Beano is offline New Member

Nervous post of first pics

Hey guys, I am fairly new to the site and have never posted any pictures before as I am very self consious (don't even take my shirt off in public), but I figured it is time to bite the bullet and seek advice so that I can speed up my progress. Here is a little background and my stats.

I am 25 yrs old, natural (not hard to tell), been liftin' for about 2yr off and on. Just got back into it about 4mo ago after almost a year off due to a back injury and all I could do is get fat on the couch. Been dieting (counting calories) for about 5mo. I was 275 pounds in Januray and I am now down to 235, starting an all protien diet on Monday.

I have a big problem with my love handles as you can tell and I want to lose them desperately. I need some honest advise as I am very serious about getting into good shape.

My stats are:
    25yrs old
    6'6"
    235 pounds
    body fat ? (23%)
    never juiced, but would like to eventually once I get my body fat down.

Thanks for all your help everyone, looking forward to the bashing! And sorry about the pictures being a little dark, as well as this is my first time posting pics so I hope I do it right.

Unhappy Front Relaxed

Front relaxed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nervous post of first pics-frontrelax.jpg  

side relaxed

Side Relaxed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nervous post of first pics-siderelax.jpg  

front flex

Front Flex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nervous post of first pics-frontflex.jpg  

Another front

Another Front
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nervous post of first pics-flex.jpg  

Side Flex

Side Flex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nervous post of first pics-sideflex.jpg  

berkaloo is offline New Member
    Looks like we have similar stats, Im a little older and probably not as lean. I have received some great advice after posting my pics. I will stay tuned to your thread for replies. Here is a link to my thread. Good luck.

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=52678

Berk

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, know that at 6'6" it is going to take some time to fill out those muscle bellies. Other than that, you appear to be right on the love handle issue, but are they actual love handles or is it a combo of wide hips and love handles? I say that only because in the front double bi they look more like part of your natural oblique structure (if i'm making sense here) than "fat".

What does your workout currently look like and what kind of shape did you diet down from? I somewhat suspect that you perhaps dieted down too sharply, and basically kept the same body comp but at a lower weight (which is not necessarily a good thing)...only because people who drop from 30-something % to low 20's usually have A LOT to say about that (and rightfully so).

On the plus side, at your height you don't seem to be plagued by narrow shoulders (though, like me, you look to suffer from an elongated torso as compared to your lower body....lemme guess, your inseam is somewhat short for someone 6'6"?)

Anyway, post your workout as it stands now, and maybe some rough idea of a diet...you've certainly come to the right place...now it's time to get ferrigno style for ya.

Thanks for the quick reply guys its much appreciated.

And to answer some of your questions BigGreen, yes I do have very wide hips, always have, but with that extra fat on there they make me seem like I have love handles like Homer Simpson. So I really have no choice but to get big and ripped so thats the last thing people notice.

My workout routine is nothing spectacular because I have been really busy with work and a recent move. I will do weight training 3-4 times a week, and I keep my reps fast in order to burn more fat. I am more concerned about getting my body fat down, and then I want to start putting on some good size. I will normally do about 30min of cardo each day that I am weight training, and one night of about 2hrs of basketball.

My diet has just been counting calories, no pop, nothing with fat, and mainly just eating less. I am wanting to start an all protein diet next week in order to keep my muscle mass up and drop weight at the same time.

My biggest problem is that I don't have a workout buddy, nor anyone to seek advice from, leaving me to be a constant browser on this site trying to learn form different posts. Anyway, I don't want to write an essay but I hope that answers some of your questions, and now maybe you can hit me with some advice. Thanks again Dude.

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Bro you are going to do great .You have a good base to work with I think you need to just be consestant(spelling)in the gym bro.If I was you I would take advantage of this time because you can add alot of muscle .I would stick to the compound movements squats ,deads,bb bench stuff like that .Also focus on your shoulders they will come up fast .Good luck bro and stay in the gym !

SilverSiR is offline Junior Member
    Hey man just keep plugging at it, don't jump the AS gun too soon either. Should work out your diet a bit, because I don't think its your lifting habits that are holding you back.

OVG
    OVG is offline Associate Member
    Good start bro. Keep the strict diet and continue to lift heavy. The results you seek will soon be yours.

Thanks for all your help guys, I will continue to post my pics as I progress.

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    nothing to be nervous about... looks like you are putting good size on a very long frame... it's a littl harder for you than us short guys but it can be done.

Thread Information