Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What is my body fat %

MikeShlort is offline Associate Member

What is my body fat %

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dannycz.jpg 
Views:	561 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	173378What is my body fat % and how much fat do I need to lose to do a cycle

I realize I'm not in cycle shape and look like a 12 year old but need the energy and only going for aesthetics and stamina, this will be my 2nd cycle, 1st cycle was 3.5 years ago and very successful IMO

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    About 20 or so no more.

You need a base man. To be blunt, what was successful about your first cycle? Don't seem to have held on to any gains

If you start now and be very strict with cycle and diet you should be ok.BUT.....

AGE?
    WEIGHT?
    HEIGHT?

best lifts on ;
    Bench
    Squat
    Deads.

Or anything else you can add.

Bomb_R2?

6ft

Best lifts now? I started lifting 3 weeks ago after being off for over 3 years. I was successful insofar as I looked like an underwear model from the neck down.
    I'm using this cycle to kick start back into it. I'll do another one in 6-9 months, that will be the big gainer. I'm not too concerned with maximizing the results out of this 1st one.
    I won't be lifting heavy so as not to injure myself, just want the benefits of efficient recovery and energy. My job is physical and I don't have enough in the tank to do both without supplements. My test levels are normal BTW
    My only concern is gyno. I still have a little bit left over from the last cycle. Also could be from poor diet and not working out.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions

Name:	92DB6F7B-A998-4DC3-B901-E498342D8B7A.jpeg 
Views:	360 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	173379

I’d guess somewhere around 18-20%

To be honest you’re nowhere near ready for AAS
    you still have plenty of natural gains to make. Check out the diet and nutrition section. If you crack your own dietary code, you’ll make crazy good gains.
    MikeShlort likes this.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Maybe think about buying an Omron first?

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    Maybe think about buying an Omron first?
    They have the body fat scales at my gym with the pads for your feet but it's extremely inaccurate. It put me at 15.6% BF, then when I selected "athletic build" it had me at 9.4% BF. I'll just use it as a starting point and try and get it down 5-8%

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeShlort View Post
    They have the body fat scales at my gym with the pads for your feet but it's extremely inaccurate. It put me at 15.6% BF, then when I selected "athletic build" it had me at 9.4% BF. I'll just use it as a starting point and try and get it down 5-8%
    you do not have an athletic build so I would believe the first result you got of 15% that is more accurate to be honest with you...

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    you do not have an athletic build so I would believe the first result you got of 15% that is more accurate to be honest with you...
    Ya no shit. I assume I am over 20%

Blog Entries
    Ya no shit. I assume I am over 20%
    oh I get it you did it as a comparison for accuracy my bad bro... I though you believed the 9.4 and was cutting to 5%...oops...

I was going to guess 16-17% so 15.6 maybe in the ballpark
    Those work off measuring resistance. Fat holds more water (and water is conductive) which leads to less resistance. So if you are dehydrated, you will get a lower reading and vice versa
    Last edited by HoldMyBeer; 07-07-2018 at 06:21 PM.
    MikeShlort likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    oh I get it you did it as a comparison for accuracy my bad bro... I though you believed the 9.4 and was cutting to 5%...oops...
    Lol yeah I just hopped off the couch in competition shape lol no worries. I did like 100lbs squats today destroyed my legs so I'll probably hold off on the cycle a month at least.. I'm weak as shit. Form was mint tho!!!

wellshii is offline Member
    Why the rush? Have an out of town wedding you're attending and plan on swinging like on that one corny movie?

BTW your prior AAS cycle opened up some new growth naturally.
    Wait until you can squat some actual weight at least. But to each his own man.

Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    Why the rush? Have an out of town wedding you're attending and plan on swinging like on that one corny movie?

BTW your prior AAS cycle opened up some new growth naturally.
    Wait until you can squat some actual weight at least. But to each his own man.
    Ahh, just getting old and recently single. Time's not on my side, you know how it is..

I hear ya man. I'll be 30 this year.
    But I am still natty. My reasons above. Coming back Natty you'll get some good gains as long as you follow basic protocols.
    Being single,even easier. Try having kids and a wife. Wanna trade spots?LOL

I hear ya man. I'll be 30 this year.
    But I am still natty. My reasons above. Coming back Natty you'll get some good gains as long as you follow basic protocols.
    Being single,even easier. Try having kids and a wife. Wanna trade spots?LOL
    Ya kinda lol, wouldn't mind finding a good chick to have kids with. I hear you though, I just really want that energy boost. I'm low energy without it, when I was on cycle, I felt like a God

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Try ephedrine.

ECA stacks are also a great tool to help cut bodyfat
    MikeShlort likes this.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    Starting a cycle because you lack energy/ dedication is a horrible reason man, and I think you know it as well.
    I've done it and it hurt me bad for a while, still do to some degree today.
    It's like HAVING to drink alcohol to talk to a girl, or taking drugs to be calm enough for an interview, but this is much much worse...
    If you don't have the mentality already to push it through, then you will never have the body you seek even on a cycle.

Build a better foundation, the energy will come when you find a good regiment to follow.
    You lack too much muscle and you haven't taken your body to a more responsive state yet with just 3 weeks, and you won't with a month more.
    Hell, I would bet that you lack energy bcus starting over fcking sucks! It will pass man.
    And it's not just your muscles that need strengthening, you got the tendons, ligaments, skeleton, CNS and all that to think about as well.

A Pwo can be a good boost if you need some extra energy.
    When you got all the above, then you can start a cycle and your results will be 10 times better.
    And as a BONUS - you will have more pride, confidence, energy, experience and dedication to succeed in anything if you start without the need of help! - AND you will KEEP the physical and mental gains!
    Best of luck!

Ya kinda lol, wouldn't mind finding a good chick to have kids with. I hear you though, I just really want that energy boost. I'm low energy without it, when I was on cycle, I felt like a God
    Like the above post said man,no energy isnt a reason. Perhaps you should get some blood work done and evaluate diet/lifestyle.
    Unless you have depression. Which I can understand about the energy/motivation.

And to add,if she was good,I wouldn't want to trade.

Like the above post said man,no energy isnt a reason. Perhaps you should get some blood work done and evaluate diet/lifestyle.
    Unless you have depression. Which I can understand about the energy/motivation.

And to add,if she was good,I wouldn't want to trade.

Ya I've done bloodwork and diet is clean.. You are right, I'm not ready but I will be pushing the start date a couple months earlier than it should be.

To the person that suggest ephedrine.. I spent the last month kicking coffee because it fucks up your natural energy and ages your face. Last thing I want is to replace it with something worse for you

Ya I've done bloodwork and diet is clean.. You are right, I'm not ready but I will be pushing the start date a couple months earlier than it should be.

To the person that suggest ephedrine.. I spent the last month kicking coffee because it fucks up your natural energy and ages your face. Last thing I want is to replace it with something worse for you
    For sure caffeine can cause problems. I recently tapered down and dont even need 100mg a day now.
    Good luck on things man.

Checking back in fellas.

You guys are definitely right, there are many gains to be had before I hop back on gear.

Here's my question:

I've given up trying to lose fat while building muscle. I'm just going to bulk (eating a little over TDEE, 95% nutritious whole foods). Right now I'm between 15-18% body fat I would estimate.

What is the proper procedure for getting on gear? Do I start cutting for a few weeks before I start a cycle to get back under 15% BF or do I just get on the cycle and continue gaining? I've never really figured out the art of cutting, I always seem to lose more muscle than fat. I've only been successful eating at or a hair below my TDEE while training like crazy. If there won't be any problems, I'd like to continue gaining clean mass then getting on it when I start to plateau without wasting time and muscle cutting.

Thanks

There are plenty of good 12 week cutting programs. Would not be a bad place to start.
    If you are losing more muscle than fat, you are not eating enough protein and/or working out consistently to help maintain some of the muscle.

So you're supposed to cut before a cycle?

So you're supposed to cut before a cycle?
    I would cut down to the point I can see my abs (general consensus is 14% BF or under) then build muscle. But I am not the most knowledgeable.
    To me, it just doesnt make sense to bulk then go on one long cut to hit your BF goal. I would hit the goal first, then try to bulk. That way IF you overshoot, you can just do a minicut and be where you want to.

Hey, how come you joined in 2011 but you are asking these questions now. You hack an old account?

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    I would cut down to the point I can see my abs (general consensus is 14% BF or under) then build muscle. But I am not the most knowledgeable.
    To me, it just doesnt make sense to bulk then go on one long cut to hit your BF goal. I would hit the goal first, then try to bulk. That way IF you overshoot, you can just do a minicut and be where you want to.

Hey, how come you joined in 2011 but you are asking these questions now. You hack an old account?
    I did a cycle in 2014. I was already lean at that point and had been lifting for a couple years. I'm just getting back into the gym now, people are saying build your strength so you don't injure yourself and also cut. Can't do both so figuring out if I can avoid having to cut before starting a cycle to build mass..

I did a cycle in 2014. I was already lean at that point and had been lifting for a couple years. I'm just getting back into the gym now, people are saying build your strength so you don't injure yourself and also cut. Can't do both so figuring out if I can avoid having to cut before starting a cycle to build mass..
    I think they mean build your strength before starting your cycle. Which is solid advice.
    And I dont think you have to cut first. That decision will depend on what your goals are. If you are trying to be a body builder, I would cut first. If you are trying to be a power lifter, no need to cut first (although higher BF runs higher heal risks etc.)
    But building your strength before starting a cycle is a must.
    Last edited by HoldMyBeer; 07-18-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    You can indeed!
    The issue is that everyone answers differently on workout and diet - you need to find your "code" and that comes with experience, tries and fails, not shortcuts.
    I just finished a shorter cycle than expected and have completed my PCT - I'm cutting right now and I still get stronger every week.
    My "code" has been more rest (3 days training a week now), less protein and fat than usual and more carbs with cardio.
    That is very different from before when I ate A LOT and trained 5-6 days a week = lost or limited my gains here.
    It also depends what you eat, just because something should be healthy, doesn't mean that you personally respond well to it.
    I gain more on chicken and rice than I do on potato and beef.

Also! You should read on bodyfat % and elevated estro.
    It's also MUCH harder to cut and keep mass than to bulk in my opinion, with a good cut being what will show your gains and bulk will not most often (well maybe strength).
    In other words, I think (my opinion) that you will get A LOT more from a cycle if you cut now and learn to do a clean bulk that you body respond well to ON.
    Strength will come regardless if you train and eat right.

Otherwise you risk being unhappy if you cut later because you will most likely loose too much of your gains and will be back on square one same as now.
    Life will always be in the way, so even if you have a solid plan now doesn't mean it will be solid in a month or two.
    Take the safe way rather than the risky way.
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I would cut now, save bulking for when your on cycle and can assimilate the extra calories. Bulking off cycle just equals more fat.
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sorry BG I disagree. There's no such thing as cutting when you have no muscle mass. That's just "dieting" like chicks do to get more "toned" lol. (I'm joking but you know what I mean)

You just need to build muscle and that baby fat will metabolize as your body becomes more thermogenic due to the new muscle you're building. I wouldn't go in the opposite direction by eating at a deficit and doing cardio to cut when there's nothing to see when the fat is gone except bone! What you need to do is recomp (building muscle as you're losing body fat).

Keep hitting those squats and all your other compound movements and make sure to pack in the clean calories and you'll grow while losing fat!

Your energy levels can be optimized without steroids if that's what you're looking for. B-12 injections are great for increasing your body's energy output.
    balance and MikeShlort like this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    The pic is real hard to judge with accuracy but I would say 18-20%

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I would cut now, save bulking for when your on cycle and can assimilate the extra calories. Bulking off cycle just equals more fat.
    But cutting off cycle equals muscle loss! This shit is hard ain't it...lol

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Lotts of work + lotts of time + lotts of sauce = will equal results

U look damn near like I did about 8+ years ago = the "do u lift & why am I so weak look"

Dazhy is offline Junior Member
    about 14-15

Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    I would not cycle in that condition.

I don't even know how to sugar coat this but...It doesn't even look like you go the gym.

Take advantage of our diet and nutrition section there is a lot of beneficial information and we can help you get onto the path to build a very strong base to cycle in the future.

Ok solid advice everyone thanks. I will report back. Full disclosure: I'm just in it for the pussy, so good aesthetics but not too cut and veiny is good for me
    Last edited by MikeShlort; 07-30-2018 at 03:27 PM.

1 month ago:

Views:	165 
ID:	173881

Today:

Name:	aug2018.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	173882

Mostly body weight (pullups and pushups) and reduced calories

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hard to see anything in the first pic. Ate you not able to weight train? Adding a little muscle mass would go along way.

1 month ago:

Views:	165 
ID:	173881

Today:

Name:	aug2018.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	173882

Mostly body weight (pullups and pushups) and reduced calories
    Your body fat is same as first pic

You added muscle and toned up. But didn't loose much body fat.

100 pull ups, 500 sit ups, 10 miles on bike 50 hammer curls each arm supercsetted in sets of 10.

In a month you'll be jacked with a 6 pack perfect beach body pussy getting look
    MikeShlort likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Your body fat is same as first pic

You added muscle and toned up. But didn't loose much body fat.

100 pull ups, 500 sit ups, 10 miles on bike 50 hammer curls each arm supercsetted in sets of 10.

In a month you'll be jacked with a 6 pack perfect beach body pussy getting look
    My dude. Do this routine daily? Can I break up the 100 pull ups and sit ups throughout the day? Thanks

My dude. Do this routine daily? Can I break up the 100 pull ups and sit ups throughout the day? Thanks
    Definitely. No one's banging out 100 n 500 in one go
    MikeShlort likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information