gettingthere is offline Senior Member

GT's cutting log - Lets do this

Time for a new log, the old one is available here for those interested: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...1-Progress-log

Iv started this new log as i think its important to state this is a new start for me, the old one was not a dissapointment, but i dont want to have any failure in my log.

I will be cutting for a minimum of 6weeks, which may lead on to 8-10 weeks, this will be pretty hard cutting and am expecting to feel like crap after a week of it, but powering on through is the main goal and the results in a few weeks will only spur me on. I have not got my camera as i am in college, but i will post the pics from a few weeks ago, not a lot has changed, maybe a tiny bit more body fat.

My diet will be very low on Carbs with my main carbs coming from Oats etc with my shake. KP helped me....basically did the diet for me and i am sure it will work with effort. I do have doubts about myself and cardio and always have, i hate it, always will but i will do it and am determined to not start this summer off the same way i always do and be afraid to take my top off at the beach.

Ok these pics pics are from the start of the transformation competition which i had to pull out of at the end of January.

Workout and diet schedule are a couple posts below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GT's cutting log - Lets do this-t1.jpg   GT's cutting log - Lets do this-t4.jpg   GT's cutting log - Lets do this-t2.jpg   GT's cutting log - Lets do this-t6.jpg  
    Last edited by gettingthere; 03-13-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Diet schedule and workout plan on post #8
    Last edited by gettingthere; 03-13-2011 at 12:56 PM.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Good luck bro

Cheers mate, this time its for real!! aint no going back, feeling good after the gym, getting cardio into action is the main thing, i dont need to lose weight as such, more along the lines of carving up the fat

Feeling pretty good, only three days back into it but feeling ok!! yesterday during my cardio i got a little out of breath a bit quicker than normal and got tired quickly, maybe its the lack of carbs im taking in?

Either way feeling ok

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    my first day back after about 4 months yesterday.

lets get it done, i go to dominican late may and want to cut up a hell of a lot for then.

maybe along the way we can discuss diets and different routines. pm me

Thats cool mate, my chest is in bits still and i trained it monday, in real pain but its pretty good to feel it!! think in 5 days iv lost in the region of 3 to 4 pounds, maybe its just water but none the less feel a bit better. All about the diet for me, cheating needs to be nearly completly cut out or kept to once per week

Feeling good a week in, know i need to get the cardio more on track but diet has been good and training has been difficult getting back, recovery times a bit longer than before.

Stats are:
    Weight: 192lbs
    BF: Not sure, working maybe at 17-20%
    Height: 5ft 10
    Goal: Cut up for summer....for good

I will be working with a schedule somewhat like this for training

Sun: Back and Ab's

Mon: I play soccer, though in goal i get some running in at 5pm in evening, so conisder it LIC

Tue: Chest and Tri's, 30mins interval cardio of 1min all out, 1min 30secs normal pace post workout (followed directly by whey shake)

Wed: Again i have soccer in the evening at 5pm so LIC for about an hour

Thu: Shoulders and Bi's, again followed by Interval cardio of 30mins

Fri: Legs (I HATE legs, and before work on a saturday its a killer but after a while hopefully it will be ok)

Sat: Rest day....well work

Fasted cardio for me to be fair and honest seems a black point, if its possible then i will but it kills me to get up and do it. Hopefully the cardio post training will be ok.

My Diet again is thus:

Meal 1 (07:00)

3 whole eggs & 6 egg whites (scrambled)
    1 tbsp peanut butter

Meal 2 (09:30)

1/2 cup plain yoghurt
    2 Fish oil caps

Meal 3 (12:00)

1 large chicken breast
    1/2 cup greens (beans, brocolli etc.)

Meal 4 (14:30)

6oz fish (salmon, talapia or basa)

Workout

Meal 5 (17:30, PWO)

whey protein shake (2 scoops) w/ 1/4 cup ground up oats

Meal 6 (19:30)

1 1/2 chicken breasts

Meal 7 (22:00, bedtime)

1/2 cup plain yoghurt
    2 Fish oil caps
    1/2 scoop whey protein powder

Feel free to advise and critique what you see, i am open to all suggestions and am hoping to get cut up nicely.

Here pictures literally 15 minutes ago, 1 week in

Cheers for all support
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GT's cutting log - Lets do this-004.jpg   GT's cutting log - Lets do this-002.jpg   GT's cutting log - Lets do this-005.jpg   GT's cutting log - Lets do this-001.jpg   GT's cutting log - Lets do this-003.jpg  

Last edited by gettingthere; 03-13-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Best of luck man.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Keeping an eye on this bro

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    You seem very determined. I like that. I will be following your progress.

Day 8

Yesterday i had 2 cardio sessions playing football, one in the afternoon and 1 at night, about 2 hours apart in fairness. The first soccer i played mostly in goal so no huge cardio done except jumping up and down off the ground and getting hit with the ball. Second session i played a lot outfield so got some nice cardio in there, i like cardio when theres something to do instead of blasting running on the treadmill for 30mins.

So im feeling pretty good, diet not to bad to keep to at all, luckily. Training today is chest and Tri's, followed by 30min interval treadmill which i am not looking forward to but will go through it. All in all feeling better already, maybe its muscle memory or just im lucky feeling better this quick, whatever it is wont make me too cocky until the job is done

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    get your cardio done 1st thing, empty stomach, slow-medium paced, enuf to pant a little. x4 pw 50-70mins a session. and yes its a pain in the ass BUT if you want this badly and a tad faster you will do it, i actually look forward to it now. just get outa bed and hit it, 10mins in and you will feel great, jack3d and the ipod help me ALOT with morn cardio

tbh, id be taking those oats in my 1st meal and have a trickle of carbs with each meal up until 1600

dont do bi's and delts together, do your bi's on back day and abs with your delts. delts and bi's 2getha can equal injury.

im a month into my cut now and i can assure you i'd be going crazy if i was restricting carbs tht much mate, you need some, the weights will feel very heavy and jarring if you're too low and can end up discouraging you big time, feel around for the right amount

i wouldnt say you've alot of fat on you and you will shape up in no time with the muscle developing
    Last edited by dec11; 03-15-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    get your cardio done 1st thing, empty stomach, slow-medium paced, enuf to pant a little. x4 pw 50-70mins a session. and yes its a pain in the ass BUT if you want this badly and a tad faster you will do it, i actually look forward to it now. just get outa bed and hit it, 10mins in and you will feel great, jack3d and the ipod help me ALOT with morn cardio

tbh, id be taking those oats in my 1st meal and have a trickle of carbs with each meal up until 1600

dont do bi's and delts together, do your bi's on back day and abs with your delts. delts and bi's 2getha can equal injury.

im a month into my cut now and i can assure you i'd be going crazy if i was restricting carbs tht much mate, you need some, the weights will feel very heavy and jarring if you're too low and can end up discouraging you big time, feel around for the right amount

i wouldnt say you've alot of fat on you and you will shape up in no time with the muscle developing
    Cheers for the support and advice its very much appreciated.

Ya the diet may need abit of tweaking, right now its ok and i dont mind it but the weights do feel a little heavy, i thought it was something to do with being out of the gym for a month but at the same time it could be the lack of carbs in me. I may add some sweet potato into the mix at meal 3, and maybe at 2! I wont be adding it in though after workout session except for oats in the shake.

Morning cardio certainly i feel is the key for me, although cardio is general is a big thing for me. I havent too much fat to lose, its basically a matter of tightening it all up and off i go. Whether that takes 6weeks or 8 weeks or even 12 (i think i will be good to go by then), il stick with it. Iv done this before and done ok...but ok aint good enough.

On the workout tips, i was looking at that and i think your right, i always did bi's on back day but was going to change it up, probably best i stick to back day so, injury is the last thing i need!!

Just to update is Day 9
    Cardio at 5pm this evening with football

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    Cheers for the support and advice its very much appreciated.

Ya the diet may need abit of tweaking, right now its ok and i dont mind it but the weights do feel a little heavy, i thought it was something to do with being out of the gym for a month but at the same time it could be the lack of carbs in me. I may add some sweet potato into the mix at meal 3, and maybe at 2! I wont be adding it in though after workout session except for oats in the shake.

Morning cardio certainly i feel is the key for me, although cardio is general is a big thing for me. I havent too much fat to lose, its basically a matter of tightening it all up and off i go. Whether that takes 6weeks or 8 weeks or even 12 (i think i will be good to go by then), il stick with it. Iv done this before and done ok...but ok aint good enough.

On the workout tips, i was looking at that and i think your right, i always did bi's on back day but was going to change it up, probably best i stick to back day so, injury is the last thing i need!!

Just to update is Day 9
    Cardio at 5pm this evening with football
    yeah, you have to rem tht delts stabilize bi's when curling etc and tht tendons connect the two, you can injure these easily trainin em together.
    good luck and kp us posted

Day 11

Yesterday was St Patricks day and i would have lost my friends if i didnt go out with them lol!! This means that my cheat meal for Sunday has been cancelled and strict diet and extra cardio to be put in place this week.

Feel pretty good, weighed in this morning at 188, unsure of the accuracy of the scales, that puts me at a loss of 4lbs. I feel lighter and think i look as though i have lost a little. Getting used to the strict diet is getting easier, pushing myself a bit more in the gym would be nice though, i seem to give up a bit quicker so just going to push it a bit more for that extra rep

BTW estimating a show of abs when flexing at around 175lbs, thats 13lbs away, so i think from now im looking at an average of 2-3lbs loss a week over the next 5-6weeks, i think thats entirely doable, new pics will probably be next Friday or Saturday.
    Last edited by gettingthere; 03-18-2011 at 12:10 PM.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    keep up the good work

Ok i got some advice on my diet although nobody has come back to me on this newly proposed diet. Adding in some more carbs seems important as the lack of energy would not be good. Feel free to give advice and critique this one. I need to get it right, each day im not eating perfect is a day that im not reaching full potential. Also looking by next friday to be around the 185lbs mark to keep on target

Morning
    5 Egg whites (2 whole) Pro 24g Carbs 2g Fat 9g
    Whey Protein Shake Pro 24g Carbs 1.6g Fat 1g
    With half cup of oats mixed in Pro 5g Carbs 27g Fat 3g
    2 fish oil capsules Pro 0g Carbs 0g Fat 2g

Meal 2
    6oz chicken breast Pro 36g Carbs 3g Fat 6g
    4oz sweet potato Pro 1g Carbs 22g Fat 0g

Meal 3
    6-8oz chicken breast Pro 36g Carbs 3g Fat 6g
    Sweet potatol Pro 1g Carbs 22g Fat 0g

WORKOUT

Meal 4
    Whey protein shake Pro 48g Carbs 3.2g Fat 2g
    With half cup of oats and maybe a banana Pro 5g Carbs 27g Fat 3g

Meal 5
    Steak Pro 42g Carbs 0g Fat 16.7g
    Sweet potato Pro 1g Carbs 22g Fat 0g

Meal 6 before bed
    Casein protein shake Pro 36g Carbs 4.5g Fat 0g
    2 fish oil capsules Pro 0g Carbs 0g Fat 2g

Total: Protein: 259g Carbohydrates: 143.3g Fat: 50.7g

Total Calories 1036 protein + 573.2 carbohydrates + 456.3 fats = 2056.2 calories

Blog Entries
    diet looks good, i personally would leave the banana out at meal 4.
    and meal 1 id have all my protein derived from egg white and use just a minimal amount of whey powder to flavour the milk and oats.

most importantly, learn to listen to your body and add or take things out of your diet.

Thanks Dec, ya the banana wasnt really a major thing for me anyway. I usually just blend my oats into my shake, easier for me to get them down and quicker.

I didnt train this weekend as i felt a bit down and i suspect that was from the lack of carbs, still now weighing in at 188/189, hopefully by the end of the week il have cut 2-3 more lbs to keep on target. New pics up next weekend aswel

Blog Entries
    Thanks Dec, ya the banana wasnt really a major thing for me anyway. I usually just blend my oats into my shake, easier for me to get them down and quicker.

I didnt train this weekend as i felt a bit down and i suspect that was from the lack of carbs, still now weighing in at 188/189, hopefully by the end of the week il have cut 2-3 more lbs to keep on target. New pics up next weekend aswel
    yeah, tescos are doing their own brand oats at the mo for 1 euro a kilo, lasts me a week and theyre cut really fine, just fire em into the shaker (without the mesh) and down the hatch.
    i wouldnt go posting up pics so often mate, maybe every 5wks, gives you a long run and short goals to attain, ppl are just gona say they dont notice much diff and it can be off putting. dont forget that your weight can stabilise with losing fat and gaining some lean weight so go by the mirror more than the scale, if by the scale at all.

tht downer anything to do with a piss up on the 17th, by any chance?

yeah, tescos are doing their own brand oats at the mo for 1 euro a kilo, lasts me a week and theyre cut really fine, just fire em into the shaker (without the mesh) and down the hatch.
    i wouldnt go posting up pics so often mate, maybe every 5wks, gives you a long run and short goals to attain, ppl are just gona say they dont notice much diff and it can be off putting. dont forget that your weight can stabilise with losing fat and gaining some lean weight so go by the mirror more than the scale, if by the scale at all.

tht downer anything to do with a piss up on the 17th, by any chance?
    Can i ask you this, when scooping oats into your shake, how do you measure them? iv got advice before because when people say half a cup then its different for us. I always seem to just put in half a scoop from my protein scoop....which is probably way off the mark. Its madness i dont know that at this stage.

The downer i am imagining is exactly something to do with the 17th, it was a long hard day at the office alright haha

Blog Entries
    Can i ask you this, when scooping oats into your shake, how do you measure them? iv got advice before because when people say half a cup then its different for us. I always seem to just put in half a scoop from my protein scoop....which is probably way off the mark. Its madness i dont know that at this stage.

The downer i am imagining is exactly something to do with the 17th, it was a long hard day at the office alright haha
    just find 50grs of oats on a kitchen scale in a coffee mug, you'll get to know visually how much to scoop up in the mug

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Traps,shoulders, and arms are coming in keep the cardio going and watch the diet you will tighten up quickly.
    Also what time is meal 5 want to make that a pro/fat meal...jmo
    Looking good keep it up

just find 50grs of oats on a kitchen scale in a coffee mug, you'll get to know visually how much to scoop up in the mug
    For me 4 scoops with my protien powder scoop equals 1 cup works perfectly if I want a half cup it's 2 scoops

I hear you on the am fasted cardio but it has made all the difference in the world for me I dropped 13 lbs and 4% in bf in 7 weeks. Do it if you can no one said this was gonna be easy and fun but if you want it bad enough you have to get it, no excuses GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED lol...

Cheers MBMETC, exactly nobody said it was going to be easy, and it sure as hell isnt but has to be done. It motivated me when i see other people in the gym and also housemated that i know that they may go to the gym, they may eat some good food.....but im getting it at the right time and i know im on to a winner.

Tommorow morning i will be out of bed and gone by 7.30am

Cheers MBMETC, exactly nobody said it was going to be easy, and it sure as hell isnt but has to be done. It motivated me when i see other people in the gym and also housemated that i know that they may go to the gym, they may eat some good food.....but im getting it at the right time and i know im on to a winner.

7:30 you lazy focker I get up at 5:30 to do my cardio...lol

Blog Entries

thts the stuff, get tore into it!!!

Just back from training, chest and bi's (not much bi's as i was tired as hell)!

Definatly feel like i have lost some weight, feel a bit smaller and my housemate said i looked as though i lost weight, but i guess feeling smaller is to be expected when your cutting. I have some more cardio through football this evening. All in all im feeling pretty good, definatly feel im hitting the 2lbs target for this week, keeping size is also an aim though, i hate when my arms get a bit smaller

Came home from college today, and weighed in at 184lbs, lost up on 4lbs this week, it might be around 3lbs though!! Feel good, kinda feeling small but to be expected i guess.

Had my cheat meal tonight instead of Sunday, training tomorrow and looking forward to it

Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Subscribed, goodluck mate.

Thank you!!

Day 18
    Back and Tri's today, felt pretty good!! I slipped up this evening when my mam had cooked some pizza and i had that for dinner, im not going to let it get me down though. Feel like my arms are smaller than they should be, but thats to be expected like i said before i guess.

Hoping my abdominal area starts toning out a bit more soon, going to be training them twice a week now. I may post pics tomorrow evening. Then after that it will be probably once every 3-4 weeks

Ok so Day 19

Updated pics as of 10mins ago, feel i can see slight differences in last set of pictures, feel ok!! Kind of a tough weekend, not bad though!! Shoulders tomorrow and looking forward to that, goal for next week is to lose 2lbs

Please note: I appreciate everybodys comments on here i really do, but i do not wish for people to use my thread as an excuse to raise their post count. I appreciate that if you see change then you tell me, if not then tell me...im here to win not to be treated like i should be told what i want to hear. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GT's cutting log - Lets do this-006.jpg   GT's cutting log - Lets do this-004.jpg   GT's cutting log - Lets do this-005.jpg   GT's cutting log - Lets do this-002.jpg   GT's cutting log - Lets do this-003.jpg  

I'll say it again, traps and shoulders are clearly your strong point. Your mid section is looking good starting to see some ribs. Your doing good keep it up. Arms and chest will look bigger in a couple weeks and some more pounds down.

Day 27

Ok update for the log. Still going pretty good, feel leaner and also fitter than on previous occasions, nailing the diet on weekends is more of a problem than it should be, maybe its coming home from college and seeing the fridge packed with forbidden stuff, not over indulging though and am on track i feel. Looking at Baselines final pics are motivating and to all the contestants of the comp have motivated me more to get the job done.

Feel i am on course with my studying and have some sort of routine going which is good right now. Pics up in 2more weeks, going to push hard this 2weeks so the new pics are more of a change

Thread Information