Thread: First show pics

Meee is offline Junior Member

First show pics

OK, 6'0 tall weighing 236 on stage.
    I know the legs came in flat and a little small compared to frame, but we're in the middle of fixing that currently.

So have at the pics - comments both good and bad welcome, and expected...

Meee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First show pics-ar-board-pic.jpg  

solarisdude45 is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations upon your achievement. Regretfully, I am in no position (or shape) to pass judgement so I wish you well in your endeavors.

Rsox1 is offline Associate Member
    looking great your right on the legs couls have come in harder may like 215 to be you sharpest, but honestly dude u look real good, especially your lats they just hang under the arm great job

Lats

Yeah, I've done lots of lats work, although deadlifts hurt my back.
    Been doing the Chiro thing for a few years. I squat heavy - 5 plates per side, but doing deadlifts with two plates kills. So I have to stay away.

Here is better pic of lats, and another stage shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First show pics-kellypix9.jpg  

MuscleSearch is offline New Member
    5 plates on the squat is definitely going to stress your lower back. If you want to bring the back up, I'd suggest going lighter on the squats and fitting the DLs in. If the back pain is still there, I would forego the D/Ls and lighten the load on the squats to give your lower back a rest. You may be looking at an injury in the future. Cheers mate.
    Last edited by MuscleSearch; 09-12-2003 at 05:55 AM.

dangit is offline Member
    I don't find that squats hurt my lower back at all neither. Deadlifts and hack squats now put a good amount of stress on my lower back. The muscles down there are really slow to recouperate and take forever to heal when hurt. I sometimes just take a few weeks off from doing deads and do some hyper-extensions instead. Gives my lower back a break and lets it heal.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    I missed these pics before. Damn Meee, you were in great shape there! I'm wondering how you placed? Was this an NPC show? Your lat spread is awesome bro. And I'm really diggin those abs! Side chest pose is impressive as well. I have the same problem with legs. I'm also 6' and have a tough time getting them to sweep and look separated. Anyway, it's good to see your pics as I plan to do a show this spring at around the same height/weight as you (OK, maybe a little smaller...my goal is to hit the stage at 225 ripped). Looks like the competition was good. Where was this at?

talon is offline Senior Member
    Nice MEEE, looking shredded. Like PUMP said I must have missed these myself. Looking good and thick bro, keep it up....

Thanks guys. I was 236, first show, just local, and finished 7th out of 8!
    I thought I could have placed a bit higher, but to tell you the truth, my legs were better one week out before the show before I depleted my carbs with the diet. And they didn't come back.

But I am currently weighing 269 or so, and I have hammered my legs quite a bit, and put some good size on them. Probably won't find myself to the stage this year, but I am planning on 255 in 2005 on stage.
    So roughly keep 20 lbs more muscle this time.

Before my buddy helped me with my diet, I was scimping by on food in the off-season. Now I still eat my bullshit foods, but throw in 4-5 protein shakes throughout the day to be sure. Seems to have worked, as heaviest I was before this summer was 251.

Meee

manijak is offline Associate Member
    nice job dude, it's true about legs more for you tall people , really need to be careful when dieting not to loose mass in lower half, that's why couple of my friends (6.2 and 6.4 respectively) stay away from running, gliders and bicycles when cutting down and preffer to do the arm bicycle thing and the stair climber. Maybe could try that the next time. good luck

jasonbbflex is offline Junior Member
    You're a monster, man. Lookin' great -- terrific shoulder and arm work, super vasc and ab cuts. When's your next comp? Keep up the hard work.
    Best, Jason

I may try again in April 2004. I put some good size on my legs within last 5 months, so should garner a few more points from the judges this year. I had one cheat meal every Sunday, which was anything I wanted, and as much as I wanted. So this time will be leaner as I'm doing away with the cheats.

Funny thing is everyone was telling me when you were standing relaxed, keep your body tight and abs tight. I think mine were naturally tight when I was up there. Other guys were huffing and pufing before/after the callouts and a few never had any abs in their relaxed position.
    So I would have to downplay how important it is to remain tense until you are actually involved in a callout. Seems that is where the points are earned.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    You look great Bro, you already know all my opinions there, holla at me in early 2004 if you need anything...i will try to help out as much as i can...peace...XXL

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meee
    Before my buddy helped me with my diet, I was scimping by on food in the off-season. Now I still eat my bullshit foods, but throw in 4-5 protein shakes throughout the day to be sure. Seems to have worked, as heaviest I was before this summer was 251.

Meee
    What are the "bullshit foods" you eat off season? I'm curious about your diet. If you could lay it out, that would be great.

Thread Information