bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla

help with upper quad def.

What excersices really target the upper quads. Is it mostly lower BF to make the upper cuts come out. And no im not trying to show my goods

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    What excersices really target the upper quads. Is it mostly lower BF to make the upper cuts come out. And no im not trying to show my goods

sorry trying to get the image in.

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    I use high knee sprinting exersices 50yrds 1set 6-8 sets then body weight lunges with the kneww extending passed the toe for 100meters 6-8 sets and the loveable leg lifts do the job for me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails help with upper quad def.-full4.jpg  

ok cool. hey so on the leg lifts i use the cables rap it around my ankle and bring my leg straight out and up is this how you do it?

I also hear that if you put a pad under your knees to raise your knees higher than your thigh youll target more upper thigh?

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    is that you in those pics mmaximus?

here finally got a pic in here for ya. Need more def. in the upper
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jesus Bigol.... dude all I can say is your quads are friggin huge but to get the crazy detail you've got to do more exotic movements like long stride deep body lunges... or high steps slow tempo then fast... Or one movement that many say is a no no. Deep squats, knees over toes, but with body weight or say 135-225.
    I use to sprint for my cardio and just noticed the outside sweep and flexors getting a good pounding... high steps fast tempo is like a finishing job for me... but I try and get out to the track for at least one of my leg days...
    I shit you not do 100 meter long stride (or short) deep bodyweight lunges... 8 to 10 times ... ever hear babies cry... might wanna keep your mouth shut cause a scream could slip out... After about 2-3 sets its just excruciating pain... but from the look of your quads I think you've seen the white horse

Bound for Muscle, yeah thats me bro...

Ill try the stair stepper for cardio High steps slow tempo. I cant sprint cause shit my standing HR is 105 and I gets to target on 4 mph. 8) Ya Ive been contemplating doing some outside lunges. Tomorrows my leg day so Ill shock my workout partner and tell him. LOL I can see the look on his face now. He has to sike himself up all week long as it is for leg day now. MWHAHAHA

LOL and the white horse hehe SHit we carry an oxygen tank just for when we pass out HEHE

one of my leg days is today, and I'm doing drop set quad extensions and then outside for 8 sets of 100meter lunges.... If you do really do them tell me how you like'em... most think it's not going to be a thing.... but after set 3 around the fifty yard line its like death himself is talking shit in my ear... The key is to not stop and walk through the pain... thats when the competition begins with in myself... On my squat days I may not go as heavy but I get up to 405 and for 15 reps but that still doesn't compare to the pain of these 100meter bodyweight lunges.... let me know... even if you dont do them tomorrow... I just want someone elses input from here...
    my buddies wont do them with me any more or they try and take a break around 50meters .... wimps

O I was planning on doing the lunges weighted. Prob just a bar with 2 45's. Shit coleman does 225 parking lot lunges, I think I can handle 135 8)

maximus any luck on finding a workout partner? hehe I cant

maximus any luck on finding a workout partner? hehe I cant

My brother worked out legs with me today... But I have a tender left ham and I only doing machine exersices right now. I wont be squatting for another 4 weeks. DONT FOR GET TO STRETCH...
    No workout partner cause my schedule is friggin nuts...

Those Hacks dont jack your back at all? I feel so much better doing free weight front squats and regular... I really need to start loving dead lifts again too... I think next week there will be some dead lift lovin...HAha

Quote Originally Posted by mmaximus25
    My brother worked out legs with me today... But I have a tender left ham and I only doing machine exersices right now. I wont be squatting for another 4 weeks. DONT FOR GET TO STRETCH...

Those Hacks dont jack your back at all? I feel so much better doing free weight front squats and regular... I really need to start loving dead lifts again too... I think next week there will be some dead lift lovin...HAha
    Naw Ive never felt my back on hack and dont see how some people get hurt.. they must bow their back forward when coming down hu? Just strap o nthe ol' belt and rack that F#$%#in machine out... I try to break machine when im in there

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    BigOl, I asked Chris Cormier how to bring out separation in the quads and he told me to STRETCH! He stretches the hell out of his legs for separation and it works!

Executioner is offline Banned
    holy shit! huge quads man, really huge.

Farmer is offline Member
    damn dude, livin up to the name bro..looks like you've got shit growing in those legs

Peace

Farmer

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    bigol'legs...

Your handle is an understatement. Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead007
    bigol'legs...

Your handle is an understatement. Great work!
    thanks man...I try and kill myself every time im in there.. BUISNESS and all

muscletwin is offline New Member
    Naw Ive never felt my back on hack and dont see how some people get hurt.. they must bow their back forward when coming down hu? Just strap o nthe ol' belt and rack that F#$%#in machine out... I try to break machine when im in there
    Try rolling your shoulders a little forward on the pad when you do hack squats. That was a recommendation given to me by a pro when I complained of lower back problems. It did the trick for me.

Quote Originally Posted by muscletwin
    Try rolling your shoulders a little forward on the pad when you do hack squats. That was a recommendation given to me by a pro when I complained of lower back problems. It did the trick for me.
    thanks man ill give it a go on my next quad day.

Quote Originally Posted by muscletwin

Nah, bro... I think big ol loves the hack with no back pain attack...

I get these back problems with hacks and prefer squats... I'm so use to having my arms perpendicular to the side of my rib cage... with my shoulder blades tight together... I pour the weight on like that...
    When I try that with hacks that weird ass angle of the brake lever doesn't let me get the perpendicular angle and tight shoulder blade body lock.
    I think I just dont like the style and angle... but I do like them for warming up but not heavy weight... I'm weird I guess...

Bigol'legs

Have you ever done any power lifting or sprinting? I think your quads are friggin large but I think if you added some more mass and focused on your hams you could be getting into a Tom Platz shadow.... I dont have the genetics for such but I think you got a good shot...

Quick questions.... Do you spilt your hams and quads up.... and do you have a few training polishers like drop set quad extensions and standing ham curls...?

Bigol'legs

Have you ever done any power lifting or sprinting? I think your quads are friggin large but I think if you added some more mass and focused on your hams you could be getting into a Tom Platz shadow.... I dont have the genetics for such but I think you got a good shot...

Quick questions.... Do you spilt your hams and quads up.... and do you have a few training polishers like drop set quad extensions and standing ham curls...?
    this season im focusing on my hams more by splitting them. hehe I LOVE DROP SETS!!! as of right now we dont have a standing ham... BUT ONE IS ON THE ORDER!!!

Bigol'legs

Im getting his videos from da bull!!! When I was younger I did sprinting and had some speed on me.. powerlifting? I max out every now and then.. I hit 705 on my squat and I might try for 750 this year.

Thread Information