markas214 is offline Senior Member

My pics after 7 year layoff

I started up again about 6 weeks ago. Took these today. Weight around 195 @5'-5. First is relaxed then flex although I'm so smooth it doesn't show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My pics after 7 year layoff-relax.jpg  
    Last edited by markas214; 06-01-2003 at 09:51 PM.

Next
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My pics after 7 year layoff-paint-front.jpg  

OVG
    OVG is offline Associate Member
    I don't see a second pic. Hit the weights hard and watch your diet and you won't know the meaning of smooth.

back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My pics after 7 year layoff-paint-back.jpg  

OVG
    OVG is offline Associate Member
    Oh... there they are. sorry, must have posted before you did.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Markas, you've made the first step..committing to get back into the life style. You also had the balls to post pics and I give you props for that. Just so you know, we have a good mix of intelligent youngsters here as well as seasoned vetrans. Age is not a factor on this board. You will get straight forward honest assesments without bullshit flames. You will also get great advice and suggestions or any input needed. This may sound like a canned response, but I can see that you have some shape and muscle mass...but also, obviously, a lot of excess bodyfat (which I'm sure you are more than aware of). So from here, tell us a little about what your goals are and whether or not you plan on doing things naturally or chemically assisted.

My goals

Having trained for 15+ years I pretty muched maxed out on my genetic potential. My goal is to get my weight down by 40 pounds to aroun 155 160. At that time I'll assess where I can make improvements. If I decide to use any chemical assistance it will probably be a pretty light cycle to get some hardness and definition. I guess I should spend some time reading the diet board posts as that is what I need to be concentrating on. I believe I maintain all my muscle mass from the time I spent in the gym. It's just burried uder a few inches of fat.

I have no doubt there are intelligent youngsters here having lurked for a few weeks. I take advice for what it's worth no matter the source. I've been around long enough to know good advice when I get it.

When I was in my 20s Muscle & Fitness was a good source of info before it became a giant Weider ad. But unless you are using AAS most of the routines in the magazines will have you over training and burn you out. I learned that the hard way being constantly overtrained really slowed my progress for a couple of years. Now I plan on working each body part once a week and getting plent of protien and rest.

I go to a Gold's Gym and I'm probably one of the oldest guys there. These young guys keep getting bigger and bigger. There is a lot of info out there for the novice and experienced lifters alike. This forum is a great resource.

Thread Information