Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Prime

Thread: This is for everyone

Prime is offline Naturally perfect

This is for everyone

Ok way too many people post up obscure random images of an arm or half a chest etc and say "what do you think of my pics?" No one is expected to be the next Alex Ardenti or Pat Bernal, but come on guys its not hard to shoot a pic thats not crooked, dark and way too zoomed in.

When posting a pic does it meet this checklist

1) Sufficient light to make physique visable
    2) Sufficient quantity of physique in picture. An arm alone is usually worthless, lets see the torso as well.
    3) A shot of the wheels, lets be honest without the wheels its hard to judge anything.
    4) Some semblance of posing quality. Im not saying you need to be the next Ed Corney but guys comon, most digital cameras come with a timer. You dont always need to be squeezed into a doorframe in order to get your physique in the reflection of a bathroom mirror.
    5) Distorted pics, yeah it happens but they are obvious, irritating and make it impossible to assess your physique.
    6) Full body pics where possible. Lets be honest, to asses a physique you need to see it. How things tie in can be as imortant as the size of each bodypart. You may have great arms and legs, but as you havent got a pic with your arms legs and toso all together you may not realise that your chest isnt up to par and neither will we.

A few easy ways to maximise your pics

1) Shoot your pics outside using daylight if possible, either mid morning or early evening so the sun isnt directly overhead.

2) Hold the camera at waist height. If you hold/ place it, higher then the aspect of the pic will be off, the central point of the picture will be at the height of the camera (maybe head height) and your physique will look less impressive as it tapers down to your feet.

3) Practice, practice, practice. Check out your poses in the mirror before you take a picture, check out what looks good and what doesnt. If youre finding it hard to master a pose, have a look at how the Pro's pose, most of them have good technique and hold themselves well.

Im sure some people will disagree with certian aspects of this post but it needed to be said. Everyone wants to look their best and display their hard work well in their pics. Good pics show off you're best, but bad pics can make you look alot less then you really are.
    MUSCLENUTANT, KJ419 and Deapthynka like this.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!!!

Much needed!!!

~SC~

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Ok way too many people post up obscure random images of an arm or half a chest etc and say "what do you think of my pics?" No one is expected to be the next Alex Ardenti or Pat Bernal, but come on guys its not hard to shoot a pic thats not crooked, dark and way too zoomed in.

2) Sufficient quantity of physique in picture. An arm alone is usually worthless, lets see the torso as well.
    3) A shot of the wheels, lets be honest without the wheels its hard to judge anything.
    4) Some semblance of posing quality. Im not saying you need to be the next Ed Corney but guys comon, most digital cameras come with a timer. You dont always need to be squeezed into a doorframe in order to get your physique in the reflection of a bathroom mirror.
    5) Distorted pics, yeah it happens but they are obvious, irritating and make it impossible to assess your physique.
    6) Full body pics where possible. Lets be honest, to asses a physique you need to see it. How things tie in can be as imortant as the size of each bodypart. You may have great arms and legs, but as you havent got a pic with your arms legs and toso all together you may not realise that your chest isnt up to par and neither will we.

1) Shoot your pics outside using daylight if possible, either mid morning or early evening so the sun isnt directly overhead.

2) Hold the camera at waist height. If you hold/ place it, higher then the aspect of the pic will be off, the central point of the picture will be at the height of the camera (maybe head height) and your physique will look less impressive as it tapers down to your feet.

3) Practice, practice, practice. Check out your poses in the mirror before you take a picture, check out what looks good and what doesnt. If youre finding it hard to master a pose, have a look at how the Pro's pose, most of them have good technique and hold themselves well.

Im sure some people will disagree with certian aspects of this post but it needed to be said. Everyone wants to look their best and display their hard work well in their pics. Good pics show off you're best, but bad pics can make you look alot less then you really are.
    Truthness spoken here. I agree 100%.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    about time some1 speaks out in regards to lame ass pics......................

jonnytour is offline Member
    Well put. Thanx for the info!

S R H is offline Associate Member
    Sticky?

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Sticky...It is too good not to be a sticky

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    good idea to psot this! mostly all of the pics on here are horrible quality

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Great post bro. Should be a sticky

Bump for it to be STUCK!!!!!

~SC~

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    I swear ive seen that somewhere before haha

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Stick It At The Top!!!

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Sticky this shiz....Great post prime.

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    bump

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Stuckness.

Buckeyelifter is offline New Member
    Great Thread. I'm just as guilty as anyone when posting pictures but I'm sure when I decide to start posting on here, I sure as hell aren't going to put a picture with baggy clothes on so you can't see anything. I get as much from viewing progress as anyone - and I also get a lot of inspiration from people. When I see baggy clothes or just "half body" shots, then I realize that they're just doing the same thing I used to do when I had 36% bf and weighed 300 lbs. I know I"m the pot calling the kettle black cause I haven't put a pic on here, but when I do post, I'll take those suggestions to heart and make sure you have the WHOLE STORY so I can get a good assessment. Thanks once again for addressing the subject.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    I think you need to add to that, no barbie doll digital cameras, no poor quality ball shaped web cams and no cell phone cams. All of these cameras are so crappy, we cant see anything anyways, they are worthless.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    sticky fo sho. This, along with a few other stickies should be required reading to be a part of the forum.
    This was MUCH needed, good job!

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Bump

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Bump.

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick It Please!!!!!!

~sc~

viking_warrior_2k is offline Junior Member
    A'ight..., being a newbie, I get the point. I'm guilty. Just wanted some feedback about my arms my first post. Hey, gotta be proud of some body part(s), right? (Can't go around posting pics of my penis here making everyone jealous...) Not too many guys can boast of near 19" arms having only ever done 1 vial of cypianate. Even though I've got some prime love handles to be rid of, I'll go ahead and get a couple of pics posted tomorrow sans shirt, and with some legs showing. Hey, cut me some slack, I'm a beginner about to do my first cycle! Don't hate the playah, hate the game...

Quote Originally Posted by viking_warrior_2k
    A'ight..., being a newbie, I get the point. I'm guilty. Just wanted some feedback about my arms my first post. Hey, gotta be proud of some body part(s), right? (Can't go around posting pics of my penis here making everyone jealous...) Not too many guys can boast of near 19" arms having only ever done 1 vial of cypianate. Even though I've got some prime love handles to be rid of, I'll go ahead and get a couple of pics posted tomorrow sans shirt, and with some legs showing. Hey, cut me some slack, I'm a beginner about to do my first cycle! Don't hate the playah, hate the game...
    Umm, this actually had nada to do w/you.

~SC~

viking_warrior_2k is offline Junior Member
    Hehe, I know it wasn't about me. I was just covering me arse, so to speak.

Angelis is offline Banned
    Good post bro certainly Sticky worthy!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    BUMPING this for our esteemed Brahs

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    guess no mods feel like stickifying this huh?

thickmass is offline Member
    OK look at my pic in my avatar. Did I follow the rules or what?

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    bump

BDTR is offline Retired
    Stickied

Word!!!!!!

~sc~

roidrage526 is offline New Member

Hey

i currently benchpress 300 and my body weight is 175. i want to gain weight and get up to around 200. any ideas how i can gain weight that i can turn to muscle mass instead of weight that just adds fat to my stomach?
    Attached Images Attached Images

thickmass is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roidrage526
    i currently benchpress 300 and my body weight is 175. i want to gain weight and get up to around 200. any ideas how i can gain weight that i can turn to muscle mass instead of weight that just adds fat to my stomach?
    What has your bench got to do with your stomach?

EASTCOASTKID is offline Associate Member
    No kidding

EASTCOASTKID is offline Associate Member
    Poor Angelis

BoredIRL is offline Associate Member
    Im too shy and embarrassed to upload my pic right now.

Zofia is offline New Member
    hahahahahahahaha,
    really???????
    fitness trainer melbourne
    Last edited by Zofia; 08-20-2011 at 04:51 AM.

MUSCLENUTANT is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post

Point well taken. I see how my pics are messing things up for me. I'm waiting to do more pics till I have a decent digital camera, all I have now is the webcam and cell phone cam.

MTheoryFreak is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Nice info.

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the tip! I’m actually gonna post some pics for advice/critique on my body. I would like to get advice from people who see physiques every day and will have a good judge

Thread Information