dananimal is offline Junior Member

Hey boys 1 week out, do you think I can loose the water???

As you can see Im holding quite a bit of water, and I am having a hard time shedding it. Im drinking 2 gallons of water a day, and keeping my sodium low.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey boys 1 week out, do you think I can loose the water???-frontlatspread11-2-03.jpg   Hey boys 1 week out, do you think I can loose the water???-abb11-02-03.jpg   Hey boys 1 week out, do you think I can loose the water???-mostmuscular11-02-03.jpg   Hey boys 1 week out, do you think I can loose the water???-backdblebi11-2-03.jpg  

BRAVO is offline Junior Member
    looks good dude, you can do anything you put your mind to..........good luck

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    What does your cardio look like?

Also, your body will start getting rid of that puffy look in a few weeks now that your off your cycle.

murph is offline Member
    try some lasix a few days or so before the show, that will shed alot of water from ya.... gl ..... (MikeXXL has a good thread on this somewhere)

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I am going to be completely honest with you. Take this as constructive critism okay!! You have a great base there. You are well developed and have good proportions. You are caring some good mass and you have good lines to your physique. Your posing seems pretty good, however I can only comment on your ending and how you are holding your each pose.

Now in regards to your water. You are holding some water however just reducing your water isn't going to get you into competetion shape. This is your first show I persume? You are a little behind schedule when it comes to your fat loss. But that is not to say you won't be ready. What does your diet and training routine look like?

Again take this as contructive critism. You have one week and you can make a lot of improvements in the final week. Put everything on the table in regards to your training and dieting and lets get you looking your best on stage.

Good luck!!!

Well heres the table for the final week
    diet: water Monday three gallons,tues 2, wed2, thurs 1, fri cut down to ice cubes. For food Im taking in about 250gprotein, 50gcarbs. Around 1800 cals a day.
    Training. Cardio one hour in the morning and 30-45 minutes after weight training at night. This week I was planing on doing circuit training mon-thurs. A total body workout about 30 minutes long. Im starting my diuretics on tuesday 50mg of aldactone in the morning and 50mg before bed. So thats the plan. Tell me what you think

Also yes this is my first show, and Ive been practicing posing alot, trying to hide my weaknesses and show my strengths. My trainer did not want me going on the stage not knowing what I was doing, been posing about three rounds a day for the last 10 weeks.

Krulintent is offline Junior Member
    ....yo...I've been checking back for an update on pics. How's your progress coming along? I'm not sure what kind of show you're doing. Is it natural, is it open? Never go into your first show expecting to win. You look alot different on stage than you do in the audience. If you want a dead honest opinion, from someone who has been involved in every show to come into NY in the past 3 years; I don't think you're ready. Timing is everything, down to the minute you step on stage, and I mean that literally. You are holding alot of water, and a little fat still. To look truly good on stage, you'd need to drop down to 5%. If you do it too quick, you look flat, and if you do it too slow, you look small. I guess I'm just talking about natural shows, 'cause with the right drug, you can look how you want. Calves are a hard thing to come by if you don't already have them, but even if they're small, tighten up the hams and shed every bit of fat off of them, and they'll stick out on stage. To do well in a week, I'm not sure, but if you plan to keep going with it, another 3 weeks and you could be ready to win.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Dan- I agree, you could use 4-5 more weeks of dieting, not 1. You have some good size and lines there, but you're going into this show @ 8-9% BF, not 4-5 and the judges will mark you down big time for that. The biggest indicator is your abs, quads, and hams...I see very little separation. tmeoe assumed you weren't natural above but I assume you are? My advice is to go into the show doing the best you can to get into condition and learn from the experience. Keep adding size and next time, nail your condition and you will do well bro. Before your next contest, try PMing Mike_XXL or dam225 about contest prep...they know how to dial in perfectly and can offer great advice for you. Good luck and get back to us with your results!

Well Its monday now and its all over. The light Heavy was stacked at the show, but it still was a great time. I barely made weight. Weighed in 2 lbs heavy, ran steps for 45mins and made it. During Pre judging I thought I was going to collapse on stage but I kept it up nice and strong. My trainer said he was real proud because I never let my big ass smile go, and I posed with confidence and did them like I had experience. As for how I finished I took 6th out of seven. I agree with all of you my bf was too high. I will post some pictures tonight, they turned out great and you boys can get a look at it. The overall winner was in my class. He looked awesome!!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dananimal
    Well Its monday now and its all over. The light Heavy was stacked at the show, but it still was a great time. I barely made weight. Weighed in 2 lbs heavy, ran steps for 45mins and made it. During Pre judging I thought I was going to collapse on stage but I kept it up nice and strong. My trainer said he was real proud because I never let my big ass smile go, and I posed with confidence and did them like I had experience. As for how I finished I took 6th out of seven. I agree with all of you my bf was too high. I will post some pictures tonight, they turned out great and you boys can get a look at it. The overall winner was in my class. He looked awesome!!
    Yea not fat fat, muscle has good form under all, just too much skin cushion smoothing everything over. Cant see veins or muscle threats which at your size should be there.

Here are the pics I am third in from the right #38 the overall winner is easy to pick out he is third in from the left in most of the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey boys 1 week out, do you think I can loose the water???-frontrelaxed.jpg   Hey boys 1 week out, do you think I can loose the water???-frontlat.jpg   Hey boys 1 week out, do you think I can loose the water???-frontdblbi.jpg   Hey boys 1 week out, do you think I can loose the water???-leftrelaxed.jpg   Hey boys 1 week out, do you think I can loose the water???-lefttri.jpg  

the rest
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey boys 1 week out, do you think I can loose the water???-rearlat.jpg   Hey boys 1 week out, do you think I can loose the water???-rightchest.jpg   Hey boys 1 week out, do you think I can loose the water???-serratus.jpg  

Like I said before I gave it my best shot. This was my first show, and now I will be able to time things alot better for the next. I cant wait for the spring to go through it all again. I was thinking about dieting for a couple more weeks and doing another one. I have decided to take a little time off. It is too soon to physically and emotionally go through that again. But what I have discovered is this is a true Man's sport, and you can never give up. I am 21 years old, and I know if I stick with it, in 4 years from now, Ill be the one winning the overall!!

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    You're hitting yourposes real nice. Congrats.

Yah I may have not been in the best conditon out of my weight class, but I have extensively practice my posing, my trainer said he felt I posed the best within my class. I guess thats what happens when you do it an hour a day for 3 months straight.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Not bad at all from your first pics above to showtime.

The reason the guy who won looks very good because if you notice he was SQUEEZING the hell out of his quads while holding the "relaxed" pose, a pose in which you are never relaxed, it's just NOT one of the mandatories. I noticed the others in the line-up squeezing as well, but it doesn't appear you were. Your legs would have looked entirely different if you were squeezing them on-stage. It creates the illusion of a solid/concrete/ripped base.

~SC~

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    YEah, u looked like u did a pretty good job timing things... Its ur first show and like u said, u leaned a lot... Great job bro...

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Congrats bro! That's great. The winner was definitely shredded and had great legs. When everyone else is lacking there, that always stands out to the judges. I will be working hard to bring my legs up before my 1st show in April. Question- was this a natural show or not?

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpseeker
    Congrats bro! That's great. The winner was definitely shredded and had great legs. When everyone else is lacking there, that always stands out to the judges. I will be working hard to bring my legs up before my 1st show in April. Question- was this a natural show or not?
    im going out on a limb here.. its a natural show.. and the winner.. sorry to say has some WORK! to do on his posing.. I mean his side chest and standing side shot made me shoot soup out of my nose. I give you PROPS on getting on stage and getting a shows experience under your belt.. it doesnt matter your placing.. what matters is you were there and try'd your BEST!!

BDTR is offline Retired
    HAha the winners posing was hillarious, he lookd like he was falling in the side chest/tricep.

you did good man, congrats on your first show.

Lol, Hey I agree, his posing is hilarious. When I first saw the pictures, I couldnt stop laughing. To answer the question if it was a natural show, the answer is yes. INBF midwest championship, pro card qualifier. One show down and many to go. I'm only 21, and Im not quiting until I'm the champ someday!!!!

BDTR is offline Retired
    You planning on staying natty forever?

testaprim is offline Associate Member
    yea that guys posing made me laugh. man i love competing. one way to look at it is you just did what a majority of the population could not. not everybody can bust there ass day in and day out and then been in shape enough to get on stage. Its all a learning experience....as long as no one learns how to pose from that guy.

For now Im going to stick with natural shows. Im not going to make the jump to the NPC for another 2-3 years depending upon my development. My muscles have alot of maturing left, and so does my discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by dananimal
    For now Im going to stick with natural shows. Im not going to make the jump to the NPC for another 2-3 years depending upon my development. My muscles have alot of maturing left, and so does my discipline.
    animal.. im natural and plan on being so as long as I can.. and hope to get far.. even in NPC... you can do it.

If your natural and your legs look like that, all I can say is holy shit. I have never seen anything like that before. Maybe its the pictures angle or something, but thats freaky as it gets, those bad boys will carry you far as the rest of you takes them. Also to clear it up, Im sticking with natural shows, but Im have not been "all" natural. Ive taken a few super supplements, but nothing serious. From Januray 2003 to August 2003 I was Iraq, USMC, kickin some tail. While I was there I didnt train. As you can imagine there was some serious atrophy, along with a large increase in bodyfat. In order to bring myself back, and be in some type of conditon for a show within three months took a ton of hardwork, and a little help from supplementation. In my opinion it should never be used by someone who isnt already been extremely dedicated to this sport for at a minumum of 2 years or so. You can't use it as a crutch, and I see alot of people on this board using it and or investigating into it as a short cut crutch. What they want will never be achievable even with the use of super supplements, because without a good foundation you'll never be able to build that castle. Shit I got a picture of my big ass gut hanging out when I got home Ill toss it in this thread, so you boys can see what I did in three months. I could have done alot more if I had the discipline of some of you on here, but that discipline is something you learn, and with time and practice you prefect. Thats my belief

This is me with my big bud Bri. Look at that gut, and yes that was an empty beer cup in my hand. This is the week after I got home. Following that Dave concert is when I got back on track with my goals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey boys 1 week out, do you think I can loose the water???-daveconcert.jpg  

hey dananimal the pic in my avatar is photo'd... heres a real pic.. dont wanna be mis-leading people
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hey boys 1 week out, do you think I can loose the water???-webpage1.jpg  

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredz
    I am going to be completely honest with you. Take this as constructive critism okay!! You have a great base there. You are well developed and have good proportions. You are caring some good mass and you have good lines to your physique. Your posing seems pretty good, however I can only comment on your ending and how you are holding your each pose.

Now in regards to your water. You are holding some water however just reducing your water isn't going to get you into competetion shape. This is your first show I persume? You are a little behind schedule when it comes to your fat loss. But that is not to say you won't be ready. What does your diet and training routine look like?

Again take this as contructive critism. You have one week and you can make a lot of improvements in the final week. Put everything on the table in regards to your training and dieting and lets get you looking your best on stage.

Good luck!!!
    Good advices Shredz.. Take what he says into account.. However I disagree that you can be in top shape in one week. Stick to what your doing at this point and hang on for the remainder of the time. Work for shows about 6 to eight weeks awayfrom todays date. Remember that everyone starts somewhere. Your awesome for doing what your doing regardless of the outcome. good luck and Peace
    Last edited by Dr. Derek; 11-21-2003 at 08:30 PM.

decadbal is offline Banned
    potassium supps, take about 500mg a day for the lastweek, take them 100 mg at a time, and take them with food.

Congrats bro on your performance. I know that you didnt get the results you wanted in the competition but i felt you had one thing that alot of the guys didnt, especially the winner might i add. You had outstanding posing. It looks that the symmetry of your posing is down really well and it shows that you have been practicing that quite often. The only part for you is to know what to keep tight and what to relax. So good job bro, keep up the hard work as it will just continue to pay off further down the road.

bitta is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    HAha the winners posing was hillarious, he lookd like he was falling in the side chest/tricep.

you did good man, congrats on your first show.
    that dude looked like somekind of cartoon super hero or something, BTW looking good bro, gotta agree w/ swole on the quads, dig the front of your foot into the stage and act like you are trying to push the wood from the floor up w/ your toes, its all balance on that one. I think next year you could really kick some a$$ if you tweaked a few things!

You guys do realize this thread is A YEAR OLD.

It's 2K4, this was 2K3.

~SC~

thickmass is offline Member
    friggin plasticbrain strikes again!

jkddave is offline Junior Member
    my personal opinion is that someone needs to teach the bozo in the red trunks how to stand and pose properly. LOL

in every photo he looks like he just took it up the poop shoot. HaHaHa

bitta is offline Associate Member
    hey wait we have to stop posting because this thread is old! LOL (even though people who say that are still reading it and posting on it)

hey the only reason i posted is because it was at the top of the list. i dont even check when the thread was originally posted, i just read whats at the top. so some dude must have done a search and found this and must have thought it was a recent thread so he posted, so dont be callin me no bozo.

, bro the last post before your's was over a year ago.

All good.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by bitta
    hey wait we have to stop posting because this thread is old! LOL (even though people who say that are still reading it and posting on it)
    I said what I did because it was bumped to the top, hence the only reason I responded.

Not sure what your "LOL" is for, but I can tell ya this, don't quit your day job.

~SC~

Thread Information