Thread: Me.

Athlete127 is offline Member

Me.

Age 21
    Weight 192
    Height 6'1
    I play college football, here is a couple pics updated today.

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    loosk good, keep up the good work.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Looking super ripped bro... just need to bring up overall size. How bout the wheels?

Nice delts too. Good job!

Thanks man. I have actually gotten alot faster it feels like. I do legs 2x a week.

Trying to find some new ab workouts because I do them EVERY day.

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlete127 View Post
    Thanks man. I have actually gotten alot faster it feels like. I do legs 2x a week.

Trying to find some new ab workouts because I do them EVERY day.
    pretty boys and their ab workouts :P u really DONT need to work abs at all to have a six-pack. its all about ur bf%. pro's like branch, ronnie, dorian and plenty others NEVER train abs. Jay only does abs in pre-contest aswell. u can do them every day if u like, but its just not neccesary imo.

I feel like I have to do it because of my diet :/

Quote Originally Posted by Gucks View Post
    pretty boys and their ab workouts :P u really DONT need to work abs at all to have a six-pack. its all about ur bf%. pro's like branch, ronnie, dorian and plenty others NEVER train abs. Jay only does abs in pre-contest aswell. u can do them every day if u like, but its just not neccesary imo.
    Will disagree with this. True that it's all about BF% in terms of seeing your abs - but that goes for all muscle groups. It comes down to seeing developed abs vs. non-developed. Don't work them and they'll never be developed to their potential.

takedownII is offline Member
    keep workin hard bro, good job!

doing abs is important, but it's definitely overdone by a lot of people...twice a week is plenty for me imo

Appreciate all the kind words guys. Thank you!

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Will disagree with this. True that it's all about BF% in terms of seeing your abs - but that goes for all muscle groups. It comes down to seeing developed abs vs. non-developed. Don't work them and they'll never be developed to their potential.
    fair enough, if u wants alot of striations and cut obliques u can work them but your abs get more residual work then any other muscle group, a football player doing hours of cardio a week? thats alot of abs work right there. also, doing squats, deadlifts, rows u bring ur core into it. either way, EVERY day is excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gucks View Post
    fair enough, if u wants alot of striations and cut obliques u can work them but your abs get more residual work then any other muscle group, a football player doing hours of cardio a week? thats alot of abs work right there. also, doing squats, deadlifts, rows u bring ur core into it. either way, EVERY day is excessive.
    Agreed, although it's not just about striations and such. Just like any other muscle, they can and will grow. Sure they're tough, just like calves, because they're involved in just about every single movement we make. With all that said, I agree a million percent about people overtraining them; every day is insane! 2x a week TOPS! When I train abs (which isn't much admittedly, tsk tsk) I do 1x a week.

oldschoolfitness is offline Associate Member
    good lean athletic build!!

layeazy is offline Banned
    Good overall size for your age

GGot FFina? is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I agree 100%. I have seen many that do not train abs and are very low in bf. They have a flat stomach but no abs. I too train abs 6x/week. Leg raises 4/25, crunches 4/75, sides 2/35. And i think abs brings out your entire body when they look well developed.

O.P., you look great. Keep it up~!

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by GGot FFina? View Post
    I agree 100%. I have seen many that do not train abs and are very low in bf. They have a flat stomach but no abs. I too train abs 6x/week. Leg raises 4/25, crunches 4/75, sides 2/35. And i think abs brings out your entire body when they look well developed.

O.P., you look great. Keep it up~!
    overkill man lol

I've been doing a little testing. Have only been doing abs 3-4x a week and not killing them like I used to. They don't feel as hard or looked as defined to me as they did!

GGot FFina? is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    overkill man lol
    I have heard this before. But training on and off for 13 years, this is what has worked best for me. I learned to listen to my body. When its tired, when it hasn't had enough rest, and when it needs a break. All of these things are taken into account. I think the most important thing in training is learning the basics, then tuning it for your body.

Thread Information