Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: 2 months of trying to lean bulk

jgd
    jgd is offline Junior Member

2 months of trying to lean bulk

1st pic 2 months ago, been on test base 500-600 mg with a couple other compounds, proviron , clen for 3 weeks, hcg and adex, diet is 80% better than its was 3 months ago, but single dad its hard 7 days a week.
    39 yrs old
    begin weight was 228-230 current is 220,
    first pic from march1, 2nd pic is yesterday. I think I look better, but? thoughts?

thanks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bdy.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	156823
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bd22.jpg 
Views:	527 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	156824
    Last edited by jgd; 05-06-2015 at 07:02 AM.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Hey man, I'll put my Dads cap on for this one, yeah it's tough been a single dad, how old are they ? You know how much effort put into your kids lives, if you put as much as 1/4 of that energy into lifting you'd be a pro right, but you unfortunately you can't, so you have to work smarter, eat smarter. Do you get time to yourself for the gym ? What about meal times ? Do you even get time to eat ? For me, it's about fitting all this stuff around your kids lives, it can be done, it gets easier as they grow, cardio when my daughter was a new born consisted of a hike pushing the pram for a couple of hours, liquid shakes for lunch and dinner, not perfect, not show stopper just ticking over, maybe it's just not the right time ?

jgd
    she just turned 7
    I am in sales, so I get to hit the gym after dropping her to school, see a couple clients, pick her up at 2 and thats abou it. "some" mondays the ex will have her, but, its rare. Need more hours in the day lol.

Right so you've got a start, just how serious are you ? What are your goals ? Do you intend to stay on or off the juice and for how much longer ? Can you run to work ? Do you cook ? Pre plan meals? The cold harsh reality is that your diet was off, it can be fixed, cardio in reality is a good thing to do if you can fit it In, maybe your workouts could be better too ?

jgd
    I am not looking to be show quality, its not my thing, I had motorcycle accident 2 yrs ago and just got sick of being 230+ lbs with no tone and hadnt worked out in years,
    So I want to just loose another 10lbs of fat and put on a few more lbs of muscle.
    I feel like I am 40% to my goal,
    I have been trying different types of workouts, I learned to check ego at the door. I will go down to 15lb dbells on side raises when supersetting with 75lb dumbells military presses for 10-12 reps. I always focus on form and long motions ( no bouncing or cheating) sometimes I have to go all the way down to 10lb dbells on the lateral raises towards the end. When not supersetting and going for lower reps like 8 I can do 35lb dbells lat raises. So I change up my reps, weights almost every week, honeslty it depends on how I feel that day, which probably isnt best. I have been sort of freestyling my workouts, and just working on form mostly tho

Do you have a diet plan ? Know your tdee ?

jgd
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    Do you have a diet plan ? Know your tdee ?
    No I dont have a plan, aside from stocking fridge with chicken breasts, steak, very little breads if any, nothing fried(except for maybe like friday night) No soda in 4 months,
    But a diet plan as in a week in advance? No, But I used to eat pizza for breakfast and lasagna for lunch a yr ago, so I am way above in health than I was, but, compared to a pro I probably am not optimizing half the time, and no dont know my tdee

Right mate, I will match your enthusiasm and commitment to this, I'll help you work it all out if you are prepared to stick with the diet.

Did you say how long of the cycle you have left ?

Stats please, weight bf% height.

jgd
    Right mate, I will match your enthusiasm and commitment to this, I'll help you work it all out if you are prepared to stick with the diet.

Did you say how long of the cycle you have left ?

Stats please, weight bf% height.
    5'11,
    218-220 currently so I would say 20ish % body fat/water retention possibly? My tits still shake when brushing my teeth, so 20+bf lol... I am begining to get back into more cardio since I donated blood and lowered my hemocrit, but still walk incline for 15-20 min 3 times a week now.
    I am in the middle of what I wanted to do which is a 16 week cycle with Deca added since week 6. Using adex, and 100mg proviron /day.

Ok, I'm building the picture up now, so can you stick to a diet? You're in sales ? So you're good with numbers ? Thing is I can do it for you and you won't learn much or I can show you how to do it. Anyway it's easy.

220lb less 20% = 176lb Lean body mass
    So let's aim to get you to 15%
    So 220*0.95 = 209lb
    209*15=3135 cals so let's round down to 3000 cals

How many times do / can you eat a day ?

4/5/6 ? Divide 3000 into that number
    That's calorie goal per meal

bignath4607 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320
    Right mate, I will match your enthusiasm and commitment to this, I'll help you work it all out if you are prepared to stick with the diet. Did you say how long of the cycle you have left ? Stats please, weight bf% height.
    Your a good man and the op will do well if he listens to your advice and applies himself

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

jgd
    Dude, thanks for the help!! Really appreciate it.
    ok,
    By eat, do you mean meals? like chicken, some greens or rice, or does this include protein shakes with mixed blackberries and blueberries, honey, bananas, fruits? What a "meal" is would dictate the difference between 3-6 intakes per day,
    Also, I have been Juicing ( kale, spinach, ginger root, carrots as base, apples, pairs, grapes , parsley and just depending on if I am going to be talking to customers, Garlic) I make about a gallon at a time, so I have that also as option.

And ruffly 15% would be just under 190ish correct? I like the way I look between 190-200 depending on muscle mass, And I can follow rules on diet, BUT can I have a cheat day? Its kinda a needed thing with Sunday family dinners and If they notice me not eating, losing weight and getting muscular the gig is up..lol...
    Last edited by jgd; 05-06-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgd
    Dude, thanks for the help!! Really appreciate it. ok, By eat, do you mean meals? like chicken, some greens or rice, or does this include protein shakes with mixed blackberries and blueberries, honey, bananas, fruits? What a "meal" is would dictate the difference between 3-6 intakes per day, Also, I have been Juicing ( kale, spinach, ginger root, carrots as base, apples, pairs, grapes , parsley and just depending on if I am going to be talking to customers, Garlic) I make about a gallon at a time, so I have that also as option.
    You need it to be real food where possible the idea of a shake is its a supplement what mr fq has said is quite easy as long as you pre prep your meals the day before turkey rice asparagus and broccoli are a good start

FFS ! Wrote a long reply then and it lost connection or something and it lost and deleted my post !

Dude, thanks for the help!! Really appreciate it. ok, By eat, do you mean meals? like chicken, some greens or rice, or does this include protein shakes with mixed blackberries and blueberries, honey, bananas, fruits? What a "meal" is would dictate the difference between 3-6 intakes per day, Also, I have been Juicing ( kale, spinach, ginger root, carrots as base, apples, pairs, grapes , parsley and just depending on if I am going to be talking to customers, Garlic) I make about a gallon at a time, so I have that also as option. And ruffly 15% would be just under 190ish correct? I like the way I look between 190-200 depending on muscle mass, And I can follow rules on diet, BUT can I have a cheat day? Its kinda a needed thing with Sunday family dinners and If they notice me not eating, losing weight and getting muscular the gig is up..lol...
    If the cheat day negates a whole weeks worth of dieting it's pointless, to me family dinners mean a refeed day, roast meats, veggies, white potatoes cooked three different ways ....

What about alcohol ?

jgd
    Does a cheat day kill the whole week? That sucks man.. I thought a pizza flushed the system once a week .. I will make it happen since your taking the time with me...
    alcohol....................... . shit.. ****....... I dont know what to say about that... I used to drink real hard 3 days a week, but situation has changed a tad with ex not being in pic on 2 weekends a month anymore so,now its just fridays if I hit happyhour when my mom has my daughter and cousins over for a sleep over, but I do the happyhour with a couple girls from my work, then ussually they come over to drink more watch movie have some wine and up till about midnight.
    Just tell me the truth....is my life over? lol....
    Last edited by jgd; 05-06-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgd View Post
    Does a cheat day kill the whole week? That sucks man.. I thought a pizza flushed the system once a week .. I will make it happen since your taking the time with me...
    alcohol....................... . shit.. ****....... I dont know what to say about that... I used to drink real hard 3 days a week, but situation has changed a tad with ex not being in pic on 2 weekends a month anymore so,now its just fridays if I hit happyhour when my mom has my daughter and cousins over for a sleep over, but I do the happyhour with a couple girls from my work, then ussually they come over to drink more watch movie have some wine and up till about midnight.
    Just tell me the truth....is my life over? lol....
    Depends which life you mean dude, drinking wi two girls till midnight fridays doesnt sound too shabby to me at all, nah one pizza a week wont kill ya, and if you have dieted hard and trained hard all week - then no - it wont even touch the sides, but the drink will, to lose a lb of fat you need to burn or eat 3500 less calories than you consume, thats probably a six pack or something....

Does a cheat day kill the whole week? That sucks man.. I thought a pizza flushed the system once a week .. I will make it happen since your taking the time with me... alcohol....................... . shit.. ****....... I dont know what to say about that... I used to drink real hard 3 days a week, but situation has changed a tad with ex not being in pic on 2 weekends a month anymore so,now its just fridays if I hit happyhour when my mom has my daughter and cousins over for a sleep over, but I do the happyhour with a couple girls from my work, then ussually they come over to drink more watch movie have some wine and up till about midnight. Just tell me the truth....is my life over? lol....
    Bb is a lifestyle change but easy once you get too it unfortunately alcohol produces estrogen in men so is a big no no aside from the fact steroids effect the liver and if you throw booze in the mix your asking for trouble so if you feel you need to drink id plan it on your off cycle just my opinion of course depends how serious u want to get

jgd
    Depends which life you mean dude, drinking wi two girls till midnight fridays doesnt sound too shabby to me at all, nah one pizza a week wont kill ya, and if you have dieted hard and trained hard all week - then no - it wont even touch the sides, but the drink will, to lose a lb of fat you need to burn or eat 3500 less calories than you consume, thats probably a six pack or something....
    Stick to liquor straight or wine, I mean I even do capt and diet coke. Work with me, I'll work on pushing back the A) cheat day and B) caloric intake on my friday date.. But I will make a tad up by doing some extra cardio or incline walking.

Ok try this.

So let's lose 1lb a week - less 500 cals per day Target 2400 cals Personally I like to cut on 50/30/20 1200 cals from protein, so 4 cals per gram of protein = 300g protein ( maybe a bit more than you actually require if we go off 1.5g per lb of lean body weight ) Next - fats - 20% of 2400 is 480 8cals per gram of fat, 480/8 = 60g of fat per day Carbs 2400*0.3 = 720 720/4= 180g of carbs per day. So that's your basic food plan for the day. 6 meals a day gets u 50g of protein per meal, put most of your carbs after your workouts, some for breakfast, some pre workout. Or play about with the carbs, you have 180 a day, or 1260 a week, you could have four days at 150g and three at 200g. This is called carb cycling. Take it a little more extreme, four at 100g three at 250ish. Hope this helps.

jgd
    Ok try this.

So let's lose 1lb a week - less 500 cals per day Target 2400 cals Personally I like to cut on 50/30/20 1200 cals from protein, so 4 cals per gram of protein = 300g protein ( maybe a bit more than you actually require if we go off 1.5g per lb of lean body weight ) Next - fats - 20% of 2400 is 480 8cals per gram of fat, 480/8 = 60g of fat per day Carbs 2400*0.3 = 720 720/4= 180g of carbs per day. So that's your basic food plan for the day. 6 meals a day gets u 50g of protein per meal, put most of your carbs after your workouts, some for breakfast, some pre workout. Or play about with the carbs, you have 180 a day, or 1260 a week, you could have four days at 150g and three at 200g. This is called carb cycling. Take it a little more extreme, four at 100g three at 250ish. Hope this helps.
    Awsome! I am trying variations in my notebook and work on how to plan out. I have been trying to keep fat G's on a few days a week down in the 15-20 G range ( when I am using my juicer, protien shakes with berries and just grilled chicken breast with little bbq sauce) Does it even help to keep fat count down? should I try to ? or is 60G's still optimal for weight loss? Im asking so I can critique my shopping list this weekend and what to focus on. Also, while on 600 test and 250 deca average a week, is now the time to go some days with 10g's of fat? I am also taking BCAA's (hour before workout and in afternoon between meals) and Omega cuts, fish oils and obviously liver supports including NAC. All that shit I just wrote is basically asking is now the time to go harder for quicker fat loss and muscle preservation and possible growth with cycle, high protien and the supps... BTW I also have more clen on the way. Does this alter my plan?

I've been researching about macros, and the general consensus is that 0.3 - 0.4g per lb of body weight is optimum so 200lb * 0.3 = 60g of fats- of course make them good fats.

Without reading it all again, I think your good to go man, blast away

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You'd get visible results much sooner by just cutting a bunch.
    Lean bulking is best done when you're already lean (single digit BF or close to it) and just want to add a bit of muscle while keeping your abs.

Bulking in your current state (which is admittedly much better than before), you run a real risk of overdosing it by accident and just looking like you "let yourself go".
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 05-07-2015 at 11:06 AM.
    lovbyts likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ great advice from all the members in this thread(FQ - I really like your attitude as you've done a complete transformation) and as OP can see it's all diet dependent(of course a good training program)... And when you get there juice will help barring your diet and training are on point!

OP I agree w/the above, and what Bona said is dead nuts also! The more bf you can drop b4 a cycle makes cutting(as he mentioned much easier, and much more easily to bulk and Lose bf at the same time)... Don't get ahead of yourself just hit your macros and get your cardio on track... It's a marathon not a sprint... It's gonna take time but once your dialed in you'll see some major changes!

GL on your journey!

NACH3 I like your style too man !

jgd
    Yeah, been working on approach and timming of meals and how I am going to do,
    Remember I am also going to be using clen again shortly to help magnify my cardio affects.. I will start a log maybe next week monday with weigh in and see what I can do..

Thanks again for all the help, esp MR-FQ320!!

Yeah, been working on approach and timming of meals and how I am going to do, Remember I am also going to be using clen again shortly to help magnify my cardio affects.. I will start a log maybe next week monday with weigh in and see what I can do.. Thanks again for all the help, esp MR-FQ320!!
    Keep the thread updated man, you will want to constantly monitor , change and update cals, macros, high low med days etc

btoma32 is offline New Member
    I have absolutely no insight...But just thought it was super cool Mr-FQ to help out. Gym is filled with dbags and its always cool to see someone try to help out

Quote Originally Posted by btoma32
    I have absolutely no insight...But just thought it was super cool Mr-FQ to help out. Gym is filled with dbags and its always cool to see someone try to help out
    Kudos to me when somebody takes note of my advice and they get the results. I love helping out.

Thread Information