hulksyndrome is offline New Member

20yr old natural - seeking advice

Sup guys. I'm new to these boards. From what I've heard, the people are cool around here and the info is pretty accurate. So I'm glad to be here.

Looking for a bf% guess / advice for what I should to with my physique. I plan on getting on stage some day.

Age-20 / natural
    HT- 6'
    WT- 248
    I've lifted for 7 years - bodybuilding for 1 year.
    Started this journey at 285 pounds.

kelevra is offline Member
    Nice base IMO. I’m not good a guessing so I’ll leave that to someone else. Keep doing what you’re doing. Continue to experience and learn what works well for your system. Most of us think we are there, then something changes and we are ignorant again. Learn the ends and outs of how your body responds to carbs, fats, and high pro diets. Don’t let yourself get carried away with over bulking. (FAT). Don’t buy into stupid gimmick routines. Don’t worry too much about being the HEmAN Overlifting will cut any bodies goals short. So will injuries that will result from over training. Be mature and scientific in your approach to these areas. I would stay completely away from PH and away from cycling for a few years. Make sure that this is truly the way you want to go. Then you can examine your maturity level, experience level, and goals to decide if cycling is the way or if a continuance of NATTy is the path for you.

Above all, be mature and eat right
    Good luck

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    bf looks around 15% in first picture (im not a good guesser but you are holding a lot if you want to bodybuild). my advice is you need to start cutting, its MUCH easier to ass lean muscle when you are LEAN than to do so when you are at where you are now and expect to add muscle when in reality you are adding more fat than you need to.

glad to hear you are natural, should keep it that way.

post your diet in the diet section, if youre interested in bodybuilding you should ask fireguy or mikeXXL a few questions, guys are on point with their advice.

good luck

thanks guys. appreciate it

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Welcome!

Excellent base, you have good size going for you. I'd say bodyfat is in the 15% - 18% range (looks higher in the first pic). You would look great at sub 12% - so clearly you should cut IMO. BUT don't make the mistake of dropping calories too much and burning through your LBM; just drop bodyfat slowly and continue to maintain or even slowly add mass in the process. Adding some extra cardio might be all you need.

Post up your diet in the diet section if you'd like the guys to comb through it. Good luck!

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Very good size, especially for your age and being clean. BF is probably in the high teens, I will reiterate what the others have already stated and suggest you keep getting leaner. You still have too much bodyfat to really assess what areas you need to focus on.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Legs look good which is a great start. Upper body needs to be focused on now. Like Gbrice said, hit up the cardio and clean up your diet and youll get some great results.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Thanks everyone. I will continue cutting for at least 10 more weeks and see where I'm at there. I should be down 14 pounds at that time (hopefully) but we'll see how it goes.

Anyone know of a good source for a competition schedule/results site?

J. Cole is offline Associate Member
    great work my friend keep it up diet is key!

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    I'd say 17% body fat, you have a great base good luck

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by hulksyndrome View Post
    Anyone know of a good source for a competition schedule/results site?
    NO SOURCE CHECKS!! lol, jk bro. Fireguy actively competes and might be able to help you out.

charcold is offline Associate Member
    Im gonna bump for input on this^^^.

OP looks really solid for your age. Far better than I did!

I want to catch a show or 2 over the summer, but google-ing around has me digging through shows from around the world.
    Last edited by charcold; 05-03-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: revised order

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    def look like 15% bf! nice natty base man

Thread Information