• 1 Post By Java Man
  • 1 Post By Java Man
  • 2 Post By TheTaxMan
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By Java Man

Thread: Need some advice

DeterminedMuscle is offline New Member

Need some advice

Just wanted to share some pictures with you all and hopefully get an estimate of my body fat percentage. Also wanted to know where I should begin, should I lose some fat then start eating like a horse? Or should I start eating right away as I am now?
    Need some advice-gainz.jpgNeed some advice-gainz2.jpgNeed some advice-gainz3.jpgNeed some advice-gainz4.jpg
    Also Keep in mind Im flexing in some and not in others.
    Lastly here are a few other things to consider,
    1.) Im 19 and wont start using AAS until about 23-24ish
    2.) Im 5'9 150lbs
    Thanks for the help!!!

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeterminedMuscle View Post
    Just wanted to share some pictures with you all and hopefully get an estimate of my body fat percentage. Also wanted to know where I should begin, should I lose some fat then start eating like a horse? Or should I start eating right away as I am now?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gainz.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	859.7 KB 
ID:	161927Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gainz2.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	528.5 KB 
ID:	161928Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gainz3.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	554.6 KB 
ID:	161929Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gainz4.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	532.9 KB 
ID:	161930
    Also Keep in mind Im flexing in some and not in others.
    Lastly here are a few other things to consider,
    1.) Im 19 and wont start using AAS until about 23-24ish
    2.) Im 5'9 150lbs
    Thanks for the help!!!
    Hello buddy.

At a guess from just your front torso, id put you at 15-17% or so. Youve got that skinny/fat look going on, with no offence intended. You're narrow on the hips and ribs, but theres clearly some fat around the belly button area. Good starting point though, nothing that couldnt be corrected in short order with a change in diet.

In all honesty, at your age and stats. Id hit the diet section and read over some of the diets in there, and create your own diet thread there.
    You'll get lots of invaluable feedback. Id suggest eating around maintenance for a period, along with training to see how you respond. We can then flex up or down the calories as needed.

Im glad you've said that you'll leave the AAS alone for the time being. You've got a great frame for starting with. No need to mess with your system.

Get that thread up in the diet section and I'll see you there!

-Krugerr
    Java Man likes this.

DeterminedMuscle is offline New Member
    Alright Will do thank you!

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    I agree with kruger, looking about 15-16%
    krugerr likes this.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan
    I agree with kruger, looking about 15-16%
    Tax he's got a thread up in diet section now too.

Refreshing to have someone listen and not make excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using App

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    Hello buddy.

At a guess from just your front torso, id put you at 15-17% or so. Youve got that skinny/fat look going on, with no offence intended. You're narrow on the hips and ribs, but theres clearly some fat around the belly button area. Good starting point though, nothing that couldnt be corrected in short order with a change in diet.

In all honesty, at your age and stats. Id hit the diet section and read over some of the diets in there, and create your own diet thread there.
    You'll get lots of invaluable feedback. Id suggest eating around maintenance for a period, along with training to see how you respond. We can then flex up or down the calories as needed.

Im glad you've said that you'll leave the AAS alone for the time being. You've got a great frame for starting with. No need to mess with your system.

Get that thread up in the diet section and I'll see you there!

-Krugerr
    K said pretty much the same things I was already thinking before I started commenting. So do what he said. he knows his sh!t.

I will add that I am 45. I started doing AAS at 19 or 20. I should have waited. I know that now. I did not harm myself, but could have. I may have been a half inch or an inch taller (AAS close your epiphyseal plates early) but I ended up at 6 feet even and that's fine with me. What I regret about my choice back then is that I should have trained naturally to get the base, get to where you aren't really gaining more weight anymore and strength gains come very slowly. You will hit several plateus on your journey. I am not talking about those. I am talking about after you have already been through all of that and are at or near your natural limits. That is when you are most primed for AAS.

Get the dietary and training discipline down first. You can look damned good without AAS. And you do have a great starting frame. Some people are blocky, wide all over. Others have thin shoulders, and thin hips and they will never have a prime V taper. You have a good V shape already. That is genetic. Consider yourself lucky.

When you get up to about 195 or so at sub 15% BF you may even change your mind about AAS use. You can certainly achieve that without AAS. That would be about when you would need to decide if you want to join the dark side or not. You will at that point have all of the other tools in your box. AAS are only a very small part of bodybuilding. IMO Diet is more than half the equation. I say it is about 70% dietary, 20% training and rest (don't forget REST, that is when growth occurs), and 10% supplements whether AAS or OTC. You can do everything right, but if you don't get the diet right you will either make no gains at all, or be a very strong fat ass.
    Last edited by Java Man; 02-16-2016 at 04:57 AM.
    krugerr likes this.

I can't find the study, but it is on PubMed. Test E was given to 3 groups. All things were equal in the groups except weight training habits. Age group, diet, sleeping habits, and supplements were all the same for all 3 groups.

One group trained daily with high intensity. Another trained a few times per week with moderate intensity. the third group DID NOT TRAIN AT ALL.

The first two groups gained about the same amount of muscle mass. 7 lbs or something like that. the 3rd group, who did not train at all, gained almost as much. they measured Lean mass gain. not total weight. Shows that training is in fact not the primary component. If I can find it I will link it.

Oh yeah and of course they were all male
    Last edited by Java Man; 02-16-2016 at 05:10 AM.
    krugerr likes this.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    Tax he's got a thread up in diet section now too.

Refreshing to have someone listen and not make excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using App
    Yea i agree, its becoming to often seeing "i dont care what you say im doing 600mg tren starting tomorrow without test"

Great to see some people being mature and listening to the advice given
    Java Man and krugerr like this.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Listen to these guys and at this point your bf shouldn't be a concern. You have a good foundation. Hit the nutrition section and get a good meal plan going along with good training. You will make great gains.
    Java Man likes this.

I found it. There was an article written about this study published in MM2K way back in the mid 90's back when it was still respectable and hadn't sold out yet to become another M&F clone.

The effects of supraphysiologic doses of testosterone on muscle size and strength in normal men. - PubMed - NCBI

Check this out too, which is where I found the link that led me to it on NCBI. There are some good links on this page that would lead to years worth of respectable sourced reading via cross linking ad nauseum:

Anabolic Steroids and Muscle Growth : Bodyrecomposition

Here is the interesting and relevant part on that page where a chart is made regarding the results of the study:

Quote Originally Posted by BODYRECOMPOSITION.COM from a study at PubMed
    The training was a little weird, they did squat and bench only three times per week for 4 sets of 6 with varying intensity week to week and weights were increased at week 5. It wasn’t the greatest training program but it turns out to kind of not matter. Muscle size was measured by MRI and strength was tested directly for 1 repetition maximum. This went on for 10 weeks. Here are the results.
    Group LBM Squat Bench Press
    Placebo No change No change No change
    Exercise Only +4.4 lbs +21% +11%
    Testosterone Only +6.6 lbs +19% +10% <-- No Weight Training!
    Testosterone+Exercise +13 lbs +38% +22%

No shock, the placebo group had no change in anything. Training alone got the guys four and a half pounds LBM in 10 weeks. But steroids alone worked better: 6.6 pounds LBM in the same 10 weeks. With just one shot in the butt every week. Clearly training and exercise was synergistic and the third group gained close to what you’d predict from adding steroids and training alone together. But steroids alone built more muscle than training alone and just as much strength.
    And the amazing thing is that, despite the title of the paper, only 600mg/week of testosterone was given. Certainly this is supraphysiological relatively but it’s also a baby dose in a time when the occasional steroid expert had recommended a gram per day. And even that small dose put more muscle on without training than training alone did. Not only do anabolics build muscle without training, they build more muscle than training (and they make training work that much better).
    Last edited by Java Man; 02-16-2016 at 07:33 AM.
    krugerr likes this.

Thread Information