
    One arm lying extensions

Thread Information