119gold is offline Junior Member

My left bicep peaks more than my right

Hello all, as stated my damn left bicep is far superior to my right one. I think this is odd because i am right handed..I have been focusing more on my right arm for a few months now (ex: extra reps, only using my right arm when using barbells)..but this hasn't helped me really.. any suggestions on what i could do?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0316.JPG 
Views:	21208 
Size:	419.3 KB 
ID:	112925
    Last edited by 119gold; 12-15-2010 at 08:58 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Believe it or not, it is often the case that people are actually stronger/bigger on the side that isn't 'their side'. I'm righty, but am stronger with my left arm.

As for your bicep, I wouldn't worry about it. It's more noticeable to you then to other people, especially untrained eyes. I would work on bringing up your overall mass, get both arms bigger, and reevaluate after putting on 15-20 more lbs.

Brewster is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Believe it or not, it is often the case that people are actually stronger/bigger on the side that isn't 'their side'. I'm righty, but am stronger with my left arm.

As for your bicep, I wouldn't worry about it. It's more noticeable to you then to other people, especially untrained eyes. I would work on bringing up your overall mass, get both arms bigger, and reevaluate after putting on 15-20 more lbs.
    bolded

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post

haha yeah i've only had a handful of people bring it up to me. The rest of the people I have brought it up to myself. Thanks for the advice!

Littleirishman is offline Junior Member
    my left bicep is seemingly stronger then my right one too, and im right handed !

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey man... I am on the same boat as you. My right arm measures extra 1.15 inch more than my left! Which is a lot.

I think it will even out over time as I started to lift heavy weights for the barbell curls and other biceps exercises. On barbell curls doing 115lbs my right arm is doing fine but the left is struggling quite a bit. I believe that since the intensity for the left arm is much greater than it is for the right, the left arm should eventually catch up as the right one will not be growing nearly as quick since the intensity would be quite low for the right arm.

Just keep training and see what happens.

Ramaudio_inc is offline New Member
    I have almost the same issue. both my arms are the same size.. but left has more definition and a better peak... i dunno.. my arms are decent size.. but here is a pic.. strange eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramaudio_inc View Post
    I have almost the same issue. both my arms are the same size.. but left has more definition and a better peak... i dunno.. my arms are decent size.. but here is a pic.. strange eh?
    interesting..i havent measured my arms, so i don't know if thats my case..but i'll get on that!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramaudio_inc View Post

Be better if we could see a real double bi front and/or rear pose! =)

WastedTalent09 is offline Female Member
    My left bi peaks higher than my right as well! Im right handed even, so what the frick!? haha. Ive found
    that throughout the day while doing day to day things trying to use my right one more can actually help.
    Little things you dont think about ie carrying more groceries on your right side when bringing the weeks
    fewd in. Or flex your right bi more in between sets during bi lifts. If your right arm is your dominant arm,
    maybe change your tandem to iso ratio to more iso lifts? Be consious of what youre doing at work even
    with your left bi... I used to be a CNA and lift up eldery ppl and i always used my left arm... but i switched
    and started using my right, it was harder to do and felt awkward, but it started to even out just a bit actually.
    Last edited by WastedTalent09; 12-17-2010 at 10:50 AM.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with wasted talents ideas, I have been trying to do a lot of stuff left handed, seems like if you only use the left arm at the gym it will develop a more gym like shape???

To the OP your left shoulder is also more developed than your right, this stuff is normal (mine is the other way around) in 95% of people one side is bigger than the other. While I feel its ok to try to use the non dominant side more in daily life don't try to compensate for it at the gym. This can work backward and also can cause imbalance injuries. Just go ahead and work your body hard with no preference given to either side, this in time will help to even out the difference (to a large degree) as the one side is different due to using it differently in daily life so the more growth and change you get from the gym the further you will get from the original lopsided build IMHO.

Good luck,

FFM

Thread Information