OGMonster is offline New Member

Introducing myself :) Is it too late for me? age 37

First I'd just like to say hello to everyone! I'm new here and pretty much just getting back into the weights. I eventually wanna get into some competitions but that may be out of the question considering I'm already 37 years old lol. Either way I'd like to gain mass and look good Been pretty athletic most of life but got lazy in my 30s. Always weighed about 150-155 lbs since high school. I've been working out hard 3 times a week for going on 2 months now (Always did push ups though on the regular. can do hundreds lol) my avatar is me about 4 months ago @ 154 lbs. I have no idea what my body fat is. I have been taking BSN cellmass and axis br for 4 weeks, true mass protein for about 6 or 7 weeks. My weight yesterday was 171 lbs which I'm sure reflects a lot of water weight as I drink a gallon per day. Eat between 3000-3500 calories per day as well. My goal is to be at least 185 "after" a cut lol. When would be the best time for me to start my first cycle and what do u guys recommend? Thanks for viewing and all opinions are welcome!

pics about 2 weeks ago. stomach gained a few lbs as well lol. I figure once I start sum cardio it should be cool though. Also I think a lot of it is water.
    Last edited by OGMonster; 03-23-2011 at 03:03 PM.

sorry for big pics lol. trying to figure out how to resize em lol.
    Last edited by OGMonster; 03-23-2011 at 02:56 PM.

snowman is offline Senior Member
    looking good bro....its never to late and you are not old....as for starting a cycle, i would wait, because you only been working out for 2 months, mean while read and learn about cycles, there is a lot of information on this forum...
    IF you decide to do a cycle, and assuming that will be your first cycle ; test E/ c would be good enough for you, even at 400 mg for 12 weeks; i would not stack it with nothing else for first cycle...

kelevra is offline Member
    You certainly got something to work with and Hell no 37 ain’t too old. Well I hope not due to my age of 35. I also think early to mid 30 is a nice safe time to start AAS use. Unless you don’t have all the baby making out of the way. As long as general health, lipids, liver, and heart are good, you’re clear for takeoff.
    For the actual start of the cycle you really need to have diet in order before hand. Or you truly are just spinning wheels. You’ll want to make your time, effort, money, and gains worth it. There are some real knowledgeable fellers in the diet section to help clean up things and steer you away from too many protein supplements. Good natural proteins, clean carbs, and healthy fats are better than any AAS cycle.
    Good Luck

Thx! I figured I probably needed a lil more time in the weight room before a cycle lol. I've been lurking the site for awhile now taking notes though lol. I still got a ways to go before I understand it all. I don't plan on giving up so one day when my body is ready I will give it a try Thx again!

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i agree with the others, pay ur dues in the gym and get a nice base started before starting aas.

you did the right thing coming on here asking for advice.

lookin good for your age

BoredIRL is offline Associate Member
    Welcome

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Its never to late welcome

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Look again at your pics then answer your own question...

Anything other than an resounding "NO" is bs! Looking great man, keep it up.

The Wolfman is offline Senior Member
    Looking good man, and its never to late, never

Thx everyone! wasn't sure I was even capable of gaining much as I hadn't really lifted in years lol. Been sticking to my routine in gym. Just moved from 3 to 4 days a week so I could hit the chest twice. Also weight went from 154 to 175lbs (as of Monday) Thx to BSN true mass and cellmass lol. also take axis ht and a multivitamin. Really can't see a difference myself but everone around me seems to think so lol :-) Thx again for the motivation everyone! o love the site! lots of great info!

[/IMG]
    stomach gettin a lil bigger as well lol, wondering if I should stop bulking and start cutting? no idea what my bf is.

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    you look solid and I can see the outline of your abs, with water weight. you look about 15% ish bodyfat.

Looking good I agree!

bruary17 is offline Member
    Stomach getting big my ass... I can clearly see your ab outline. Def a nice base to start with. Welcome to the best forum out there.

oldschoolfitness is offline Associate Member
    you're in better shape than most of the dudes in my gym!! keep working; set some goals and achieve them. after some good solid training (natural maybe 1-2yrs just my opinion) a cycle wouldn't hurt anything i could see only benefits for ya so good luck

Blog Entries
    you look good man already nice and lean...keep working hard and gaining natty for a while longer and in the meantime reasurch aas and pct so when your ready you will have a good grasp of what it takes to do it right...i myself didnt try aas till 36yrs old after 6 years training natty so its never too late bro...hit it hard and stick around and keep us all posted in your progress...goodluck...

1bigun11 is offline Associate Member
    Whatup? Thirty-seven is kinda young compared to me at 49, but you will possibly be ok. You wil never, however, be as pretty as me. LOL.

J/k brother. I have no doubt you will do fantastic!

Nice tats too by the way

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Lmao, you look like a white dude in the original pics, goes to show ya what sh!tty lighting can do! Still looking good in your most recent pic bro... i'd say less than 15 but definitely holding a ton of water.

Jarvis is offline New Member
    Hi OGMonster,
    It's good to know about you and your goal. You will found old members in this forum also and as you are getting your goal so you are not old to start this program.
    When are you planning to participate in a competition?

I figured I would need at least a year or two before I even think of competing lol. My legs are too skinny lol. Thx everybody for all the kind words and motivation! So u guys recommend I keep bulking or start cutting for awhile? stomach looks a lil bigger from side view lol. Doesn't really bother me yet though, especially now after hearing the comments about some of it being water weight I was scared it might not ever go away though lol. I have started doing about 30 mns of cardio (15 mns treadmill and 15mns cycling) 3 times weekly (after workouts) Is this too much cardio for bulking up?

@ gbrice75 and 1biggun11 I'm Lmao!

still at it! :)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0164.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	118416

don't know why pic came out small lol...

1bigun11 is offline Associate Member
    damn bro. You are looking very good. Your hard work is showing. What are you weighing now?--and you are leaner too!

Thx! I'm at 180 on the dot. Think my stomach is slightly bigger lol. I still drink a lot of water so I'm hoping some of if is water weight. My goal is to get to about 200 and then start cutting off some of the fat I've gained. its been hard too lol, had a few set backs, had a pain in my right forearm from doing preacher curls that lasted months still not 100% either. I mean it hurt to even lift the water jug lol! didn't stop though just dropped weight a lil. Trying to get as big as I can naturally before my first cycle it'll be a full year in gym for me in Feb.

May try a cycle around march 2012. Only test I'm thinking with a ai. Then clomid/nova for pct. I was wondering what the ideal bf% is to start a bulking cycle? Thinking maybe I should cut a few months before starting? Really been scared to cut lol. Scared I might go back to being 155 lbs and lose all the hard work lol.

gillchase is offline New Member
    Nice bro - hope for us old timers

Thread Information