High Desert Bill is offline New Member

No carb progress: 07/19/2017 and Today

The first picture is what made me realize I really needed to make some changes. The second one is from today, about seven weeks later, and after I turned 50.

I'm on about 225 g of protein per day, 180 g of which is whey shakes. Also creatine.

I'm only training two days a week, because that's all I have time for, but I'm still happy with the progress I've made. Cheers! BillClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Billblur.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	741.9 KB 
ID:	170500
    Last edited by High Desert Bill; 09-10-2017 at 09:39 PM.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    That's great progress, now that you have got some very solid results. Start adding in more lean protein sources from Whole Foods. Whey shakes are great as a supplement but it doesn't take the body much to break down those proteins thus you don't burn much calories, which is kinda their point. Eating Whole Foods requires the body to expend more energy to break down the food and causes a raise in your metabolic rate. Add in complex carbs or fiberous and or leafy greens and you have a potent receipt for weight loss and lean muscle gains. Supplement with some healthy fats like in the form of medium chain fatty acids (cocanut oil) and omega 3's and help keep your vascular system in tip top shape.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Thank you MuscleScience. I should've clarified in my original post, I'm eating lots of low-carb greens and vegetables. Just no rice, bread, pasta, sugar, etc. Meat is beef, chicken, pork, eggs. When you say whole foods, are you talking about the store? Are you referring to certain lean meats ? That's a good advice on the omega 3s, not doing that right now, nor the coconut oil.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Whole Foods meaning actual food or complete foods if that makes sense. Supplements are great but should be looked at as "in addition to," Whole or complete foods. It's a nutrition term to describe any none supplement based dietary food item.

So instead of relying on getting a large bulk of your protein intake from shakes. Focus on getting it from your food, and then using shakes to make up Amy shortfalls on your intake.

Right on, thank you MS. The caps threw me off. I will do what I can there. There is the affordability issue, as well as prep time, that's what makes the shakes so attractive, lol. But I love eating good meat.

Thread Information