<JCVD> is offline New Member

Can you guess what Bodyfat I am please in these pictures?????

Height: 5'11''
    Weight: 86kg

Can you guess what Bodyfat I am please in these pictures?????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF5160.JPG 
Views:	1612 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	128250

Name:	DSCF5172.JPG 
Views:	373 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	128251

Name:	DSCF5174.JPG 
Views:	460 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	128252

Name:	DSCF5175.JPG 
Views:	541 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	128253

Name:	DSCF5185.JPG 
Views:	574 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	128255
    Last edited by <JCVD>; 10-25-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm thinking around 17%

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I'm thinking around 17%
    I agree

Wes201 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    20% bf....i only say 20 cause i can see the little spare tire, im not trying to funny bro, i got the same thing to

it's hard to tell. his arm is in the way of the profile shot so not sure about his back.

I hate guessing someone's BF% !!

Guess the camera doesnt lie haha, thought it was more like 14%. The scales at the gym seems to be way too optimistic.

If I was 86kg at 17% bf in order to get to 10% Id need to lose 6kg of Fat and add 6kg of lean muscle mass?

17% of 86kg = 14.6kg
    10% of 86kg = 8.6 kg

14.6kg - 8.6kg = 6kg?

appreciate all the input guys.......your experience will surely give a more accurate indication......!!

it's hard to tell. his arm is in the way of the profile shot so not sure about his back.

I hate guessing someone's BF% !!

one of back is added now!

Quote Originally Posted by <JCVD> View Post
    Guess the camera doesnt lie haha, thought it was more like 14%. The scales at the gym seems to be way too optimistic.

If I was 86kg at 17% bf in order to get to 10% Id need to lose 6kg of Fat and add 6kg of lean muscle mass?

17% of 86kg = 14.6kg
    10% of 86kg = 8.6 kg

14.6kg - 8.6kg = 6kg?

appreciate all the input guys.......your experience will surely give a more accurate indication......!!
    pry open that dusty wallet of yours and invest $25 in a set of body fat calipers mate! =)

It's a tool of the trade, and you should have one anyways.

btw... those electronic deals for measuring BF% are not very accurate at all!

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    I still think around 17%, give or take a percent..

pry open that dusty wallet of yours and invest $25 in a set of body fat calipers mate! =)

It's a tool of the trade, and you should have one anyways.

btw... those electronic deals for measuring BF% are not very accurate at all!

True....I will pick one up at the weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by boxa06 View Post
    I still think around 17%, give or take a percent..
    Thanks haha, I was going to cry when I saw the 20% estimation.....must just be the setting on the camera :P haha

A few more estimates around that mark and Id settle for that figure to start my log.

Quote Originally Posted by newguy33 View Post
    20% bf....i only say 20 cause i can see the little spare tire, im not trying to funny bro, i got the same thing to
    Haha no problem man, it is what it is, thats why am asking for guestimates, gives me a better idea of where I am at the start of my cut. Thanks!

Haha no problem man, it is what it is, thats why am asking for guestimates, gives me a better idea of where I am at the start of my cut. Thanks!
    looks like ya need to do some bulking too there mate!

we're really helpful around here with the constructive criticism!!! =)

looks like ya need to do some bulking too there mate!

we're really helpful around here with the constructive criticism!!! =)
    Well I typed 'cut' but what I really meant is a lean bulk cycle, want to add some lean mass whilst cutting down the bf % along the way. Ideally want to stay the same weight (86kg) but lower bodyfat to the 10% mark Concerned my bf is a bit on the high side though before I start my test e 500mg cycle.

Well I typed 'cut' but what I really meant is a lean bulk cycle, want to add some lean mass whilst cutting down the bf % along the way. Ideally want to stay the same weight (86kg) but lower bodyfat to the 10% mark Concerned my bf is a bit on the high side though before I start my test e 500mg cycle.
    How much gym time have you put in?

I'm guessing a few months? You may want to hold off until you have a few years under your belt so that you don't injure a tendon.

Nothing worse than throwing a turbo charger on a car that isn't ready for it yet. Tendons strengthen real slow. Taking steroids now will create an "out of balance" situation between muscular and tendon strength. You will feel strong, and your tendons won't be able to handle it. This will put you at a high risk of injury.

Something to think abouut.....

you know what you could do?

post your diet in the nutrition section, and Gbrice and company will analyze it for you. Ultimately, to gain, you need to start with your diet.

Do you know anything about:

macros?
    TDEE?
    good carbs vs bad carbs?

How much gym time have you put in?

I'm guessing a few months? You may want to hold off until you have a few years under your belt so that you don't injure a tendon.

Nothing worse than throwing a turbo charger on a car that isn't ready for it yet. Tendons strengthen real slow. Taking steroids now will create an "out of balance" situation between muscular and tendon strength. You will feel strong, and your tendons won't be able to handle it. This will put you at a high risk of injury.

Something to think abouut.....
    Yea I understand that, Ive been training for a few years inconsistently through Uni. Diet was always crap and never had the motivation to stick with it but I learnt good techniques and form when lifting so it was a start. Been training properly for last 6 months and have done a lot of research. Rountine and diet has been progressing as I understand the ins and outs of what I need to do, I was a lot smaller when I started (even though am still small in most peoples eyes haha). Ive been weighing up the pros and cons of starting now or leaving it for another while. but basically its coming down to my situation at the moment. I have a load of free time right now as am out work and want to dedicate it to my training for the next 6 months. I dont think my job once I emigrate would allow me as much time to commit and just really to maintain what I gain have. The test will help me get to where I want in a shorter space of time. I really do want to give it a proper proper go as I will be fully commited.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned

you know what you could do?

post your diet in the nutrition section, and Gbrice and company will analyze it for you. Ultimately, to gain, you need to start with your diet.

Do you know anything about:

macros?
    TDEE?
    good carbs vs bad carbs?
    Yea I will do that now.....macros where the protein, carbs and fats are broken down into percentage grams?

TDEE Ive read through the sticky on this and calculated it but must redo it now with different bf.

Good complex carbs....brown rice and wholemeal bread etc

I have my workouts for this week recorded with weight/set/reps maybe i should post that up too to see if can tweak them also.

Thread Information