scratchy is offline New Member

Advice Needed - Time to stop bulking?

Well, i did the bulking thing from september to now... put on 30 pounds natural. As you can see, a bunch of it (to much) is fat... I've been feeling for a while that i've put on too much fat, but i've stuck to my plan till now. Originally, I was going to stop bulking come may, but now i'm considering cutting up right now...

Also, any one want to guess how much fat I've put on over my bulking period, or maybe my body fat then vs body fat now?

Pics - Far left = August 22nd
    Far right = Today ( March 20th)

thanks.

P.S - Don't ask about the legs, I only started seriously working them about 4 months ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advice Needed - Time to stop bulking?-donebulkup.gif  
    Last edited by scratchy; 03-20-2003 at 07:23 PM.

roch is offline Member
    not too much fat. looks mainly like water weight. you could cut that up in a couple months with the right diet and cardio.

Magicz is offline Associate Member
    yea do cardion 30min eod with good diet, high protien, u will look much better.

Massive G is offline Junior Member
    I personaaly don't support the bulk cut bulk cut scheme for non advanced lifters....If you are just starting out you can gain lean muscle with limited fat from 40-50% high protein diet with 25 % from essential fats and 25% from complex carbs...eat 6-8 small meals a day 2-3 which can be shakes with flax oil.
    Don't mix fat and carbs only eat protein/fats and protein and carbs...avoid simple sugars and staurated fats like the plague...slow steady consistent gains are best.

I stay aorund 280 all year sometimes going to 290...but could easily go on a mega dose all around bulker and get to 320...but then it would be mainly fat and water and all come off so what's the point?

Yeah, I've become a little discouraged while trying to bulk up, but keep telling myself to stick it out. In the futur i think i'm going to try and stay leaner while I try and bulk up. Will be interesting to see how much of it is muscle though once i cut up.

Massige G - Some people around here have said that a person can gain about 15 pounds with out any AS. Do you think this is possible to do without bulking? Any idea what gain difference are with respect to weight gains?

harl is offline Associate Member
    I cant tell the 30 lb difference from the pics doesnt look like you got any bigger.......

MysticGohan is offline Junior Member
    I can't either. You just look like you gained fat (not very much though) arms have increased in size a bit. Are you alot stronger? I'm bulking now and i'm a hell of alot stronger. I increase my bench atleast 10lbs a month. Good luck with achieving your goals.

Yes, I feel as though a large part of my weight gain is indeed fat.

Hard to notice alot of gains through pictures, but from my take, it looks like my upper chest has developed. I also feel as though i've had some improvements in my shoulders. I'm thinking that about 8 -12 pounds of the gains are muscle, but this is my first time doing the bulking thing, so I guess the only way to find out is to cut up and see where I am then.

Thanks for the honest comments guys.

MysticGohan - I've had some significant strenght gains, most significantly 60 pounds on my bench since september.

Anyone else who's gone done the bulking thing like to comment? For me, the verdict is still out. I think next round I'm going to try and bulk up without gaining all the fat.

Thread Information