Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone's delt look like this after an injection?

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member

Anyone's delt look like this after an injection?

Did my 1st delt injection Friday night with 1 CC of sust using a 25G 1" pin. It went in slowly and smoothly, very little blood. I disinfected the area first, as I always do, with rubbing alcohol. And the needle was brand new, of course.

I woke up in the middle of the night and this shit was in pain! I took an advil and went back to sleep. Then, Saturday (chest and tris day) it was red and swollen a bit. I had a bit of trouble doing exercises tat required arms over head. Today the redness/swelling has extended all the way to my bicep. I can't move it without pain. I couldn't even do hack squats tonight because the pad resting on my shoulders was too painful.

I figure this will go away...but wtf?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone's delt look like this after an injection?-red-delt3.jpg  
    Last edited by pumpseeker; 06-01-2003 at 06:44 PM.

Mr Cardo is offline New Member
    Take it easy with the steroids bro...
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Originally posted by Mr Cardo
    that was helpful

I thought Pete was gonna ban you bro, what happened?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Thats wierd bro, my delts never turned red. Might be the susta?

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Pumpseeker,

I've never had it happen to my delts but, it's happened to my bi's and calves. It'll be sore for a few days but it'll go away. It's nothing to worry about IMO.
    I think it may be from the BA content.

xxxl83

Originally posted by palme
    Thats wierd bro, my delts never turned red. Might be the susta?
    I think you're right. The same thing happened when I did my quad that one time, red and swole for a week. I have always just done glutes and never had the redness there. Maybe it's because I have so much tissue to absorb the stuff back there?

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Did you happen to flex accidently? ive done that before repositioning myself during the injection and thats exactly what happened to me, red , slightly itchy, after 2 days it turned into a bruise but it wasnt painful.........Hitman

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    yea if it lasts only a few days ur fine, but if its still red and itchy for over about 5 days u should get it checked out

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Yup mine looked like that after injecting t 250 QV test. Put some ice on it, take a benidrill it will eventually go down. Looks pretty bad. Bet it is hot to the touch isn't it?

thickmass is offline Member
    Not saying this is YOUR situation here,

But a buddy of mine had his upper arm swell up so he couldnt bend his elbow. Got some stuff from the docs but took 2-3 weeks to go back down, all up 4 weeks off training.

Basically it was an infection, no idea where from.

Watch it and if it heats up and your arms swells go to a Doc ASAP

KeyMastur is offline VET
    What brand of Sus are you using ??

If it's TT Testanon....well, let's just say you might want to find another type of Sus - cause it's gonna do that every time. I once tried this shit (the first batch) and oh I couldn't walk right for days.

It's more than likely due to the BA content.

By the way, you're pretty yoke.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Mine has looked like that before a few times. Like said before if it goes away in a couple of days you should be fine but if it continues to spread or does not lessen go to a doc.

fliprock is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Mr Cardo
    is this idiot still here?

BIG R is offline Member
    One of my sust injections look just like that this year. I can say it was like a sunburn looking redness. It hurt for about a week then started to go down....so you are looking at about 2 weeks of dealing with this at the most. I was using Paki sust. The others didnt give me a problem it was just one......maybe it was a injection that was too low in the delt or it got somehow infected. Use glutes and quads next time let the delts rest.
    Peace
    R

BIG R is offline Member
    Yeah, dont worry about Mr. Cardo he a Sweede. No offence Palme.
    The guy doesnt even look like he works out if that is him in his Avatar. Guy's as flat as a Poloroid picture. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....Loser.

R

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by pumpseeker
    that was helpful

I thought Pete was gonna ban you bro, what happened?
    We can't ban somebody just because they are ignorant, he really hasn't broken any rules...he's just a jackass...so my advice is ignore him, since he obviously knows nothing, and eventually he'll go away.

As far as the redness, swelling and pain...been there and done that. I would guess that the gear your using has an extremely high BA content. In th past I used Bruce Lee's pro and shot in my calf...it was very swollen, very red and hot to touch for about 4-6 days. I was very close to going to the doctor. I never used his prop again and I never shot calves again. Give it a few days pump and it should subside.

Thanks for the advice guys...

KeyMastur-I'm using "infar" sust 250 amps from India. They have white labels with green writing. I've been injecting 3 amps a week for the last 6 weeks and only had this problem twice...when I tried my quad for the first time and when I tried my delt this time.

I did inject it kind of low on the delt Big R. Also, in twisting around to push the plunger, the needle might have twisted while it was in there.

I don't have this problem in the glutes...I've actually become quite good at injections back there.

The soreness seems batter today but my entire delt is still red. It should go away in the next few days...if not, I'll be seeing a doc.

Thanks for all the feedback bros

BIG R is offline Member
    PS,

Get a friend to do your delt injections. Explain exactally how you want them done (aspiration, how high,etc..) I cant do delts with out pushing the needle more in and moving it while I push the plunger.....

Your redness and soreness will subside soon. I wore a T-shirt with sleeves to the gym for a week or more while I hade this redness.

R

MikeW is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by BIG R
    Yeah, dont worry about Mr. Cardo he a Sweede. No offence Palme.
    The other swedish people on the board then? What are we?

ceps is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for posting the pic. If I'd seen that on my arm I'd have thought I had a cellulitis (which you don't have if it's getting better.) It's helpful to know one can get that and it not be serious.

longhornDr is offline Member
    Originally posted by thickmass

Basically it was an infection, no idea where from.

Your friend may have had an infection, but pumpseeker does not from looking at those pics and his description.

It looks like some of the gear leaked out of the muscle and caused an immune response (the swelling, heat and eventual bruising).

It's common with vet gear and some UG gear.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by MikeW

The other swedish people on the board then? What are we?
    Softa!

Big R, it´s ok, i was going to say something but why bother with ignorent people?

For the ones that wanna know, Cardo has been banned from atleast 2 Swedish boards. His attitude is just so bad.

Is the shoulder better now pump?

Originally posted by palme
    Is the shoulder better now pump?
    I kept ice on it all last night after a heavy back and biceps workout. The redness seems to be fading a little but it's still sore as fuck. Interesting what longhornDR said about the immune response.

I think it's going to heal up quickly...better, as I'm heading to the beach this weekend!

From now on, I'm doing glutes only!

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    Same crap happens to me, stays red for a few days, sore as hell,lump,cant really work out too well with that crap so it gets annoying.. so i dont do delts anymore, just glutes... are you using qv? im using qv eq, and test e..... maybe thats it

Originally posted by BimBamBoom
    are you using qv? im using qv eq, and test e..... maybe thats it
    no, infar sust amps from India, actually. I never had this problem with QV stuff...but then again, I never shot in the delts before either. I'm now with you on avoiding them bro....this shit is screwing up my training!

Tystick is offline Junior Member
    I had the same thing happen with sust and 25g pin. The oil is just too damn thick to push through that, so I think I moved a little bit too when I was injecting. One you slice that muscle inside its just a matter of time, you have to wait till its healed to risk futher tearing
    I switched to 23g and ahhhh! so much better.

candog22 is offline Junior Member
    Generally, I ve heard that if the injections spot turns red and is warm to the touch = infection.....

Massive G is offline Junior Member
    Mine looked exactly like that before on two occasions...one with bruising as I think I hit a ven or cappilary and it blead all the way down my arm from my shoulder..the other was hot and red and swollen...from high dose alcohol content irritating it....

I really miss delt injections but have sworn them off as I have had a lump of oil in my delt for about a month now and it will not go down with ice heat massage etc....

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    well i doubt its anything with the actual stuff... cus my friend is using the same stuff as me and he doesnt even get as much as a lump or any pain, where i get lumps that last days.... everyones body reacts differently I suppose...

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Bro..it looks infected

Originally posted by Rich8888
    Bro..it looks infected
    The redness/swelling has almost disappeared. Who knows exactly why my body responded that way, but it's almost back to normal now. After wearing a T shirt to the gym the last week, I was finally able to wear a tank yesterday. No more delt injections with sust for me though! Man that was painful! I could barely raise my arm a few days.

ceps is offline Junior Member
    glad you're better!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpseeker
    Did my 1st delt injection Friday night with 1 CC of sust using a 25G 1" pin. It went in slowly and smoothly, very little blood. I disinfected the area first, as I always do, with rubbing alcohol. And the needle was brand new, of course.

I woke up in the middle of the night and this shit was in pain! I took an advil and went back to sleep. Then, Saturday (chest and tris day) it was red and swollen a bit. I had a bit of trouble doing exercises tat required arms over head. Today the redness/swelling has extended all the way to my bicep. I can't move it without pain. I couldn't even do hack squats tonight because the pad resting on my shoulders was too painful.

I figure this will go away...but wtf?
    Thats what happened to my ass after a glute shot this week... noticably red, very swollen at injection site... now on day 5 its finally starting to subside...

...could also be bad gear, not sterile, etc.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    i got that exact same thing (looks exactly the same) from putting .8cc homemade prop + .8cc homemade tren into my biceps and triceps. as per people's advice, i'm now putting in less than 1cc per spot injection, and it doesn't swell or cause that redness. oh yeah, mine itches also, kinda like a rash.

-- clocky

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    that happened to me in lots of places. delts, bi's, tri's, and calf. most went away after about 7-10 days.

ross3814 is offline Member
    the first few shots of my cycle looked like that wherever i took them. and they hurt so much it immobilized the bodypart for about 4 days. im late in my 2nd week now and there is no pain, swelling or redness.

Doo Rag is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpseeker

From now on, I'm doing glutes only!
    Don't get discouraged from this bro, it is quite common. And besides, your delts are very well developed, they can handle injections. Also, the more you go on, I would venture to guess that you'll be doing EOD injections, so you're gonna need more available areas than just your glutes.

DOUGTM1SS is offline Associate Member
    Hey pumpseeker, the same thing has happened to me but when using rocketfuel last year, I did the samething you did to prep the area, but know i disinfect the needle to prevent infection, also consider that you may have hit a nerve also, sounds like a little of both, but it will go away in time.

Muscles12345 is offline New Member

How long did yours take to go away

I have similar issue what was outcome of yours and how long did yours take to go away

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information