Aesthetical is offline New Member

New Member: 1 years progress (minus a few months)

Last June I was 175 lbs of skinny fat. Decided I wanted to do something about it and dropped down to 158 lbs by the end of august. It was my final semester at college, so I stopped working out from september-december (bad choice). Regardless I now had nothing to do with my time but work, so I figured I would get into bodybuilding. Got basic supps for christmas and hit the gym hard. I sort of consider my progress to start from january 2011 up until now, but I cant discount the weighloss I made last year. So here I am now. Not very big yet, but I am going to go on a cut because I have a cruise in october and I want to be single digit BF then. I was also proposed by a friend who just did his first cycle, that I should run a cycle with him over the winter. I am considering it, but I still feel it may be too early considering I havent been seriously lifting for a year yet. Its really tempting though. Thoughts on everything?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	misc.jpg 
Views:	777 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	116470

I am currently sitting at 171 lbs. 4 pounds lighter than my june 2010 pic. 15" arms flexed.

TheClinch is offline Senior Member
    looking like progress is being made! good job

I have a question, I suffer from puffy nips like a lot of other lifters, also have mild/sever back acne. If I do end up doing one cycle, is it pretty much a guarantee it will worsen because its already there?

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthetical View Post
    I have a question, I suffer from puffy nips like a lot of other lifters, also have mild/sever back acne. If I do end up doing one cycle, is it pretty much a guarantee it will worsen because its already there?

doesnt mean you will get it. but there is a high chance you will. you can prevent this with the right products

TheClinch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by t-gunz View Post
    doesnt mean you will get it. but there is a high chance you will. you can prevent this with the right products
    ^ agreed.

Oddly enough buddies of mine have confided that while on test their acne cleared a little. Everyone reacts differently, there's no guarantee

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    That's amazing progress bro... you say you're 4lbs LIGHTER? You look like you've managed to add a good deal of LBM and still stayed lean, which means you had a higher BF% in 2010. Great job! You should get over to the diet section and let everyone know how you did it!

Quote Originally Posted by TheClinch View Post
    ^ agreed.

Oddly enough buddies of mine have confided that while on test their acne cleared a little. Everyone reacts differently, there's no guarantee
    Thats really the only thing holding me back right now, Im taking a topical and antibiotic for the acne. Dont know if its working yet, would be a shame if I got rid of it and I chose to do a cycle and it came back.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    That's amazing progress bro... you say you're 4lbs LIGHTER? You look like you've managed to add a good deal of LBM and still stayed lean, which means you had a higher BF% in 2010. Great job! You should get over to the diet section and let everyone know how you did it!
    Yup, 4 lbs lighter. I thought about just bulking from the start, but im glad I didnt. Diet was nothing out of the ordinary. I ate like sh!t in college, cut out late night eating, fast foods, soda, processed snacks, thats about it to be honest. It could be cleaner, but it worked.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Yes ..... well done!

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Great progress in such a short amount of time...Frikkin kills me to see guys like you though...I dont eat fast food,dont drink soda or eat processed foods, rarely any type of chips or cookies no candy and i still never reach a lean like the one you achieved eating shite college food!!! Of course I do love my beer..heheheh..Did you do a lot of cardio or just weight training?
    Anyways congrats on the gains n good luck on the single digit BF.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    ^^ x 2. I hate you young guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Great progress in such a short amount of time...Frikkin kills me to see guys like you though...I dont eat fast food,dont drink soda or eat processed foods, rarely any type of chips or cookies no candy and i still never reach a lean like the one you achieved eating shite college food!!! Of course I do love my beer..heheheh..Did you do a lot of cardio or just weight training?
    Anyways congrats on the gains n good luck on the single digit BF.
    Haha you may have misread, I had to cut out all of that stuff, hardest part was telling my mom not to buy hostess cupcakes...my god I can eat a whole box right now. I did a decent amount of cardio from june '10- aug 10'. About a mile 5 days a week and moderate weight training. When I really started training for size jan 11, no cardio at all, kind of dumb, but I just stopped doing it. Just a slow and steady clean bulk. Im easing my way back into cardio now though.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulzane View Post
    Yes ..... well done!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    ^^ x 2. I hate you young guys!!
    Before I know it I will be saying the same thing lol.

Thread Information