Results 1 to 28 of 28
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By TheTaxMan
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 1 Post By NACH3
  • 1 Post By bass

Thread: BF % Guess (lean bulk) with Progress Pics

  1. #1
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    3,328
    Blog Entries
    1

    BF % Guess (lean bulk) with Progress Pics

    40 years old
    6'3"
    235 lbs

    Guess on BF%??

    Been trying to do the coveted "lean bulk" finding it difficult to bulk and not acquire some fat (which I know happens on a bulk) and stay consistent on food choices while still making sure I hit my calorie goal.

    (Did not post any leg shots yet, currently they're hairy, white and in need of a squat rack - but coming along)

    Bottom row from left to right is over a 3 year period after shoulder surgery...top row is current)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BF % Guess (lean bulk) with Progress Pics-image.jpg   BF % Guess (lean bulk) with Progress Pics-image.jpg   BF % Guess (lean bulk) with Progress Pics-image.jpg   BF % Guess (lean bulk) with Progress Pics-image.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by SampsonandDelilah; 03-20-2016 at 07:00 AM.
    NACH3 likes this.

  2. #2
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    3,328
    Blog Entries
    1
    BF % Guess (lean bulk) with Progress Pics-image.jpegClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	321 
Size:	813.8 KB 
ID:	162419
    BF % Guess (lean bulk) with Progress Pics-image.jpeg

    Back selfies are not easy....

  3. #3
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    11-12 depending how far off ur legs r.

    Looking fkin soild man

  4. #4
    TheTaxMan's Avatar
    TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    3,395
    Looking great buddy look solid as fvck, arms are huge
    Well done

    Guessing your bodyfat at 10% mark
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 04-01-2016 at 07:22 AM.

  5. #5
    Bodacious's Avatar
    Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicken All Day
    Posts
    1,991
    Looking good man keep up the good work!!

  6. #6
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,609
    Nice work... You look great!

  7. #7
    73rr's Avatar
    73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,764
    Great job man! Looking really solid

  8. #8
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    12,046
    Blog Entries
    2
    Under 12% for sure


    Damn big!

  9. #9
    TheTaxMan's Avatar
    TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    3,395
    You need to lift that chest to match those big traps, delts and arms buddy
    bass likes this.

  10. #10
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    3,328
    Blog Entries
    1
    Appreciate it fellas

  11. #11
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    3,328
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    You need to lift that chest to match those big traps, delts and arms buddy
    Couldn't agree more TaxMan.

    Chest has always been my nemesis. I'm plenty strong on all my chest lifts but it has always been slow to develop. Been trying to focus more on Dumbbells, lots of incline flys, incline DB presses and weighted dips, really trying to tire the muscles out and focusing on the negative. For a long time I was hung up on bench press numbers for chest day and although I love that lift, it's not best suited for building my particular chest. I'm long armed and have always had a smaller chest. I've been spending time in the workout forum reading and experimenting with some new things.

    Any insight or advice is always welcome.

    Thanks

  12. #12
    TheTaxMan's Avatar
    TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    3,395
    Im having the same problem mate, my chest is flat, started really slowing things down and piling the weight on as well as decreasing the rest times

    getting some serious DOMS and have noticed a slight improvement after 3 chest sessions, been doing a mix of bench work, db and cable work.

  13. #13
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Couldn't agree more TaxMan.

    Chest has always been my nemesis. I'm plenty strong on all my chest lifts but it has always been slow to develop. Been trying to focus more on Dumbbells, lots of incline flys, incline DB presses and weighted dips, really trying to tire the muscles out and focusing on the negative. For a long time I was hung up on bench press numbers for chest day and although I love that lift, it's not best suited for building my particular chest. I'm long armed and have always had a smaller chest. I've been spending time in the workout forum reading and experimenting with some new things.

    Any insight or advice is always welcome.

    Thanks
    I'd say your damn close to 10% if you aren't! Big as Fvk too!

    DB flys brother... Also use the pec dec unilaterally w/a supinated grip and squeeze the upper inner will get demolished!
    Also try using cables starting from bottom and bring up and together it'll work the outer lower or decline bench...

  14. #14
    tbody66's Avatar
    tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,238
    Reverse grip bench. With all weighted chest exercises I recommend a 3-0-1 tempo, three times the amount of slow control for the eccentric part of the lift. Also a huge fan of a one rep 7 second negative after warm up before your work sets.

  15. #15
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

    I'd say your damn close to 10% if you aren't! Big as Fvk too!

    DB flys brother... Also use the pec dec unilaterally w/a supinated grip and squeeze the upper inner will get demolished!
    Also try using cables starting from bottom and bring up and together it'll work the outer lower or decline bench...
    Second this....heavy dB flies.

    Do them first in your routine also

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dont ask for a source thx
    Posts
    9,051
    Blog Entries
    3
    you look fantastic brother...my upper chest is my weakness physique wise so I hear you there...Ive come to realize that after all these years, genetics will only let me go so far... that said ill never stop trying...anyhoo you have made an impressive transformation post surgery so kudos to you my friend...ohh and 10% bf easy..

  17. #17
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    3,328
    Blog Entries
    1
    You guys are awesome...appreciate all of the tips/ideas and compliments/encouragement.
    I started trolling this site in 2007 shortly after surgery and I owe so much of my success to this community. I was in the dumps and ready to quit lifting but luckily found the rehab section, workout ideas, diet and nutrition forum and of course the anabolic forum and it was all paramount to my overall recovery and transition back into who I was pre-op. Best boards and community out there...you guys are all beasts!
    bartman314 likes this.

  18. #18
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    11-10%

    Looking great! But I would stop working on traps they are overpowering the rest which is not ideal IMO.

  19. #19
    tbody66's Avatar
    tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,238
    Post your workout with sets, reps and poundage for your whole body, if you don't mind, also do you do traps on back or shoulder day? I think your shape is fine it's size you need on your pecs. So I would have to disagree with heavy flyes period, especially as first set. That's a shaping exercise, if done properly, not a mass exercise.

  20. #20
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Post your workout with sets, reps and poundage for your whole body, if you don't mind, also do you do traps on back or shoulder day? I think your shape is fine it's size you need on your pecs. So I would have to disagree with heavy flyes period, especially as first set. That's a shaping exercise, if done properly, not a mass exercise.
    Not if you do it right... It's pre-exhaust S/S flys into presses - has built some great chests in 'Marcus' Dungeon' check it out!

    HIT STYLE!!!

  21. #21
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    23,002
    Lol

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  22. #22
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,357
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    40 years old
    6'3"
    235 lbs

    Guess on BF%??

    Been trying to do the coveted "lean bulk" finding it difficult to bulk and not acquire some fat (which I know happens on a bulk) and stay consistent on food choices while still making sure I hit my calorie goal.

    (Did not post any leg shots yet, currently they're hairy, white and in need of a squat rack - but coming along)

    Bottom row from left to right is over a 3 year period after shoulder surgery...top row is current)

    you look pretty cut, i'd say no more than 12%. what could help your chest is lateral machines, and maybe a close grip barbell. looking good man, keep up the good work.

  23. #23
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    3,328
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Post your workout with sets, reps and poundage for your whole body, if you don't mind, also do you do traps on back or shoulder day? I think your shape is fine it's size you need on your pecs. So I would have to disagree with heavy flyes period, especially as first set. That's a shaping exercise, if done properly, not a mass exercise.
    Keeping a weekly log (not something I've ever really done) I'll post workouts when I have some more time....I'm awful on the keyboard

    Oh and I generally do traps on shoulder day. Occasionally I'll do some trap specific exercises on back day but majority of trap focus occurs on shoulder day. Curious to your inquiry though....
    Last edited by SampsonandDelilah; 03-30-2016 at 03:30 PM.

  24. #24
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    3,328
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Not if you do it right... It's pre-exhaust S/S flys into presses - has built some great chests in 'Marcus' Dungeon' check it out!

    HIT STYLE!!!
    I've been doing my reading...appreciate it Nach! Been slowly incorporating all suggestions so far into my chest routine, I'm all ears and it's nice to break up the monotony. Appreciate it
    NACH3 likes this.

  25. #25
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    3,328
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    you look pretty cut, i'd say no more than 12%. what could help your chest is lateral machines, and maybe a close grip barbell. looking good man, keep up the good work.
    Thanks man, mean a lot. I'll definitely add the suggestions to my routine...thanks for the input!
    bass likes this.

  26. #26
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is offline VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    19,418
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    I've been doing my reading...appreciate it Nach! Been slowly incorporating all suggestions so far into my chest routine, I'm all ears and it's nice to break up the monotony. Appreciate it
    Oh I forgot - pec dec unilateral ex's so your hitting the upper inner too! Slightly turn to the side your working to get more ROM - and use the pronated grip(palms down)... Just going off bass' suggestions and I've been incorporating this as well - good stuff brother!
    bass likes this.

  27. #27
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,357
    yea the key is not getting stuck with the same routine, got to change it up, keep your muscle/body/mind guessing.
    NACH3 likes this.

  28. #28
    bartman314's Avatar
    bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    boston
    Posts
    788
    i second the HIT recommendation. got me to a new level when i switched (in less time too).

    you look amazing btw... great work - especially post surgery! what did you have done, and to what extent has it impeded your training?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •