• 1 Post By Dannyboy51577
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By BenTren
  • 2 Post By AlphaMindz
  • 1 Post By BenTren

Thread: Cycle Update Progress Pics

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member

Cycle Update Progress Pics

What's up people it's been about one month since I put up my before pics. To be accurate, those pics were about a month or so into my current cycle but given that the majority of compounds were, at that time, long esters, I hadn't really made a whole lot of gains yet...I'm not savvy with this sh*t at all so bare with me, but I'm trying to contribute to the site and also thank everyone for all their feedback. I know a thing or two, but you guys have given me some great suggestions and at the risk of sounding corny AF I just want to let you all know I appreciate you supporting this process of mine.

I still have a long way to go but I'm not stopping until I reach my goal which is ultimately stepping on an amateur bodybuilding stage. I love this sh*t. Outside of my family, friends, and career this is what I do! And what I wanna continue doing til my f*ckin heart stops beating!

Any constructive feedback is welcome and appreciated. If you feel I could maybe add or drop some compounds, routines, or just switch some sh*t up pls let me know. Last thing I wanna say before I detail my cycle and stats is much love to all of you that are reaching your goals cause it f*ckin inspires me man. I've seen progress pics on here of guys not even on gear just killin' the game and I don't even know you but I'm proud of you! You guys keep doin your thing and I promise you I will too!

Ok current compounds - Test E 125mg eod, Tren Ace 50mg/ Tren E 100mg eod, Winny 25mg ed, Mast 80mg ed (just started the Mast a week ago). Great addition btw!

Before cycle I was 215 approx 16-17% bf. Currently I am 223 approx 14% bf (these numbers are from a hand held monitor so not very reliable)

Summary - I've put on about 8 pounds of muscle and lost however many pounds of fat that is (math is not my strong suite lol maybe someone can help me out with that). Composition has notably improved and strength is significantly increased as well.

Before - Cycle Update Progress Pics-before1.jpgCycle Update Progress Pics-before2.jpg

Current - Cycle Update Progress Pics-after1.jpgCycle Update Progress Pics-after2.jpg

BenTren is offline Banned
    Nice that's some nice gains bro shoulders and chest seemed to pop! i'm on test E 600/week so i'm looking forward to seeing some gains myself! keep at it. Can i ask what sort of rep range are you going for in the gym on this cycle?
    AlphaMindz likes this.

Damn alpha, you got your foot on the gas man! Great progress. And i feel ya on the motivation and support. Its watching guys like you, Guitarzan, Obs, that really keep me motivated that i can actually get to that point. I got a long way to go, and seeing your progress keeps me from getting complacent. Ill leave the comments in compounds up to the other guys, but im behind ya bro, get to that stage and blow them away
    Obs likes this.

Oldnsweaty is offline New Member
    Doing great keep hitting it.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have another thread started on this but figured I'd throw up a couple recent pics to show progress. I've actually lost weight since the last pics but I'm stronger and quite a bit leaner and the goal is aesthetics so I'm ok with it for now.

I'm about to start a heavy mass cycle as I initially did a recomp which if you refer to the other thread entitled "here goes.....before and after pics as of **/**" you can see the full results of the recomp. I'm not tooting my own horn guys but it's even crazy to me when I'm reminded of what I looked like not too long ago so for anyone feeling like it can't be done or having a hard time finding motivation then check it out I think it may evoke some inspiration... At least I would hope for it to!
    Cycle Update Progress Pics-progpic3.jpgCycle Update Progress Pics-progpic2.jpg

If anyone's wondering why I look quite a bit dryer and harder in these pics as compared to my very last prog pic which is now my avatar, it's because I was on Nandrolone at the time and had filled out a lot and was holding water.. I was having severe issues with acne on my back so I had to stop the Deca and got back on Tren instead because I pretty much always want to be running at least one 19-nor to keep "that look" that 19-nors seem to provide.

At the time of these pics I was just on Test E 500mg/week and has just started Tren ace 300mg/week...I have since started Masteron again because my coach told me it could help level out the acne sides from deca.

Side note- in regards to the bacne.... I started melanotan II about a week ago... Went to the beach over the weekend and stayed in the sun for 3 hours without sunscreen and by some miracle I didn't burn...I did turn a bit red that evening but by the next day it had turned into a tan. Melanotan II is amazing shit! Between the sun, ocean water, and restarting the Mast, my bacne has cleared up quite a bit. I'm hoping the once the Nandrolone is completely out of my system that my back will clear up fully like it was before.

Any questions, comments or general feedback is appreciated. Let's keep moving forward fellas every day we're closer to reaching our goals. This shit isn't easy so acknowledge your gains and give yourself credit but don't let it get to your head and ALWAYS strive to be better! Peace out!
    Last edited by AlphaMindz; 04-17-2018 at 01:00 PM.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    it looks like those high rep ab sessions are beginning to pay off, way more pop then before. good job.
    AlphaMindz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    it looks like those high rep ab sessions are beginning to pay off, way more pop then before. good job.
    Thanks bro yeah been doing those ab pull downs with the cable machine like you suggested.. I don't go too heavy (maybe 80 lbs) but real high reps til it burns so bad I start feeling tears in my eyes lol.

I also do an exercise where I take a 25 lb plate and lift it up over my head to the left all the way up and feel a stretch, then down and flex, then back up all the way up to the right stretch, then down and flex, then up the middle... I'll finish with those and although they hit my obliques more than my inner abs, when I squeeze at the bottom I get a good contraction in my inner abs as well so it's a good exercise, plus it hits my shoulders which is another weak point so anything that hits abs and shoulders is a plus.

Chest looking good too! What do you suggest for smashing that lower chest??
    AlphaMindz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BenTren View Post
    Chest looking good too! What do you suggest for smashing that lower chest??
    Hey bro my bad for the delayed reply I forget to check these threads..Thanks for the compliments much appreciated!

I use differing rep ranges depending on what I'm focusing on for that day. Some days I'll go heavy (after my warm up sets) and stay in the 6-8 rep range.

Other days I'll do more super sets and stay in the 12-15 rep range.

I honestly don't focus on strength training as much as I do high intensity, back to back super sets of 2-3 different exercises at a time. That's my favorite way to train.

For example- I'll go to a cable machine and set up the cable row, lat pull down, and put ropes on the cable and drop it to the floor and hit cable rope curls, heavy cable rows, and then wide grip lat pull down back to back.. Then rest for 30 seconds, crank out a set of wide grip pull ups, then back into the curls...

Another example- I'll set up ropes for tricep pull downs, adjust same rope for cable curls, and on the other cable have a grip to do lateral raises and then crank those out back to back.

Another thing I'll do is hit abs through out my workout also as a filler so I'm not sitting idle at any point. I want to keep moving the entire 1 1/2 hours I'm in the gym.

When I'm doing compound lifts I may do one other exercise while everyone else is standing around doing nothing lol but making sure I'm using a muscle group that won't directly affect the muscle I'm using for the compound lift so it doesn't sap my strength. For example if I'm doing flat bench I may do reverse curls in between my sets. I firmly believe in staying busy in the gym and by the time you're done you've done 2-3 times the amount of work than everyone else in there.

That's the secret to sick gains my friend. I have made more gains in the last year training like this than I made in all previous years training with your typical bro splits. I came off a long lay off and had lost most of my gains so to be fair I have to factor in muscle memory.

Not sure if you saw the other thread I have on my progress but it shows my before pic of where I was a little less than a year ago. The difference is incredible. And I'm not tooting my own horn I work my ass off and use gear lol but still the proof is in the pudding. That picture proves that what I've been doing WORKS!

This is getting long but my answer to your second question is short.

I don't do anything for lower chest. If you look at the way your pectoral muscles wrap around your chest there is the larger pec minor covering the bottom and middle portion and pec major covering the top portion. So focusing on heavy flat bench and flies is sufficient for building up the pec minor. For the pec major (top portion) I do 2 exercises because I cannot do incline bench. My shoulder is susceptible to injury and incline bench is always how it happens so I stay away from it altogether. In my gym there is a shoulder press machine at about chest height and I'll stand facing the machine, lean forward a bit, and crank out reps on that thing and it hits upper chest beautifully.

The other thing I do is grab and bench and bring it over to the smith machine. Me and my boys will spend an hour on doing just this... We will start at a slight incline, and keep doing sets and with each set increasing the incline on the bench until we're doing compound shoulder presses. It's a great way to hit the entire chest with focus on the upper chest and also shoulders, and be able to go real heavy on shoulders which you wanna do once every 10 days or so.

Intended on giving a quick response and the words kept coming lol so here you go brother hope there's some useful info in there for ya.

I'd like to add for anyone reading this who doesn't agree, you can add in "IMO" after everyone of my statements
    Last edited by AlphaMindz; 04-26-2018 at 02:36 PM. Reason: grammar
    BenTren and Family_guy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    Hey bro my bad for the delayed reply I forget to check these threads..Thanks for the compliments much appreciated!

I use differing rep ranges depending on what I'm focusing on for that day. Some days I'll go heavy (after my warm up sets) and stay in the 6-8 rep range.

Other days I'll do more super sets and stay in the 12-15 rep range.

I honestly don't focus on strength training as much as I do high intensity, back to back super sets of 2-3 different exercises at a time. That's my favorite way to train.

For example- I'll go to a cable machine and set up the cable row, lat pull down, and put ropes on the cable and drop it to the floor and hit cable rope curls, heavy cable rows, and then wide grip lat pull down back to back.. Then rest for 30 seconds, crank out a set of wide grip pull ups, then back into the curls...

Another example- I'll set up ropes for tricep pull downs, adjust same rope for cable curls, and on the other cable have a grip to do lateral raises and then crank those out back to back.

Another thing I'll do is hit abs through out my workout also as a filler so I'm not sitting idle at any point. I want to keep moving the entire 1 1/2 hours I'm in the gym.

When I'm doing compound lifts I may do one other exercise while everyone else is standing around doing nothing lol but making sure I'm using a muscle group that won't directly affect the muscle I'm using for the compound lift so it doesn't sap my strength. For example if I'm doing flat bench I may do reverse curls in between my sets. I firmly believe in staying busy in the gym and by the time you're done you've done 2-3 times the amount of work than everyone else in there.

That's the secret to sick gains my friend. I have made more gains in the last year training like this than I made in all previous years training with your typical bro splits. I came off a long lay off and had lost most of my gains so to be fair I have to factor in muscle memory.

Not sure if you saw the other thread I have on my progress but it shows my before pic of where I was a little less than a year ago. The difference is incredible. And I'm not tooting my own horn I work my ass off and use gear lol but still the proof is in the pudding. That picture proves that what I've been doing WORKS!

This is getting long but my answer to your second question is short.

I don't do anything for lower chest. If you look at the way your pectoral muscles wrap around your chest there is the larger pec minor covering the bottom and middle portion and pec major covering the top portion. So focusing on heavy flat bench and flies is sufficient for building up the pec minor. For the pec major (top portion) I do 2 exercises because I cannot do incline bench. My shoulder is susceptible to injury and incline bench is always how it happens so I stay away from it altogether. In my gym there is a shoulder press machine at about chest height and I'll stand facing the machine, lean forward a bit, and crank out reps on that thing and it hits upper chest beautifully.

The other thing I do is grab and bench and bring it over to the smith machine. Me and my boys will spend an hour on doing just this... We will start at a slight incline, and keep doing sets and with each set increasing the incline on the bench until we're doing compound shoulder presses. It's a great way to hit the entire chest with focus on the upper chest and also shoulders, and be able to go real heavy on shoulders which you wanna do once every 10 days or so.

Intended on giving a quick response and the words kept coming lol so here you go brother hope there's some useful info in there for ya.

I'd like to add for anyone reading this who doesn't agree, you can add in "IMO" after everyone of my statements
    Damn i couldn't have asked for a better response if i wanted to! x

Yeah ill switch up my rep ranges generally after every 3/4 weeks from hypertrophy to strength to keep the muscles shocked.

But damn you really do go hard in the gym bro! a LOT harder than me! not that I slack but i do rest in between sets if they ain't super-sets! good on ya!

I may start incorporating abs in between sets now you've motivated me to do this haha i NEVER train abs due to the fat around my belly I thought there would be no point but ill give it a go seeing as i'm on cycle.

Yeah I have seen your before after pics too i'm impressed! Clearly you've put in the work. Again thanks for the reply man ill definitely incorporate some of them workouts to mine!
    AlphaMindz likes this.

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Damn alpha! That’s amazing progress! Keep it up bro that’s awesome!

Any new progress pics 3 years later?

Thread Information