Twin is offline Associate Member

How much more pounds to gain would you guys say before I go on a cut?

delete
    Last edited by Twin; 05-29-2011 at 11:34 PM.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    how old are you?

Why do u want to cut.... a specific holiday or something?

You look young.... IMO you should just continue to master your training and diet.... adding LBM

I think that if you have a lot of muscle and are fat they yes you should cut....

I think that if you still have plenty of gains to come then you may as well carry on gaining.....

I have decided that although I want to stay lean and grow slowly that may not be the best option for me....

I may be better to focus on gaining weight (still eating clean and doing cardio) but have less focus on remaining too lean.... Why? because I have a long way to go and adding forcing myself to stay lean will in the long term slow me down.... I am only 23...

So what I am trying to say is grow as much as you can for a few years and then if you want to diet down and see what you have got then go for it.... Just my opinion....

A good example of my argument is this..... Baseline vs Fireguy

Fireguy gained 40lbs one year and came in 3lbs heavier the following year at a BB show.... so basically he got 3 lbs out of it...

If i was to gain 40 lbs in one year, because I have not been training as long and because he is closer to his potential I may be able to gain 20 of those 40 lbs as LBM

I am rambrelling LOL
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

I'm 20. And I don't want to cut but I feel fat lol. Starting to get a little belly

I put on 50lbs this year.

turkishexpress is offline Junior Member
    Keep on putting on weight if you really want to get up to a solid 200. Just make sure you're keeping your diet rich yet clean. Cutting will be easier if you practice good dietary habits now not to mention having less fat to cut through.

vx1000 is offline New Member
    Ever think about a steady body recomposition? Hold the scale weight you have, 174 lbs. Just really clean up the diet, build a bit of muscle, lose some fat, but scale weight won't change. Continue to eat as much as you currently do, but maybe restrict carbs to around workout time, boatload the green veggies, and really try to keep insulin from spiking with big carb meals (aside from the pre, during, and post WO carbs). Maybe a few months later you decide to cut and you are starting at a leaner 174 than you are now. Perhaps you'll be fairly lean and won't want to cut, but rather start another bulk. Just my suggestion man. Good work on the 50lbs gain though.

delete
    Last edited by Twin; 05-29-2011 at 11:34 PM.

layeazy is offline Banned
    stay on the creatine and water lol

You need to improve the diet obviously dude and no aas for long long time...

Y do u say my diet is bad? Lol I thought I made excellent progress. My diet is bad and I'm still trying to improve but is my progress bad ? I like constructive critism. It makes 'me want to improve. So i appreciate it.

Thread Information