Enz0 is offline New Member

BF% Estimate please

Hey guys. I posted on this forum over a year ago. I just need some guesstimate of the bf% that I am at the moment. I went back to my country Honduras for almost a year and stopped going to the gym. I've been back and hitting the gym monday-friday for the past 3 months. Here are 3 pictures. I would like a guesstimate on the 3 of them just for my own curiosity of knowing where I was before and where I am now. I know that they might not be the best quality or lighting on the pics but thats all I really got.

In these 2 I was weighing 130 pounds and 17 years old. I ran track and went occasionally to the gym.

This is how I looked right before I left back to my country and stopped going to the gym. Weighed 165 at 19 years old.

This is how I currently look at the moment. Weighing 160-162 at 20 years old(6 months from 21).

Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Your recent pic I would say 13-14% bf.

csavage0 is offline Member
    I would guess 14

Alright thanks, 14% seems like a pretty good estimate. I've lost 7 pounds the last 2 weeks. I'll make a thread with my progress as I go reducing BF :]

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah 14% is probably a pretty good estimate.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    14-15

csavage0 is offline Member
    Your not fat so take your time and keep size. I myself have dropped a lot of weight quick and lost a lot of fat free mass and fat mass and end result was what I call skinny fat and that's the big no fun

Its been 9 days since I made this thread. I have dropped 3 pounds in 9 days which I hope isn't too fast of a rate. I currently weight 159 lbs. I'm guessing I'm still in the 14% bf range. These are the pics I took in the morning. Maybe they don't show much difference cause its only a 3 pound drop but I'm still posting them to keep track.

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    The id say 14% bro... Keep it up! Nice and steady losses is the key!

Its been about 13 days since I last posted. Been trying to reduce bf slowly. I have dropped down to 155 lbs since then but It seems like my abs are becoming a little more visible. I've gone from running 6 miles to 8-10 miles 4-5 times a week depending on my work schedule. Maybe I'm down to 13%? Any opinion/guiding is welcome. Heres my progress:

Last edited by Enz0; 05-21-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Its been about 2 weeks. Currently weighing between 153-155 depending on the time of the day. I'm glad that I have lost weight without having to sacrifice strength. Been running 8-12 miles 5 days a week at a 7:30 pace per mile. I'm afraid that I might be burning some muscle mass instead of fat. I run at that pace because otherwise my body doesnt break a sweat and I wont feel like I had a good run. Heres some pics takes recently.(sorry for bad quality. Have to use my blackberry :[ )

Wheels: Never really worked out legs before until 2 months ago. I've always had skinny legs but they seem to be getting a little fuller now.
    http://i51.tinypic.com/2co3eh3.jpg

Is the bf% still the same as when I started or has it slightly dropped?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Looks to have slightly dropped, keep doing what you're doing. But for God's sake man, can you take better pics?

warren916 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    But for God's sake man, can you take better pics?
    LOL...

Getting leaner for sure. Keep it up.

My brother took these pics today after our workout at the gym. Maybe they are a bit clearer than other ones.
    I read an article which was somewhat similar to carb cycling except that they do 2 days low complex carbs and refuel on 3rd day. Started that 2 days ago and Ive felt lighter throughout the day.

This is how I started :

And this is the progress so far:

I know im lacking on the 2 bottom abs but I'm not sure if its because my body fat is still too high or because I don't work them out directly. Any advice would be helpful.
    Last edited by Enz0; 06-07-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Been running 6 miles at a 8 minute 30 second pace with a 40 pound weight vest on. I started running with the vest because I would run 8-12 miles and barely sweat or feel tired. Now with the vest, I'm already sweating by the first mile and my legs keep a good burn all throughout. Maybe it'll also help me add a little mass to my skinny legs.

JCabral is offline New Member
    keep it up bro

Thanks! Started taking creatine a week ago. I feel a little heavier maybe cause of the water retention but all my lifts have slightly gone up and I definitely feel more endurance.

GGot FFina? is offline Associate Member
    I could definitely see the difference in the BF %. Keep up the good work and make sure your diet is good. IMO, running 10 miles a day you have to be eating good or you will start to burn muscle for sure. Keep up the great work, and keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by GGot FFina? View Post
    I could definitely see the difference in the BF %. Keep up the good work and make sure your diet is good. IMO, running 10 miles a day you have to be eating good or you will start to burn muscle for sure. Keep up the great work, and keep us posted.
    Yes, quite a few people have told me that. My arms went down half an inch when flexed so I'm guessing I lost some muscle mass. I've added more carbs to my diet and have slowed down my running pace to a fat burning zone. I have managed to get back up to 159-160. I'm gonna shoot to get up to 170 while keeping the bf somewhere in the 12-14% range.Here are 2 pics I took yesterday weighing at 160.

Next time I post pics, I will try to get to 165 and will also take pics of back and leg. My legs have always been skinny but I have working them hard. Vascularity and definition are looking decent in my calves.
    Last edited by Enz0; 06-23-2011 at 01:29 PM.

bonosmate is offline New Member
    good work man

Thread Information